Teleflex

Be The First To
Add Photos

Teleflex Chairman, CEO, & President Benson F. Smith

Benson F. Smith

Pros
  • The company allows employees to work from home and work remotely which helps work and life balance(in 2 reviews)

• Vacation time is accrued quickly, 4 weeks at 5 years(in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • The upper management was a joke, often calling employees stupid, or "retarded" to their faces(in 5 reviews)

• Poor communication between facilities, management and employees, and between departments(in 3 reviews)

General Review

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsProducts and People are excellent

ConsExpectations are very high and long hours expected

Great company who takes care of their employees

ProsColleagues are friendly and the reviews were always fair.

ConsOnly thing that ever bothered me was when we were to get our raises, but our company couldn't afford them.

Hell

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsEmployee luncheons. Good pay and benefits.

ConsNo time for family. Management doesn't care to hear concerns or issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to manage.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lack of employee training and support

Principal Regulatory Affairs Specialist (Former Employee) Reading, PA

ProsThe company allows employees to work from home and work remotely which helps work and life balance.

ConsEmployees does not have support from managers to learn and develop. There is also little opportunity to grow. There is very little recognition from management or peers for work achievements. The company makes little efforts to retain its talents. Also management change happens frequently because of constant restructuring and lay-offs at some sites.

Lack of leadership

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEasiest $100k job you'll ever have. You will be able to work about 15-20 hours a week and make $100k in your sleep. But, if you work a regular 40-50 hour week, you can expect to max out at $120k.

ConsNo direction from upper management, and no job satisfaction. Selling commodities was not what I wanted to do.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a vision, communicate this vision, and execute.

Growing company, good tech, stagnant co-workers, and inexperienced management

Network Architect (Former Employee) Durham, NC

ProsGreat technology, hands down. If you get at the "upswing" of your career you'll stand to learn a lot; however, once you're past that point it may become rather boring and repetitive. The opportunities to work on some good technology are a plus and training is paid for.

ConsYou will have to navigate the "it wasn't invented here" syndrome with co-workers who have little desire to advance their skills. Lots of intra-office talking behind backs too. Last, but not least, you'll find management who have great intentions but lack any diversity in their career portfolio making off the cuff decisions.

Advice to Senior ManagementPosition the less motivated to advance long time employees to support based roles and allow the outside talent to come in and grow your technology to scales never imagined. Finally, allowing more work-from-home would be an overall "plus" considering the pay isn't commensurate with the time one needs to put in.

Remove all the management layers, it didn't work for a lot of other companies, it only causes a grave disconnect from upper layers to the worker bees. Finally, provide a path for people to blossom into more advanced career roles, stop outsourcing everything to Mexico.

SAP Analyst

SAP Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsLearning and have a great team

ConsLack communication and trust upon management

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate with employees about change
    Create plan or system to help the growth of employees

the hours and the leadeship was great>

Data Entry (Former Employee) Durham, NC

Prosthe team work, 100% customer satisfaction, structured enviroment, 100% cross training, 100% safety, management always had an open door policy.i really hate that the Distributtion Center closed and moved to Mississippi.

Conssome people would be on a probation period with temp agencies and have worked longer than the time before becoming hired permanently.

Great Job, Wrong Attitude.

QA Inspector (Former Employee) Mount Holly, NJ

ProsGreat working experience, 18 years of in Quality Control. The training was Great had a Great Teacher. for a long while things were Great but somehow working with some depts. became almost unbearable to work with.This was the Arrow int.part. Then the last 4 years as Teleflex took over it was a much Greater Place to work for.

ConsWorking for Arrow INT. off and on was almost unbearable not recieving good support from my last QA. Manager,and production Superviser had a lot of clashes which was not very professinal. But When Teleflex/Medical Changed for the Better.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to what is going on and try to help in Working with both QC. and Manafacturing.

Good Team Environment

Export Coordinator (Former Employee) Durham, NC

ProsVery knowledgeable and professional individuals. Eager to assist when needed.

ConsIndustry "overly" regulated and restrict individuals to provide efficiency in processes. No sense of urgency.

Advice to Senior ManagementEstablish an atmosphere of "customer first" and employee empowerment to make decisions to enhance and streamline departmental processes.

Worked for Teleflex? Contribute to the Community!