Telefónica

Telefónica Reviews in Spain

Updated Jun 6, 2014

Telefónica President Cesar Alierta

Cesar Alierta

Pros
  • Nice culture overall (just not in the team I was working in) and work life balance (in 20 reviews)

• Promote flexible working / allow working from home, where role permits (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Faceless organisation where if you work in the extremities then you don't get a look-in from senior management (in 9 reviews)

• Lack of appreciation and work life balance (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights
20 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great conditions, poor career development.

Engineer (Current Employee) Madrid (Spain)

ProsGreat place in terms of working hours, salary, benefits and pressure. Company with a presence in 20 countries, so it is possible to relocate. Superb office and good work atmosphere.

ConsVery large company, few opportunities to make an impact on your own. Poor career development, as you are assigned a task and can be doing that for ages. Even though it has presence in many countries, it does not operate as a multinational, but pretty much as local companies bundled together.

Poor Career Development

Business Development Manager (Current Employee) Madrid (Spain)

ProsWork-life balance is good
    some projects are interesting but are few
    It depends on the area you are

Consfew career development opps, many changes in the organization
    Lack of innovation many times

Advice to Senior Managementgood and smart people are leaving the company, please take care of them

Great place to work, but has its issues also

Researcher (Current Employee) Barcelona (Spain)

ProsGreat colleagues, great research environment. You will learn a lot.

ConsManagement could be better. At times you feel like a spanish civil servant.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not good future

Product Manager (Current Employee) Madrid (Spain)

ProsLots of resources, nice work colleagues

ConsToo much noise, not single and stable strategy, too slow

Advice to Senior ManagementTake decisions and assume the risks

The best place to work

Senior Category Manager (Current Employee) Madrid (Spain)

ProsA large company with opportunities for all

ConsSome things are very difficult to do

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's very importan thing in the future: be a digital company with young and digital people manage the company

Good company

Director (Current Employee) Madrid (Spain)

ProsCity country weather culture people

ConsExposition languages working hours too long

Advice to Senior ManagementRewards

Company to make a career in and be someone in the market if you are smart enough to leave when the time comes

Senior Category Manager (Current Employee) Madrid (Spain)

ProsMassive company. Lots of money and chance to move and learn.

ConsSlow, bureaucratic, highly political and too crowded.

Advice to Senior ManagementShrink but keep an eye on what professionals you are letting go. It may be the worst of you who stay.

I have been working at Telefónica full-time for more than 10 years (but not much more... ;-)

Network Engineer (Current Employee) Madrid (Spain)

ProsWith the current rate of unemployment in Spain (26%)? Everyone will claim it is a "secure" company.

ConsCivil service style of management, high bureaucracy, very different environments with varied treatment for both employees and customers (Telefonica Corp, O2, Telefonica International, European and American countries where Telefonica operates). Too heavy weight of trade unions lacking flexibility, innovation, projection planning and profesionalism in general.

The Peter Principle is usually accomplished in a classic hierarchically structured company like Telefonica. As someone said: "Getting anything done around here is like mating elephants: 1it's done at high level; 2 it's accomplished with a great deal of roaring and screaming; 3 it takes two years to get results.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpecially to the highest level: Telefonica is not a monopoly any more. Did you know?

Tipical large company (with the tipical pros and cons)

Sales Manager (Current Employee) Madrid (Spain)

ProsYou get protection. Safety. And are regularly paid.

ConsIts difficult to see how you contribute to improve your company. And its difficult to progress in your professional development. Its difficult to maintain the illusion to go work after some years doing always the same

Advice to Senior ManagementRead previous point

Good workplace, too much busywork

Intern (Former Employee) Valladolid (Spain)

ProsThere were a lot of resources for approved projects, they have a handful of cool perks, depending on your manager you can get good work life balance.

ConsThere are too many politics to get things running and there is a lot of paperwork involved in that too.

Worked for Telefónica? Contribute to the Community!