Teletrac

Tony Eales

Sr. Account Executive

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Arlington, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Arlington, TX

I have been working at Teletrac

Pros

Teletrac is an awesome company to work for, with good benefits. Fantastic team work across, the board, I have support in all departments. My direct manager is excellent example of good leadership , supportive, pro-active and enthusiastically motivating. Anybody can succeed here, with an our outstanding 'Training' department available to provide individual help + a multitude of ongoing classes available every month. I would highly recommend Teletrac as the #1 place to work in Texas for the DFW area.

Cons

While we are encouraged to take any and all the product technology classes we want - but - it can be hard to find time because we're so busy closing contracts. Making money is so much fun and exciting here, it can be hard to tear myself away.

As far as advice to the management... well who doesn't love more spiffs!

>Talk about a great company... Last year everybody, worldwide, got to the 25th year Anniversary in Disneyland, CA.
    More of that would be wonderful!

Low communication, high micromanagement.

Former Employee - Collections in Arlington, TX
    Former Employee - Collections in Arlington, TX

I worked at Teletrac full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The hours are great, the position itself is alright.

Cons

Micromanagemebt from supervisor, severe lack of communication from one department to the next. Things are consistently inconsistent.

Interview (especially during/after a management change) each individual employee to get feedback of what works and what doesn't. Learn from the people at ground level what they think will improve things, don't just throw money at a problem without identifying the issue and a potential low cost solution first. Invest in employees, not useless salaried positions and software. Make sure your supervisors aren't deliberately keeping their employees from communicating with other departments. Implement a bonus structure, the dollars will come flowing in from collection efforts. Otherwise people get the mindset of "don't rush me, I'm hourly".

Tough times through the recession

Former Employee - Account Executive in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Rockville, MD

I worked at Teletrac

Pros

good product, good work-life balance, and got a good training.

Cons

i was the result of a downsizing, but enjoyed my time at the company. it is a very competitive industry, so it was a bit of a difficult sale

Where to begin...

I have been working at Teletrac full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The pay scale isn't terrible. Not necessarily competitive, but not terrible.

Cons

The Danaher acquisition and the merger with Navman will likely help, but this has been a poorly run company for many, many years. The hardware is mediocre, at best, while the software is utterly archaic. This is very much a sales-driven company, which isn't always a bad thing, but, in this case, it means that the voices of the rest of the company are quashed, and the customers are done a great disservice. Outside of sales, morale is, and pretty much always has been, in the toilet.

Churn is extremely high and the finances are doctored (Danaher will likely fix the latter.).

Tony Eales has moved on, which is the best thing to happen to the company in years. Unfortunately, several of his minions are still in power. The new regime has an incredible amount of work ahead of them to fix 25 years of inept and dishonest "management".

Great pay, good people down in the trenches, otherwise unethical practices and poor management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Garden Grove, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Garden Grove, CA

I worked at Teletrac full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great pay and I worked with some good people. I felt like I made people's day better and supported them when their managers didn't.

Cons

Unethical business practices (products are sold with known defects and bugs) then when customers refuse to pay for non-working products they are sent to collections. Management treats employees poorly and are unqualified, dishonest, threaten, and are demeaning to employees. There are a FEW exceptions. HR department is irresponsible and lacks integrity. The only department I would work in is Marketing. Even the reviews on here are skewed since management pushes employees and customers to post good reviews on the web to try to offset the poor (real) image.

Quality products and quality management would solve most of the problems at this company. The industry is ripe with tons of potential and if the company held true to their marketed values I would be happy to work here. Look to the core problems and fix them first.

Fair Company, Solid Product with large and growing demand

Current Employee - Sales Representative, Customer Trainer in Arlington, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Representative, Customer Trainer in Arlington, TX

I have been working at Teletrac full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Company invests in you from the beginning with top notch training to get you off to a solid start. From there, you are representing a leading company in the industry that has over $100 million in revenues with its sole product being GPS Tracking and HOS solutions. With the recent acquisition by a fortune 149 Company, Danaher, we now have the resources to to continue improving to be the top company in the industry. Your advancement and income growth is up to you based on your commitment, drive and effort you put in. You will not be micromanaged however there are expectations to your performance (as is true no matter where you go). Great benefits and vacation policy, solid base salary which can be increased in short order, as well as a strong commission structure. Also, potential for massive spike in growth if the HOS regulation for eLogs law should go into effect in 2015 as expected.

Cons

No too many cons ... the office could be in a more attractive location and there could be a more modernized company culture to keep people excited about working there, so it is a little old school. However, I hear there are plans for improvements in those areas as well; possible relocation of office into a more modernized setting.

Strive to create an environment that is fun, energetic and exciting which causes more enjoyment in working for Teletrac which will show in all areas of the business.

OMG

Former Employee - Anonymous in Garden Grove, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Garden Grove, CA

I worked at Teletrac full-time

Pros

A Paycheck every two weeks! Most of the staff are very friendly (except the suck-ups to directors)!

Cons

Everything else. Directors and Sr. Management of horrible! They are in a private club where they treat people outside their click horribly! No consistent raises. One director dating another, and buddies with VP! Dont speak to employees and treat subordinates horribly.

Get real corporate management training (not the stuff you and incompetent HR make up on the fly) and classes on how you treat staff!

Top of the line company

Current Employee - Product Training Specialist in Garden Grove, CA
    Current Employee - Product Training Specialist in Garden Grove, CA

I have been working at Teletrac full-time (less than an year)

Pros

One of the best perks of working for Teletrac is the opportunity to grow. There are so many places you may branch out to! The culture as a whole is a great environment to be around. The limit to what you can do and where you can go is definitely up to each person's commitment. The entire management and executive team support individual growth and do whatever they can to help you grow within the company. The job security Teletrac provides goes beyond any company I have ever worked for.

Cons

There are no negative comments I can think about when it comes to Teletrac. I believe any negative comments guided towards Teletrac has much to do with that person's individual experience and should not reflect Teletrac's image.

None

Proud Employee

Current Employee - Senior Account Representative in Arlington, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Account Representative in Arlington, TX

I have been working at Teletrac full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Almost two years ago, Teletrac formed an Inside Sales team in Arlington, TX and as one of the first sales associate brought on-board, I have seen numerous changes and many improvements along the way. The company continues to heavily invest in sales resources, such as training and product development, which are vital to professional success. Teletrac rewards performance: In the short two years, I have had the opportunity to double my earnings, be promoted to a Senior AE, and continue to focus on my next career goal.

Cons

We need to keep up with the increasing supply and demand within the company. We are doing our best to hire more employees and train them in the departments needed for the best customer satisfaction.

. To continue making investments that will ensure the continued success of Teletrac, as well as expand the outreach of our products and services in the marketplace by hiring, training, and retaining the best sales team. Please continue providing the tools and resources to your employees to help them exceed their career goals.

Solid company to work for, bright future

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Teletrac full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Have a very solid product that is easy to demo and there is strong demand in the market right now. Solid web marketing for lead generation. Recently been purchased by Danaher which should lead to major improvements in the product Also, if the federal regulation requiring eLogs for OTR trucking ever passes, this will lead to a boom in sales for the company.

Cons

Competition is everywhere and they are offering a more comparable products to the Teletrac system. They are also willing to do it at a lower price and the market is increasingly price sensitive. Tough to make high level of income here as well.

Kick it into overdrive with the product development and put us on par with People Soft and Qualcomm. Be willing to negotiate on price and contract length to compete and win business.