Teleflora Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset
Jeff Bennett

1. A company that's so awesome that there's very little room for advancement - because there's very little turnover.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Teleflora full-time

Pros

This company is generous with wages vs education levels, hiring people based on their ability to do the job, rather than their degree. They have excellent benefits, great people, and an awesome fitness center complete with a personal trainer. They also have some of the most comprehensive and affordable insurance in the industry. The company also has regular outings, such as holiday parties and summer outings.

Cons

While the benefits that Teleflora offers are great, there are a lack of industry-standard benefits. Teleflora shows no interest in improving their employees education or abilities, offering no certification programs and a facade of tuition reimbursement that requires two years of employment before you're eligible and two more years after you're done, plus a minimum of a B in all of your classes, and even then, it's only 50% of your tuition up to $3000 total - Not even enough to get an associated degree at a community college. Most other tech industries offer things like snack-bars or soda fountains (tf has vending machines) or child care assistance. Teleflora does not.

Advice to Management

Teleflora is a great place to work, but it would be better if there was reasonable accommodation for education.

2. Challenging

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Technician in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance Technician in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Teleflora full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The co-workers were a great asset to the company. If you knew someone in a different department and needed assistance with an issue you could go to them for help.

You can advance to a new department when positions are open and you qualify.

Personal Trainer and fitness center onsite in OKC.

Health Insurance is reasonable and considered a gold plan. You can add your family and it would remain affordable.

HR and activity committee's were very active so at different times of the year there was something going on. We had Food Day, Memorial Run(for those who wanted to join), Winter Party (every two years), Summer Outing, etc.

Ability to work from home one day a week as long as you had an internet connection and your position allowed it. Not all positions at Teleflora allowed you to work from home.

Cons

In our department, we received a new manager every 1 1/2 years or so. New Team leads every couple of years or so.

Management style changed with the manager. Some were flexible, so flexible that problems were ignored. Others were not consistent and would change direction depending on how they felt at the moment.

Had a manager tell me I was not professional repeatedly during a new employee luncheon, so much so that there was an uncomfortable silence afterwards from the new employee.

Had the same manager discourage me from learning new skills to supplement my job skills and help me with my job function by telling me that it was not needed only to find out later that it was.

Management tried to insulate the department from other departments in the company by requiring us to go to management when assistance was needed. Small issues became big issues quickly and vice versa. I know because I have a very memorable email that I kept from my manager who did not follow the core values when she emailed it to me because I had asked a question of someone.

3. Nice

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tupelo, MS
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tupelo, MS

I worked at Teleflora

Pros

Working at home and not having to get up and out on clothes

Cons

Well it's pretty great , just hate the fact that the actual customers that's calling to place an order thinks that they are calling their local flower place

5. customer service rep from home

I have been working at Teleflora

Pros

I worked from home, ppl were nice, job was relatively easy.

Cons

low pay, stressful calls, no room from growth

Advice to Management

pay your employees more

6. Don't work there unless you like working in sweat shops

Former Employee - Software Developer in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Teleflora full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice facility and on-site gym. Conveniently located in Oklahoma City. Pleasure to work with a diverse, talented group of IT people.

Cons

Worked long hours, nights and weekends. Always more than 40 hours. During the holidays it wasn't unusual to work 60+ hours. There were no thank you or appreciation from management for all the extra hours. Even though we went above and beyond, bonuses never reflected such. They had no concern whatsoever with taking away an employees family time. Middle management is sneaky, dishonest, and takes credit for things they didn't do. They hire international employees who have no choice to work long hours or they will be sent back home to their homeland.

Advice to Management

Reward your employees, especially those that go above and beyond. Be considerate of employee family time. Reduce turnover. Be available to employees to speak frankly.

Well funded but very political

Former Employee - Marketing Director in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Director in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Teleflora full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Got to implement lots of changes and develop the website thoroughly. Signed most vendor agreements without even full budgeting process as long as the owner(s) where convinced to try new things.

Cons

As you can imagine, it was run on the whim of the owner (particularly the wife). She's had some home-runs in terms of marketing so their is a cult-like following with her tat she demands. Things can turn on a dime per her feelings and I even watched my boss (CMO with over 7y exp with the company) just get canned right in the middle of a meeting.

Advice to Management

Hire good senior management instead of many sycophants and let them run the business.

8. Great company

I have been working at Teleflora full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people, fair compensation, very good benefits, philanthropic owner. If you prefer working for private companies, consider Teleflora.

Cons

Many on the senior level management team come from their parent consulting group, Roll Global. Not necessarily a bad thing, but not great for upward mobility. The one department that is a revolving door is marketing.

Advice to Management

A little less "top down", a little more communication both ways would produce great results for the company.

Run, don't walk, from Teleflora

Former Employee - Director, Marketing in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Director, Marketing in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Teleflora full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company pays well but that's to remedy the high level of churn. Food in the cafe is first rate with excellent, healthy options. Beautiful artwork and sculpture abound but the place has no soul.

Cons

It is not what you know, it is who you know that gets you promoted. Senior management is an ongoing revolving door which makes it difficult for employees involved in day to day operations. Lots of turnover due to poor management and terrible work / life balance. Many co-workers performed their jobs well and were great to work with despite the low morale.

Advice to Management

Hire people smarter than you.

Overall, a great company to work for.

Former Employee - EFlorist Support in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - EFlorist Support in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Teleflora full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

*Depending on the department you work in, great starting pay.

*40 hours a week.

*Mon-Fri schedule during the day ( occasional Saturday here and there during busy holiday times ).

*You build up so much vacation days. It's unreal. Within six months I built up enough vacation days to take two weeks off.

*Depending on your department, they give you access to learning materials to help you improve and expand upon your work.

*Food. Free food. Almost every week, it seemed like. Definitely allows you to save money.

*Some decent people you work with that even after working for the company, you still maintain a relationship with.

Cons

*Some of the customers can be demanding at times.

*Some of the co-workers can be annoying at times.

Advice to Management

No advice. Overall, I miss working for this company. Had I know then what I know now, I would've stayed where I was.

11. Stable and innovative

I have been working at Teleflora full-time

Pros

Stable company, invested in technology, aspiring to continue growth.

Cons

Lower and middle management is hit and miss. Depending upon the department, micro-management may hinder productivity.

RSS Feed </> Embed