Teletrac

Updated Apr 8, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Tony Eales

The Team Work and Supportive Management are Top Notch!

Account Executive (Current Employee)
    Arlington, TX

Pros13 years here & still love my job. Awesome products & a company that stands behind them.
    Good benefits & attainable promotions. A culture that rewards hard work and nurtures their employees.

ConsThe company has grown rapidly & has some growing pains. Sales are 'off the wall' and it can be some hard work to keeping up - that's where the great teamwork makes it all possible.

Advice to Senior ManagementI know we are hiring new people every month, but could we hire more, faster?

OMG

Anonymous (Former Employee)
    Garden Grove, CA

ProsA Paycheck every two weeks! Most of the staff are very friendly (except the suck-ups to directors)!

ConsEverything else. Directors and Sr. Management of horrible! They are in a private club where they treat people outside their click horribly! No consistent raises. One director dating another, and buddies with VP! Dont speak to employees and treat subordinates horribly.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet real corporate management training (not the stuff you and incompetent HR make up on the fly) and classes on how you treat staff!

Top of the line company

Product Training Specialist (Current Employee)
    Garden Grove, CA

ProsOne of the best perks of working for Teletrac is the opportunity to grow. There are so many places you may branch out to! The culture as a whole is a great environment to be around. The limit to what you can do and where you can go is definitely up to each person's commitment. The entire management and executive team support individual growth and do whatever they can to help you grow within the company. The job security Teletrac provides goes beyond any company I have ever worked for.

ConsThere are no negative comments I can think about when it comes to Teletrac. I believe any negative comments guided towards Teletrac has much to do with that person's individual experience and should not reflect Teletrac's image.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Proud Employee

Senior Account Representative (Current Employee)
    Arlington, TX

ProsAlmost two years ago, Teletrac formed an Inside Sales team in Arlington, TX and as one of the first sales associate brought on-board, I have seen numerous changes and many improvements along the way. The company continues to heavily invest in sales resources, such as training and product development, which are vital to professional success. Teletrac rewards performance: In the short two years, I have had the opportunity to double my earnings, be promoted to a Senior AE, and continue to focus on my next career goal.

ConsWe need to keep up with the increasing supply and demand within the company. We are doing our best to hire more employees and train them in the departments needed for the best customer satisfaction.

Advice to Senior Management. To continue making investments that will ensure the continued success of Teletrac, as well as expand the outreach of our products and services in the marketplace by hiring, training, and retaining the best sales team. Please continue providing the tools and resources to your employees to help them exceed their career goals.

Solid company to work for, bright future

Sales (Current Employee)

ProsHave a very solid product that is easy to demo and there is strong demand in the market right now. Solid web marketing for lead generation. Recently been purchased by Danaher which should lead to major improvements in the product Also, if the federal regulation requiring eLogs for OTR trucking ever passes, this will lead to a boom in sales for the company.

ConsCompetition is everywhere and they are offering a more comparable products to the Teletrac system. They are also willing to do it at a lower price and the market is increasingly price sensitive. Tough to make high level of income here as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementKick it into overdrive with the product development and put us on par with People Soft and Qualcomm. Be willing to negotiate on price and contract length to compete and win business.

Opportunity for Hunters

Telesales/Account Executive (Current Employee)
    Arlington, TX

ProsUncapped commissions. Owned by Fortune 150 company. Excellent benefits. Vigorous professional development support. Healthy culture and work environment.

ConsTelesales not for the faint of heart or 'coaster'. If adverse to change, not a good fit. This company is moving and shaking.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider other media channels for advertising. We have an excellent product that sells itself on the merits...but we have to get the message out there to break through tired old business paradigms.

Open Doors and Honest communication

Accountant Executive (Current Employee)
    Fort Worth, TX

ProsDirect managers are plugged in to you and your success. They are not just numbers hounds with out a soul. Expectations are fair and reasonable if your dedicated.

ConsLonger sales and implementation process means your sales commissions can be very slow.

Advice to Senior ManagementStreamline competitive information and advise us more frequently of the marketing we are doing now so that our insight trends are more transparent.

Great people who are engaged. Usually.

Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsI love the people I work with with only a few exceptions. The work is interesting, and the product is compelling. All in all, I really like working here/

ConsThere is a long, LONG legacy of products at this company, and more time than I would like is spent tracking down bugs in old, ugly code. There isn't much communication of where the company is going.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate your vision for the future with us! It's not hard to build up the level of excitement if you talk about new products in the pipeline or new technologies or business plans.

Great company full of smart people

ProsPositive energy, hard-workers that try to find solutions to answers.

ConsBe prepared to work hard.

What in the world am I doing here at this company

Garden Grove, CA

ProsI guess the good is that they have a revolving door here, if you know how to answer a phone, and get to work on time your hired, You get free coffee and hot chocolate, you get to use a computer and a paycheck.

ConsCompany: They really don't care about the employees, The morale here is so depressing it makes you not look forward to coming to work. The training is laughable, I still have no idea what I am doing, just using my skills from my last job and it seems to be working as no one has complained yet. The meetings are laughable, they only the managers appreciate one another and belittle the employees. The managers act like they are still in high school treating the team so badly, after personally talking to each of the employees they truly don't want to be here and if the opportunity came they would so leave this company. It makes me feel horrible that companies like this exist. I don't really know if management even cares but I know they are not happy with their lives, all they do is complain and smoke cigarettes, I think that is the high light of the day here. I am so looking for another job to escape this environment. I feel sorry for everyone cause you can see the sadness and the fake smiles they give to the higher ups. I no longer fear HELL because I have worked for this company, if you get a job offer here, do your self a favor and keep searching, Please I beg you, anyone who is reading this don't work here, don't do it, even if you need work, just don't do it.

Training: I remember nothing about the training except the free lunches and that is it. They cram so much information on you that by the time you are out of you are overwhelmed. Most of the people in training were falling asleep or at least drinking 8 or 9 cups of coffee. half of those people didn't make the cut and just quit. How about having a training that trains you on what you will be doing rather then expressing how great the company is, that does nothing for an upset customer. Once hitting the floor you get to sit with actually employees and you realize that this is just a job to them, have the time you don't really have any idea what they are doing, and even they don't know what they are doing, and these are the people training you. Their workload is more than they can handle and if they don't finish it they get yelled at for not completing the work. Half of the time they were not even paying attention to what they were doing, just getting paid to sit there and talk about facebook and stickers to everyone. I don't blame them because without talking to someone you could go insane in an instance. All in all the training was terrible, until this day I still don't know what I am doing.

Company Morality: I probably already stated this but after interviewing almost every employee here I kept getting the same answer, and I was really trying to get them to say something positive but I got nothing. 1.) Management does not care about you, if you get sick on Monday, be ready to find a new job, there is a rule to not be absent Monday which seems unethical, I see people come into work sick cause they don't want to lose their job. The management does not appreciate the hard working customer service reps, they would so make other companies proud but not here. Anyone above your Manager will not even make eye contact with you they all put on plastic smiles for one another and you truly feel like the bread crust that nobody eats. 2. Product - I could write a book on why you should not buy this, when customers complain to me about the un-fixable non-working product, I literally tell them to cancel and save your money, yeah I will be fired soon but I could care less at this point. 3. No one is willing to help the customer, it is like we are force to lie and promise them the impossible and when they cancel everyone has a dumb look on their face. It is survival of the ignorant, so if you have any common sense you will stand out like a roach on a white carpet. This is a bad thing. This will be my last week with this company as this was a temporary assignment for me. This is all I will say, "JUST STAY AWAY!!!"

Worked for Teletrac? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Teletrac reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Teletrac CEO Tony Eales. All 29 reviews posted anonymously by Teletrac employees.