Teleflora
www.teleflora.com Los Angeles, CA 150 to 499 Employees

Teleflora Reviews

Updated Apr 1, 2014

Jeff Bennett

Technologically advanced company with a lot of resources at employees’ disposal, but little room for growth

National Account Manager (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Teleflora full-time for more than a year

ProsHigh-quality employees, very well resourced (will put money and human capital resources behind any legitimate requirement and will leverage internal/sister consulting company, when necessary), high-quality products, excellent customer service

ConsVery little work-life balance, mandatory work/vacation blackout over all major holidays (even for senior management), bonuses given out, but over-hyped and under delivered. Salaries are lowballed even though they try to recruit top talent.

More cons than pros

Customer Service Agent WAH (Former Employee)
Toledo, OH

I worked at Teleflora part-time for less than a year

ProsNice co-workers, work from home, helpful support staff, most customers were pleasant, unless they waited until the last minute to order, good break/lunch schedule.

ConsLow pay, slow system, always crashing, not pulling up the storefront half of the time, store owners not updating their storefront, management wanted us to lie to customers and tell them that we work for the actual shop, shops not delivering on time, no way to contact shop directly to resolve a problem quickly and could only send a message to contact customer, very angry customers when told they couldn't get same day delivery on holidays such as Valentine's Day, shops website would offer a discount but we couldn't deduct it if ordering over the phone, terrible communication, not enough training, they just threw us to the wolves during their busy season, assignment ended one week earlier than was discussed.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter and longer training, update your system so it's faster and more user friendly. Increase pay...

No intelligence needed

I have been working at Teleflora

ProsThe job is what you make of it, though at times it seems as if employees are more like cattle, here. Especially temporary employees such as myself. Just come in trains for two 10 hour days and get started LIVE! Fast paced and never boring during holidays.

ConsTraining too short and not comprehensive enough. ADULTS NOT ALLOWED TO USE THEIR CELL PHONES OR EVEN HAVE THEM OUT THE ENTIRE WORK DAY IS RATHER JUVENILE. Some policies seem rather over the top in today's competitive market place. No encouragement of new temporary employees. No compassion for the well being of employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember that those ARE PEOPLE U ARE HIRING, adults with degrees, sometimes, and it is not ok to treat them like kindergarteners.

Supervisor

Credit Card Supervisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Teleflora full-time for more than a year

ProsDiscount on the arrangements & the opportunity to work from home.

ConsManagement advise you of one things & all of sudden the forget what was said. The pay is horrible. Teleflora will advise you to contact support; however, it really doesn't a difference because points are still deducted.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop selling false DREAMS & learn to appreciate your employees

Interesting career experience.

Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Teleflora full-time for more than 3 years

ProsLearning to work with diverse people.

ConsConstant employee turnover for various reasons

LL

CS II (Current Employee)
Paragould, AR

I have been working at Teleflora full-time for less than a year

ProsThe people I work with are wonderful!! We all work as a team to get the job done, which is important to me.

ConsI cannot think of any at this time

Good Job

At Home Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Teleflora part-time for less than a year

ProsPaid Training, the ability to work from home and the employees and management are very helpful. I had wonderful help from everyone there.

ConsNo cons, pay is minimum wage. Its a job though.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou may want to consider to up the pay.

Sweatshop-like envrionment

CS II (Former Employee)

I worked at Teleflora part-time for less than a year

ProsThey hire anybody who applies.

ConsTraining is poor, at best. Two days of training required me to attend from 12:30 pm to 7:00 pm. During both days combined, there was a total of 3-1/2 hours of watching videos about the software and company policies. There was no hands-on training with the software at all. The remaining time during this training was spent listening to the trainer and a returning employee (also in training) talking about the customers, their complaints, problems that arise while taking calls, and general chit chat.

Pay is minimum wage during training, then goes up to $9.00 per hour once you're taking calls. Employees still qualify for food stamps when employed full time.

Sweatshop-like environment. You are not allowed to leave your computer until the computer says you can take a break / lunch. Breaks (when allowed) are 10 minutes. Lunches are 30 minutes, but only allowed if you're scheduled to work 8-1/2 hours. Most shifts are 7 or 7-1/2 hours.

If you need help or assistance while on a call, you have to raise your hand, like in grade school. Someone will eventually come to help you, but they're not always friendly about it.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide beneficial training that is relevant to the position for which the employees are hired. Include hands-on training with the software. Increase pay. Rather than de-humanizing the workers' environment, try to encourage friendliness between workers. Develop a way for employees to get help from one another that doesn't require raising your hand, then waiting for someone to come by.

Sales, Mentor and Customer Service

Customer Service & Sales (Current Employee)
Lithonia, GA

I have been working at Teleflora part-time for less than a year

ProsGreat Company Potential****Management Team,

First of all, I think you are –ALL-- good managers with great intentions in mind.

I was provided advancement to mentor while on Final Written Warning and 90 Days Probation**unusual policy

ConsWith the several attempts to enhance my value at Teleflora, I respectfully resigned. I have enjoyed the opportunity to learn and grow with Teleflora from the beginning of the WAH Agent Support Team when there were less than forty WAH employees. There have been many challenges overcome and milestones made with your leadership and guidance which each of you should be commended for your –efforts--.

Exit Interview:

I have prepared the following exit interview in efforts to clarify my departure and will hopefully assist with understanding this turnover.

In closing, I have a passion for great customer service which is why I dedicated some of my time to Teleflora however; the way my husband and I oversee our company in Georgia is with professionalism and concern for each employee to have a definitive answer to their issues to ensure less liability to our company due to lack of skilled and trained professionals. We are in the sales and service industry and our contacts are not always pleasant but each –person—will received the attention they deserve and time is not of essence.

Effective communication is a two-way vehicle.

It is not effective to advise an agent of the agent’s identity that has played a role in a Final Written Warning and expect good work unit morale.

Advice to Senior ManagementRatings 2- Excellent 3- Good 4- Fair 5- Poor

Advancement Opportunities-4
Recognition/Satisfaction-3
Performance Appraisals-5
Work Unit Morale-5

Ok when you learn how to survive

Quality Assurance (Former Employee)

I worked at Teleflora full-time for more than 3 years

ProsExcellent benefits, good time off policy, excellent charity work for employees.

ConsConstant management changes, only promote from within, you stay within your pay grade and it's nearly impossible to move up.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the boat rockers, don't get rid of them.

Worked for Teleflora? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Teleflora reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Teleflora CEO Jeff Bennett. All 28 reviews posted anonymously by Teleflora employees.