Telefónica

Telefónica Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Telefónica President Cesar Alierta

Cesar Alierta

Pros
  • Nice culture overall (just not in the team I was working in) and work life balance(in 20 reviews)

• Promote flexible working / allow working from home, where role permits(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Faceless organisation where if you work in the extremities then you don't get a look-in from senior management(in 9 reviews)

• Lack of appreciation and work life balance(in 4 reviews)

Excellent experience.

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Miami, FL

ProsExcellent working environment. Attached to the brand. Real sense of pride. Is a global employer with good internal career opportunities.

ConsThe company have to give more technical training.

Advice to Senior ManagementExcellent people to work with.

Decent place to start a career

Pros- Good company to gain some experience

- Employees get to enjoy a certain level of autonomy

- Work environment is usually on the relaxed side

Cons- Salaries are on the low end, which is the main reason turnover is so high

- Training is major issue since they don't really have any training programs, everything is pretty much learn as you go

- Many individuals in upper management positions are incompetent and/or unaccountable

- Subcontracting actually decreases employee morale and leads to decreased employee performance

- Company does not seem to value or respect formal education as much as they should

- They promote based on seniority instead of skills, ability or education

Advice to Senior ManagementCorrect some of the Cons mentioned above and all parties involved will benefit at the end.

Systems Administrator and Infrastructure Leader

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat Place to Work and to learn, the biggest telecommunications private employer in Venezuela

ConsThere is no chance to move with Telefonica to another countries where company is working, if your are working at Venezuela at operational team.

Advice to Senior ManagementEvery body should have a career plan, that would be known by employer an HR.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work, great benefits, so so salary.

Engineer (Former Employee) Miami, FL

ProsGreat people. The company takes care of its own.

ConsLow wages and a lot of work with no processes.

Advice to Senior Managementdon't over work your people.

Dishonest Organization, Dishonest Management

Product Manager (Former Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsYou don't have to think very much to work here. Although you will have to do a lot of PPTs. A LOT OF THEM.

ConsEntire company motivated by politics. Flavor-of-the-month HR and workplace initiatives that are always a decade behind. No real focus on productivity. Management is primarily managing their careers, not their people. Company is dishonest with hiring and salary practices. I was promised one thing for bonuses and given something entirely different and far worse. Pay raises are meager and out of step with the going rate in California (why I left). When I left, the company tried to cheat me out of my accrued vacation as salary and break California law in the process. (Yes, they seem to have given no thought nor do they care about state labor laws). For context, this is the first time in my life I have left a company on bad terms.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on people first, products second, results third and money last. Stop playing politics.

TELEFONICA INTERNATIONAL USA, Inc. Department of communications & Public Affairs

Assistant (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsI'm learnig a lot about the language, team work, telecoms, communication too.

ConsI've the visa just until May 2014

Advice to Senior ManagementI am very enthusiastic with all I do, cheerful and active. I consider myself very good at public relations and customer service.
    I am looking for an opportunity to start and develop mi professional career to demonstrate all I can bring. Please don’t hesitate to get in contact with me if you think my profile can suit your needs.

Amazing company . Brave people working in tough environments.

ProsBig multinational. Multicultural. International experience. get what you want

ConsSmall in the USA. old fashion business

Advice to Senior ManagementUSA needs different treatment. Do not think as european. Think American!

For a large, bureaucratic company it ain't that bad

ProsGood pay and conditions, flexible expense policies, progressive for a telco

ConsStill a telco. Large, cumbersome, slow. Run by financiers that know little about digital businesses

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the old guard and inject new blood into your business

Good global company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLarge global company with many opportunities. Solid financials. Willingness to move people around the globe to get international experience

ConsFairly bureaucratic organization. All decisions made or go through Madrid. Decision making can be slow given the many layers of bureaucracy.

Advice to Senior ManagementReduce management layers, empower your managers.

A little bit of caos

Pre-Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Miami, FL

ProsStable
    Nice people
    Freedom to take decisions
    Result oriented

ConsLack of processes
    No strategic planing at all
    Old fashion style of Management

Advice to Senior ManagementSee the new market out there and get updated
    Please listen your people and treat them much better
    Define a real strategy and follow up

Worked for Telefónica? Contribute to the Community!