Telligen Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.2
Jeff Chungath

1. Pretty good place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Telligen full-time

Pros

The people here are great to work with. The staff are extremely nice(nicer than anywhere I've ever worked at). It's very easy to get your ideas heard and seriously considered. There's not too much politics and there's very little back stabbing. Other departments are generally very open about what they're doing and it's not difficult to be in "the know". There's a real commitment in this company to improving technological infrastructure and progress is noticeable. Change comes fairly quickly (maybe a little too quick) but it's generally in a positive direction. Overall, I think this is a great company and I do recommend this place for career/job seekers. It's easy to see why so many people here stick around for so long (too long imo).

Cons

Management is too nice(there is such a thing) and in some cases.. ignorant about what they're implementing. There's been many unsustainable, expensive and bad ideas that won't reversed in any short period of time due to politics and people not willing to admit they were wrong. These bad ideas cost millions of dollars and in some cases, prevent me from taking pride in my work as I have to make obnoxiously large compromises to accommodate poor architecture. There's many Easter eggs you'll find (as with any infrastructure) and most of them aren't too bad but there are a few that make you wonder why they ever hired the person to begin with. Lower and mid management don't have a clear understanding of what the "SMEs" are doing or why they're doing thing X, so they grant them blind trust. This stems from ignorance and a too high level understanding of the subject. The environment is a little too laid back, tbh, it's a nice change from where I used to work at but this is ridiculous.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Maybe have more input on what your staff is doing. Grow a pair and stand up for your team. I understand management needs to pick and choose their battles but I've noticed that they almost ALWAYS roll over to absolutely abysmal ideas. Expect your employees to back up their ideas with data and not just a slide show presentation or a good meeting.

2. Manager

I have been working at Telligen full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good vacation policy, good upper management

Cons

Contracted work, no PTO, shifting priorities

3. Proceed with caution!

Pros

Company seemed to offer good benefits. They offer tuition reimbursement, which is great if you are advancing your degree through education.

Cons

I was offered a position that was contingent upon the company winning a contract. I was assured that they would keep me updated on the status of the contract. Not only did I not hear one word from the company, no one returned my calls/emails (numerous attempts). I finally found out from another company that won the bid. Telligen's lack of follow through is totally unacceptable in business. Makes me doubt the company's integrity.

Advice to Management

Your HR department needs an overhaul.

5. Ok

I worked at Telligen full-time

Pros

Casual dress code, well located in west suburbs. Pay is decent.

Cons

Work is inconsistent, contract driven so the people you know and work with may be gone next month. Turnover is high and benefits continue to dwindle. Management is reactive, instead of proactive. Recommend to a friend with a caveat. Limited promotion opportunities, limited benefits and it always rolls downhill.

Advice to Management

Mid level management is just passing the same vague concepts down the chain.

6. Very positive experience, grew in position every year while there. Great HR, and managers were supportive.

Former Employee - Project Lead
    Former Employee - Project Lead

I worked at Telligen full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, HR very supportive, and managers very involved.

Cons

Work is contract based, so the contract can and may expire.

Advice to Management

Continue to foster support and engagement with teams.

7. Enjoyable work

Former Employee - Senior Review Coordinator in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Senior Review Coordinator in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

Wonderful coworkers! The chance to move from clinical care to the payer side of healthcare.

Cons

Chaos. Complete and utter chaos. Very difficult contract implementation- not entirely due to the company- difficulties with the client.

Advice to Management

Intervene early when problems are identified and take action, and try to keep teams in the same location. Listen to the concerns of staff.

8. Great work life balance

Pros

Good work life balance and casual work environment

Cons

They do a lot of state/federal contract work so your job can be dependent on if the contract renews.

Advice to Management

When looking at turnover and employee satisfaction you need to look at salaries to make sure they are in line with the market for that position. On-boarding of a new employee in the specialized fields you deal in is not cheap or easy so you can rationalize a greater salary to continue the great work you do.

Not enough opportunity

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Clive, IA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Clive, IA

I worked at Telligen full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Telligen (IFMC) was a great place to get hands on experience working on governmental contracts. The level of technical expertise is very high and a high majority of the technical team has been there for a number of years. Flexible work environment, compassionate management team (depending on the manager), as well as, a casual dress code. Management does a good job of working with employees for work/life balance.

Cons

Management has a tendency to only give high profile, important projects to the 'same' team members. This is detrimental to the moral of team members who are wanting to advance their careers. Telligen shares contracts with another company, due to this there is uncertainties regarding long-term employment. Salaries are below mid-point for numerous positions.

Advice to Management

Recognize season employees who are as qualified as those that get the high profile and important projects. Keep communication open through all levels team members.

10. Used to be a good place to work.

I worked at Telligen full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Generally workers are supportive of each other. The office is well maintained and benefits are decent. Almost all hours are M-F with paid holidays off.

Cons

Senior leadership doesn't take input from staff. Often seem like they think they are the experts in every field. The culture of the organization has deteriorated over the years as the business has declined significantly. Used to have almost 1000 employees and growing now must be closer to 600 or fewer and dropping.

Advice to Management

Senior leadership should trust their staff. Good people working there - too bad they don't seem to know it!

11. Good company with many opportunities available if you know where to look.

I have been working at Telligen full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Leadership is improving. Company appears to have a longer term vision & strategy. Culture is casual yet professional.

Cons

Multiple contracts can be difficult to manage. There are many managers due to multiple contracts, but it often seems like they don't all talk or know what they are doing.

Advice to Management

Re-evaluate hiring standards, diversify your pool of talent. Why is it necessary to have only nurses do specific tasks. Look into Google's hiring philosophy.

RSS Feed </> Embed