Teletronics Technology Corporation

Employment Status

Reset
2.7
Mansour Radmand

1. Very good. Formed the Contracts Department.

Former Employee - Contracts Manager in Newtown, PA
    Former Employee - Contracts Manager in Newtown, PA

I worked at Teletronics Technology Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Had a good relationship with the staff and customers. Established the Contracts Department, using the skills that I had acquired in the field over the years and from former, current and military education. Started the Department as a one person operation and later acquired employees to assist with the common functions of the Department, while I handled the more complex functions of the Company. The larger more complex contracts, terms and conditions, negotiations with the buyers and their legal team. Negotiated price and type of contract firm-fixed, cost plus, etc. Made sure that All international contracts were in compliance with the ITAR, Department of State and Department of Commerce Regulations. Attended seminars, took certificate classed to make sure that I stayed up to date on current regulations and procedures. Did staff training to ensure compliance with government regulations and all internal ISO procedures.

Cons

Time-off policies were standard for an engineering/manufacturing company. The longer you were there the more time off you would accrue. Everybody received a combination of five personal and sick days. Generally I worked about a ten hour day, so my President & CEO occasionally gave me comp. time.

Advice to Management

Spend time listening to the employees.

2. Difficult place to work

Former Employee - Hardware Engineer in Newtown, PA
    Former Employee - Hardware Engineer in Newtown, PA

I worked at Teletronics Technology Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the work they do is really interesting and fairly advanced. There are also a number of talented employees there.

Cons

Upper management seems completely out of touch with the employees. The CEO rules with an iron fist, treating workers like children.

Advice to Management

For long term growth, I think the company would do well to bring in a new CEO with better leadership skills.

3. Hostile work environment. I had worked at their company for 3 years.

Former Employee - Design Engineer in Newtown, PA
    Former Employee - Design Engineer in Newtown, PA

I worked at Teletronics Technology Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good products and interesting projects.

Cons

Hostile work environment. They refuse to higher contract workers and forbid their full-time employees from seeking contract work. High turnover rate. I have also heard others describe it as a "Sweatshop" and that term really does apply.

Advice to Management

Engineers like what they do. Do not make their job more difficult by being addicted to power/control.

5. TTC Terrible

Former Employee - Engineering in Newtown, PA
    Former Employee - Engineering in Newtown, PA

I worked at Teletronics Technology Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

they throw you a bone once in a while.

Cons

low morale among employees,departments kick the problem around,company takes on contracts they can't handle, low pay, benefits below average and owner/ CEO has a GOD complex.

Advice to Management

treat employees better,work together,owners get real or the company will be no more!

6. Disappointing

Current Employee - Technical
    Current Employee - Technical

I have been working at Teletronics Technology Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Impressive backgrounds of owners and many employees (engineers, advanced degrees from good schools), we were involved with high tech/military jets, held high hopes up to my 3rd day

Cons

a wealth of unprofessional behavior, high turnover rate, cheap, very low employee morale, employees being screamed at in front of peers

Advice to Management

revisit the professional standards of behavior you were taught at 3M and graduate school, cultivating senior employees requires treating them well, don't use harassment as a bullying tactic, take a leadership class

7. Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newtown, PA

I have been working at Teletronics Technology Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A great company to work for. Friendly work environment. Care about the employees.
    Plenty of Perks....paid days off during the Holidays and Hurricanes plus free food almost every month.

Cons

The company is growing, could use a few more parking spots.
    Otherwise, nothing bad to say about the company,

Advice to Management

The management goes out of their way to help employees. Open Door Policy.
    One of the Best.

8. They need to treat employees better!

I have been working at Teletronics Technology Corporation

Pros

There are some brilliant people working at TTC, and some of the projects are interesting. You do get the "small company" feel, with the activities planned by the secretaries. Everyone generally at least knows your name or recognizes you. There is a very diverse international culture that is great.

Cons

The benefits are terrible. The work/life balance is non-existent. Salaried engineers sometimes have to take unpaid days due to the lack of industry-standard time off. There is zero support for employee development (as in, no incentive to take career enrichment classes, etc.). Communication at TTC between departments (and even in some) is reprehensible. Trying to change anything works at the lowest levels of management, but hits a big brick wall once it percolates to upper management.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better! If you want to retain top talent, be more flexible with hours, give standard time off, or at least a better sick and personal time policy. Also, listen to your employees when suggestions are given as to how to improve efficiency.

9. Pretty Solid Company To Work For

I have been working at Teletronics Technology Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Solid, stable company. Lot's of work, reasonable schedules, leading edge technology. Great people to work with. Good benefits such as time off (sometimes they give days off unexpectedly or allow you to leave early), bonuses(small), still give out raises every year, great Christmas party!

Cons

Basically all upper management are founders, very littte turnover so not a lot of career growyh opportunities. Company communication is very limited. Hardly ever know how our products are doing - good or bad - once they are shipped. Company could spend more on tools, software, equip, etc.

Advice to Management

Communicate more with your employees, celebrate milestones such as product successes. Let the rank and file know when customers are happy (or even unhappy). Give employees better tools and equipment to do their jobs.

RSS Feed </> Embed