Teleperformance

Updated December 17, 2014
2.4

Teleperformance Fondateur Daniel Julien
Daniel Julien

Pros
  • A laid back work environment with experienced and helpful management (in 24 reviews)

• As far as the company working with you to create a flexible schedule goes- it's very possible to do (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • The call center manager ended up getting fired a few months after I had already left (in 31 reviews)

• First off, this will only be a small stop in your customer service career (in 16 reviews)

More Highlights

Appreciated the majority of my co-workers, but disorganization from the top down led to the downfall of my location.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Ann Arbor, MI
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at Teleperformance full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-co-workers easy to get along with
    -variety of shifts available
    -lots of overtime available
    -good trainers
    -fairly close knit atmosphere
    -free snacks and drinks

Cons

-widespread disorganization
    -lack of communication between client and management
    -lack of communication between management and agents
    -poor training curriculum
    -inconsistency in policy and work related information on a day to day basis
    -rapid change regarding work responsibilities, schedules, etc.
    -failure to pay many employees adequately and on time
    -imbalance in expectations and responsibilities between agents

-demand better communication from the location client to location management during contract negotiations
    -select candidates with the most job knowledge and best communication skills for promotions
    -tailor new hire training curriculum more toward building skills that can be applied to the day to day tasks of the job rather than to company and client facts
    -implement measures to balance workload between employees rather than allowing certain managers to weight workload based on their own discretion

TP

I have been working at Teleperformance

Pros

Great hands-on learning environment.
    Great people.

Cons

I guess pay leaves a lot to be desired.

CSR

I worked at Teleperformance

Pros

NOTHING, it sucked! Happy to have left!

Cons

The management was HORRIBLE, Nothing but favoritism was shown, I couldn't get out of there quicker!!

Fire all management and start over!!

These people are awful!

Current Employee - Leader in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Leader in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Teleperformance full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Co-workers, learned skills, 1 manager

Cons

Where do I start? Firstly, communication is minimal. We have been recently aquired by TPUSA and we have learned EVERYTHING on the fly. New systems, payroll, hr practices, new leaders (still don't know who they are) are still very foreign and we are held accountable for not getting it right the first time. Employees are not getting paid correctly and management seems to show no urgency in getting it rectified. Leaders are now responsible for job functions that were not part of the job with no increase in salary or even an understanding of the toll this acquisition has cost us. I'm still waiting for the benefit of this company to us because they've been nothing except a hassle and I'm already interviewing for new positions. This job is awful and I'm just waiting for someone to figure it out and other some guidance and assistance.

HELP! We're drowning in despair! Where are you? Where is the silver lining for us? Talk to us, set expectations for both of us abd for goodness sake, show yourselves!

tp if you are looking to make money, why not do it on good employees backs

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Sandy, UT
    Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Sandy, UT

I have been working at Teleperformance

Pros

Good peers, clean location and next to a great indian food restaurant.

Cons

Salary, horrible personal time off policies and benefits.

Invest in your company, invest in your employees, get results, benefits and keep good projects.

Microsoft Business Account Support

Former Employee - Microsoft Business Account Support in South Florida, FL
    Former Employee - Microsoft Business Account Support in South Florida, FL

I worked at Teleperformance full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Training available during working hours. They offer some benefits included but even paying so low wages they deduct medical from pay.

Cons

Not easy to be authorized to get training.
    Environment too restrict. Micromanaging to the extreme.
    They have a penalty system that take money form the paycheck.

Treat people as responsible adults instead of children or slaves.

A total waste of... EVERYTHING!

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Santo Domingo (Dominican Republic)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Santo Domingo (Dominican Republic)

I worked at Teleperformance full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fast money in a Third World Country. But not nearly enough to live well.

Cons

Long hours. No bonuses, even though they promise them. No incentives. Expensive and baaaaad food! No room for career improvement. Bad treatment from supervisors and managers.

Learn how to treat your employees so they stop leaving by the dozens daily.

Don't

Current Employee - Customer Service and Technical Advisor in Gateshead, England (UK)

I have been working at Teleperformance full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There is only two: the peers and the team leaders.
      With my colleagues I have met some great people, who could amount to so much if only the support was actually there and I know I can rely on them (as vice versa)
     I have been lucky in being in a campaign where the team leaders are genuinely caring for their advisers and will fight that loosing battle against the higher ups if they think it's right. Put simply, they're humans.

Cons

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be stuck in a dark well with nothing but fecal matter below you and the only way out is a near impossible climb to that speck of light far above? You have? Well experience for yourself and just join this company.
     You will be promised that by taking on a new role you'll secure the only path of progression - only to have that rug swept out from under you as you never got it down in black and wide.
     For 18 years you'll be informed, and reminded every day that you check your stats, that you're under performing and yet the support will struggle to find that cause.
     You'll ask HR for information about staying in the company while moving to another location and would like to know the best way to apply for these positions available on the other sites - but don't hold your breathe as 8 months later you'll still be non-the-wiser.
      You'll be asked what would motivate you to do better, but you better not mention the wage as you have a higher chance of plucking a 4-leaf clover from the nostrils of a unicorn.
     Think your talents are more suitable for another campaign, and that your current one is slowly sapping away that little piece of soul you didn't sell them? Ha, Good Luck with that one!

Why bother, like everything else it would fall of deaf ears

Thankless, stressful, overworked, underpaid. Senior technical disaster.

Current Employee - Senior Technical Advisor in Gateshead, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Advisor in Gateshead, England (UK)

I have been working at Teleperformance full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Like many other reviews the staff here are the real perk. Depending on the campaign you're hired on the advisors and L1 management are a collection of people from all walks of life and really are the only reason worth coming into work. Camaraderie, brothers-in-arms, the team; if you're on the right campaign your colleagues and direct manager can be fantastic.

The company will be as flexible as they can regarding scheduling, but you have to ask. They'll try and do what they can, if the appropriate forms are filled in.

As far as the working environment is concerned it is pretty laid back and can be quite pleasant considering the situation.

Finally; if you can speak English, know basic maths, and desperate for a job their hiring standards are pretty lax and they can find a place for you. Good for a stopgap job but keep that fact in mind.

Cons

The job can be a real nightmare. The customers are awful, other departments unhelpful at best, huge amounts of stress, terrible shifts, low pay. The list goes on.

Upper management, L2 or higher, seem to express general apathy towards the rank and file advisor. Sure they're friendly, like most other staff you interact with, but in a professional capacity they over-promise and under-deliver. If they aren't lying altogether. This can cause real problems with the contract holder as we frequently promise targets that are not presently achievable and even in-house staff cannot achieve.

Do not expect progression. Unless you are the best advisor ever, and even then it's not a certainty, you will be misled. You will be promised this and that and left a drained, overworked, stressed husk in return for no recognition and a 'never good enough' attitude.

Office politics. Possibly the most infuriating element of this job if it isn't any of the above is the clique, if you're part of it this company is your oyster and you can have pretty much whatever you want. If you're not expect hell on earth, you will never leave the position you were hired for. Or even worse 'promoted' to an even more stressful position for an insulting level of compensation, if at all.

And finally, if you're on the wrong campaign and aren't 'the norm' you can expect to be isolated and generally have an unpleasant experience. This in conjunction with the above means only a couple of campaigns are even worth your time.

Root out the corruption in your ranks. There is no reason the company could not be a fantastic place to work in spite of the way customers can behave but the constant favoritism and lack of progression causes such a huge amount of dissatisfaction and huge bleed out of staff. You've lost so many good people because you don't care and you try to force the wrong peg into the wrong hole.

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hermosillo, Sonora (Mexico)

I have been working at Teleperformance part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Flexible Work Schedules
    Friendly Supervisors
    Good Pay

Cons

Personal Growth
    No casual outfits accepted