Telefónica

Telefónica Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Telefónica President Cesar Alierta

Cesar Alierta

Pros
  • Nice culture overall (just not in the team I was working in) and work life balance(in 19 reviews)

• Promote flexible working / allow working from home, where role permits(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Faceless organisation where if you work in the extremities then you don't get a look-in from senior management(in 9 reviews)

• Lack of appreciation and work life balance(in 4 reviews)

Shame Really

Sales (Current Employee) Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

ProsCool Brand, Great Offices, Very Flexible, Benefits are good, Pension is good.

ConsMismatched / Huge targets not representing assigned accounts
    Pay is average.
    Commission structure includes a 15% Client Sat score, if your part of the company does not hit it, you don't get it. (almost a tax)
    Not a sales culture
    If you don't speak Spanish forget any real high level progression
    Held back by crazy decision from
    The Whole TEF Digital brand is/was Vaporware

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some people that are from outside the company to transform things, stop putting mobile minded people in senior positions.

It is a good company but staying here implies you will freeze your career

Network Engineer (Former Employee) Caracas, Capital District (Venezuela)

ProsGood salary range and benefits
    Good work/life balance
    Excellent building and work area

ConsThere's not career path
    There's not interest in up-to-date
    The goals of the company changes constantly
    You could stay doing the same work for years

Good job for start

Service Desk Agent (Current Employee) Prague (Czech Republic)

ProsReasonable salary for beginning.
    Oportunity to learn
    Not super stressful environment.
    Good name of the company
    International
    Overaly good place to start your career, learn basic and move on.

ConsDisorganized
    Constantly changing procedures with miserable documentation
    Remedy based system that had to be downgraded for TEF purposes
    Spanish way of management.. mañana
    Below average salaries e. g. lover management gets same money as agents in orther companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet people grow
    Involve employees in your decision..
    Think first

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lots of potential but ultimately, limited opportunity to make a difference

(Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsSome very capable and intelligent people, great work-life balance and opportunities for flexible working.

ConsUnless you are very well connected to senior directors in Spain, opportunities to progress are limited. Constant re-organisations are frustrating, particularly given in some areas there is no appetite for change and no consequences for failure or lack of change. Senior directors essentially sort out their friends above all - there is no due process around giving roles to the most qualified or capable people. Generally there is a big tendency to avoid hard work.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpeak to people - understand the details and impact at the lower levels before making decisions. Stop rewarding people who don't perform - be brave enough to do things differently.

Ok place to work. Salary can be improved

Compliance Officer (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsVery effective in the way staff is trained

ConsSalary is not in relation to roll

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more the the team you currently have instead of focusing on external applicants

For the once great O2 things are changing

Marketing Analyst (Current Employee) Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

ProsTo be honest I'd say the people still make it and there is great flexibility, so working from home is not a problem

ConsThings are getting a bit tight, so look forward to getting some pretty old kit, out of date software and they don't appear to be investing in either people or equipment

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the customer, not just the brand. Invest in kit to equip and empower your staff to do great work as they want to.

Ups and Downs

Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

ProsThe other people in the contact centre are fantastic, keeps you motivated. When first started excellent organisation.

ConsAll outsourced now. No promotion opportunities anymore. Upper management don't have a clue whats going on, on the floor

It may be fun It may be depressing It my be tiresome

Services Development Manager (Current Employee)

ProsIts a BIG company, with offices in several countries and a good base for service customers; good for learning YOUR business (be it technical or more business oriented)

ConsPoor Customer Culture, Reactive management, Too much politics, Poor decision Making

Advice to Senior ManagementDecide faster fail faster correct faster

For a large, bureaucratic company it ain't that bad

ProsGood pay and conditions, flexible expense policies, progressive for a telco

ConsStill a telco. Large, cumbersome, slow. Run by financiers that know little about digital businesses

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the old guard and inject new blood into your business

Good global company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLarge global company with many opportunities. Solid financials. Willingness to move people around the globe to get international experience

ConsFairly bureaucratic organization. All decisions made or go through Madrid. Decision making can be slow given the many layers of bureaucracy.

Advice to Senior ManagementReduce management layers, empower your managers.

Worked for Telefónica? Contribute to the Community!