Teleperformance Reviews

Reset
2.7
Teleperformance CEO Paulo César Salles Vasques
Paulo César Salles Vasques

Pros
  • A laid back work environment with experienced and helpful management (in 24 reviews)

• flexible schedule for students especially (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • Most call center employees are bottom of the barrel type (in 31 reviews)

• Management more focused on metrics than actual customer service (in 16 reviews)

1,119 Employee Reviews

1. Insurance agent

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Port Saint Lucie, FL

I have been working at Teleperformance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company has paid for my training to become an agent - very grateful

Cons

as a former employee in past, they didn't even give me a change as a CSR, worked 4 days and was terminated as not meeting requirements on phone instead of guiding me and advising what I was doing wrong, high turnover in CSR

Advice to Management

should get more involved, a lot of chiefs and not enough indians

2. Great company to start a career

Former Employee - Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Teleperformance (More than 5 years)

Pros

There a many opportunities to learn and grow if you take the initiative. Getting your foot in the door can be easy and you can advance quickly. You can gather knowledge and experience to grow your career.

Cons

Quick advancement means that the upper management is not completely mature in their careers. As an outsource service provider you will be paid less than an equivalent position in other industries.

Advice to Management

Executives should get out of the ivory tower and see if middle management is executing your vision. Communicate with the entry level personnel and tell them what is happening without the sugar coating.

3. Good stepping stone for career and experience

Current Employee - Quality Analyst
    Current Employee - Quality Analyst

I have been working at Teleperformance full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good starting pay. Gain customer service experience/management for resume.'

Cons

Benefits are not competitive. Pay is so-so if you are trying to support a family Sick leave or call off policy does not benefit you even with VALID doctors excuse(s) Feel unappreciated

Advice to Management

Ensure your employees are appreciated, no matter what position they hold. Reconsider your benefit offers and vacation time for tenured employees . Reconsider your "sick time" policy in regards to VERIFIED doctor's excuses.

Worst Job Ever

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Teleperformance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can't think of anything positive about this company. I couldn't figure out why the people who were already working there found the newcomers as threats until they told us in the classes how much they enjoy firing people. The metrics are really unfair

Cons

We had to work 12 hour shifts 3 days in a row and the pay didn't even compensate for the slave work they had us doing. On days where we had to work 12 hours they gave us two 15 minute breaks and 1 hour lunch and on the days we worked 8 hours they gave us no breaks---you had to eat either before work or after you clocked out .So you would be hungry the whole day dealing with rude customers. The customers were extremely impatient and were quick to ask for a supervisor but the supervisors never wanted go get on the phone. They would tell you to deal with it . $10 an hour was not enough for what we had to deal with on a daily basis. The managers were very disrespectful and thought they could talk to you any type of way. The trainers would get mad if we needed their help and they were very lazy. What they taught us in the classrooms had nothing to do with what we had to do when we got to the floor. We were learning all over again even though we spent a month in the training classes. If a angry customer hangs up in your face you'd have to call them back immediately or else it would mess up your metrics.Even if you've already answered your customer's question and the call drops you have to call them back or it will mess up your metrics. I advise everyone that decides to work at teleperformance not to go work for sprint. I suggest you choose a different company. Any company but sprint.

Advice to Management

How about hiring managers that actually want to help out your employees instead of managers that enjoy being spiteful and lazy. You guys are always firing people left and right and somehow think that it's the employees when in reality its the supervisors and managers that you guys are allowing to teach the new comers. Your trainers would be on their phones the whole time and decide to teach when a manager came in. The managers would come in the classes and talk about how they enjoy firing employees and laugh at people.

6. Client Associate

I worked at Teleperformance (More than 8 years)

Pros

Varied projects and always something going on

Cons

not all projects offered are long term

7. great Starting place to work at

Former Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Dallas, TX

I worked at Teleperformance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You gain lots of experience depending on your campaign they will train you the first few weeks before putting you on the phone

Cons

the pay wasnt as great but good bonuses

8. Training

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Joplin, MO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Joplin, MO

I have been working at Teleperformance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The trainers themselves are great. They help you in every way possible.

Cons

There is no way to study outside of class for everything you need to know before they put you on the phones. It is a paper free company, and I understand why. Maybe they need to have longer periods for training, than just six weeks of class. It sounds like a lot of time, not really for the amount of information you have to obtain. I am sure that I am not the only one that has struggled before and after getting on the phones.

Advice to Management

Need to add more time for training. Six weeks seems long, but not really for the amount of info. that needs to be learned.

9. Customer Service Agent

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Sandy, UT
    Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Sandy, UT

I worked at Teleperformance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Your superiors and co workers are insanely friendly, the systems are easy to navigate and the customers are usually quite friendly and thankful for the service.

Cons

The training and nesting periods are a bit brief but they get you overall prepared for the job.

10. Stepping Stone

Former Employee - Internet Help Desk Technician in Decatur, GA
    Former Employee - Internet Help Desk Technician in Decatur, GA

I worked at Teleperformance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment among teams; loads of experience for entry level candidates.

Cons

Advancement and career solidity is difficult to obtain, despite having the credentials. Pay is below what any person in IT should start out. Not enough communication between supervisors and other departments.

11. Customer Service Rep at Teleperformance

I worked at Teleperformance full-time

Pros

Great training, Great support systems, decent pay

Cons

Unstable hours, breaks are too short for someone sitting for long periods of time.

Showing 1,119 of 1,140 reviews