Teleperformance

Updated October 14, 2014
2.5

Teleperformance Fondateur Daniel Julien
Daniel Julien

Pros
  • A laid back work environment with experienced and helpful management (in 22 reviews)

• As far as the company working with you to create a flexible schedule goes- it's very possible to do (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • The call center manager ended up getting fired a few months after I had already left (in 30 reviews)

• i was on the customer service team and then got let go because of no sales (in 15 reviews)

More Highlights

Just got hired!!!!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Killeen, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Killeen, TX

I have been working at Teleperformance full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Applied online Friday Sept. 26 2014, they called me Saturday Sept. 27 2014 for a phone interview, and asked me to come to their office Monday Sept. 29 2014 and I was hired!!!!!! Their interviewers were relaxed and professional all around pleasant 2nd interview.

Cons

From what I saw just from the interview they don't enforce company dress code policies...some of the employees looked like they just rolled out of bed literally!

Enforce the dress code! I like to look good when I go to work...it makes me feel good and it also helps my productivity and professionalism

I worked at Teleperformance

Pros

The pay when I was there was great. I heard they're paying much less now. Sucks to hear that. I learned a lot of useful technical support information that came in handy at home. Lol.

Cons

The one hour lunch with no breaks for 12 hrs was insane. The team leaders did not like taking client calls and that made my job frustrating.

Wisely choose your team leaders. They're supposed to help their team and not bring it down.

Great community of driven customer support specialists

Former Employee - Senior AppleCare Advisor in Boise, ID
    Former Employee - Senior AppleCare Advisor in Boise, ID

I worked at Teleperformance full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A laid back work environment with experienced and helpful management. Good incentivizing.

Cons

Limited opportunities for advancement, occasional difficulties receiving proper help.

Listen more to employees about the changes they want, and ensure that any new changes put in place are received well before considering them a success.

Interesting

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Teleperformance

Pros

youthful staff decent pay, snacks

Cons

poor upper management weird hours

focus on customer service and not on money

Use this company for work experience and nothing else.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Augusta, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Augusta, GA

I have been working at Teleperformance full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There is room for fast advancement due to the high turn over rate. If you need quick money stay for the training then quit when you get to the phone.

Cons

This company does not care about their employees. You are just a body in a seat that helps Teleperformance get paid. You do not learn what you need to learn in training in order to be successful on the phones. Your loyalty is to the company and no one and nothing else. There are employees who has been employed a year and still make the same pay they did when they started. You make the same amount regardless of how well you do your job. Supervisors run in clicks. They take care of their clicks and everyone else has to learn to survive on their own.

It's apparent management does not care that the company turn over rate is astronomical.

Looking for an out of your fast food job??

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Teleperformance full-time (more than an year)

Pros

No true requirements to work here, just a few months of "customer services" does just fine. A good place to move up, there are more positions and seats than there are people, and they are always "ramping up."

Cons

Ah, where to start? First off, this will only be a small stop in your customer service career. Given that they pretty much hire anybody, expect to see a real lack of professionalism and respect among the rank and file. It is common for management to look the other way regarding insubordination, and performance reviews. They then fire good reps for the wrong reasons, resulting in a poor call center environment from the top to bottom. Everything there is reactionary, and the upper management team does not have a real plan, they just sit back and fire off nasty emails. The real money to be made here is as a representative. At 24K a year, the salary for a supervisor is a complete joke, and takes advantage of driven people wanting to move up. They will talk up their ability to bonus, but if you only bonus twice, maybe three times a year, it's not even close to worth it, and you don't get the bonus unless the entire center qualifies for it. For the amount of hours they want you to work as a supervisor, you are making just over minimum wage. Training is completely ridiculous. Some reps complained of never even seeing their trainer for any real period of time, and many of the trainees get fired. The ones that make it succeed despite the training process. They also place no value in forward thinking. If you have a good idea, you are better off storing it for whenever you land a real job.

First off, you need to take your collective heads out of your butts. Yes, I know it's great that you just got your jobs in the last 6-8 months, but stop trying to model yourselves after a site (Fairborn) that has rampant accusations of sexual harassment and drug use. Leave Grand Rapids ethics and morals alone, people work better when they want to come to work. We never had the type of turnover rate under previous leadership, and it's because you have created a culture of fear and hate. Stop rolling new things out every other day. As a call center, this should happen maybe once or twice a month, not every time you turn around. It hurts the morale of everyone when crappy emails are sent out every time you aren't happy about something. You ask supervisors to filter the message, but when they stop caring, it kills anything good that might have existed. I leave you with this, you took someone who was completely 100% bought in to the process and idea of TP and completely crushed it in a few short months. Congratulations!

Agents are overworked, closely monitored, and underpaid.

I worked at Teleperformance

Pros

Indoor job with air conditioning. If you can deal with customers it's not so bad.

Cons

Horrible customers with little support from supervisors. The training is a joke, so you have to learn a lot on the job.

Train your agents better. Nothing is worse than getting chewed out by a customer for being an idiot when they're right.

Sub-par

I worked at Teleperformance

Pros

The people who worked at the project with me were wonderful. Supervisors seemed to do their part as best they could to inspire you to work well.

Cons

There was hardly any incentive to continue working there after a year. Unless someone quits, get's fired, or is laid off don't expect to move up in the company any time soon.

Ok beginner job, perfect for starter tech position jobs and to learn patience.

Current Employee - Technical Support in Lindon, UT
    Current Employee - Technical Support in Lindon, UT

I have been working at Teleperformance full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Love working with the people there. They are awesome with scheduling.

Cons

Health benefits suck, management sucks. HR is horrible.

Listen to your employees.

My experience at Teleperformance was very positive. One of the most professional call centers out there.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Teleperformance full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The building maintenance is top-notch, it LOOKS like a nice place to work. The upper management is very friendly and knows a lot of the employees on a first-name basis. They also higher a lot from within the company, so the supervisors and other leaders are people who have general employee experience and are very relatable.

Cons

Honestly, the largest challenge for me with Teleperformance had to do with the different clients I worked for. Teleperformance itself was a very positive work environment.