Telogis Reviews

1. Great people, great opportunity, hard work

Current Employee - Product Manager
    Current Employee - Product Manager

I have been working at Telogis full-time (more than a year)

Pros

A very active culture of "do it today", and the company is growing well as a result. This company is going places and it's fun to be part of the growth. People are smart and hardworking, and there's lots to learn - career prospects are promising for those who are patient and hard-working. Yes, they know how to throw a party and certainly make it a positive environment... If you can handle the pace. There's been a high turnover in sales execs, but that just goes in most companies when a sales rep misses his targets. Other departments don't have that problem.

Cons

With so many new people joining the company, everyone has to figure things out for themselves - there is so much to do that the more tenured staff cannot 'onboard' the newbies fast enough. So you either sink or swim. I managed to swim, but it meant long hours and a patient approach to figuring things out. As the company grows and the business has become more complex with the OEM relationships, the 'easy button' doesn't work so well and the business will likely need to restructure to manage that growth - so if you want to part of the exciting growth period you need to be flexible, patient and hardworking. It's worth it.

Processes are lacking (such as who is responsible for what, and do they have the resources/skills to accomplish). We need a dedicated PMO team that is separate from other departments with project managers that can work across departments to get stuff done so things don't fall through the cracks. Everyone is so busy they can't manage other people's tasks, so we need project managers to track everything. Employees need effective downtime to avoid burnout - don't make every issue a priority #1 that results in long hours and constant stress. Finally, there's a little too much nepotism (no need to name names) that needs to be kept in check to maintain a culture of equality.

Flimflam artists pumping towards an IPO.

I have been working at Telogis

Pros

Nice coworkers. Good product. Fun travel.

Cons

Insecure inexperienced arrogant abusive sales management in Austin. Every sale brings it's own insoluble technical and customer support issues.

Circle of blame and confusion. Run don't walk away.

Stop drinking your own koolaid. Bring in execs who actually know business process instead of keeping your band of self congratulating cronies.

Talk is cheap.

A company focused solely on it's IPO....!

Former Employee - Vice President in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Former Employee - Vice President in Aliso Viejo, CA

I worked at Telogis full-time

Pros

A company with a great front..!
    Spends money on parties and offices to look and sound like a software giant. You would think you're working for Facebook or Google. Whilst this no doubt help employee morale, this money could be better spent on improving it's systems and processes. The culture is very much to attract a young candidates, which is great (but the downside is the lack of experience)

Cons

Whilst it has a good platform that attracts major fleet customers, branch out to the OEM sector is nothing but a ploy to help it's potential share value at IPO stage. Once the company floats this OEM channel will be dismantled. It currently doesn't stack. The revenues no way match the resource and marketing spend being applied to this channel. Some investors are in for future sting when the true details are revealed. By that time the owners and senior management team will have cashed in and long gone!

You potentially have a great culture but, try being a bit more honest with your employees. It's ALL about the IPO. You want to build up the business for huge stock market floatation. The OEM channel is a farce. Over priced for the market and doesn't make a profit. Sooner or later the customers will realise and either go direct or find a cheaper service provider. But, then you will have already cashed your chips in?

Lots going on, good benefits

Current Employee - Product/Project Manager in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Current Employee - Product/Project Manager in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at Telogis full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There's never any shortage of things to get involved with, and there are a lot of smart people working here. The management team seems to have a pretty good idea of where they want to take things and I like the fact that they're pretty accessible. With all of the growth over the past year, it'll be really interesting to see how things go from here, but so far I've been really satisfied with the broad scope of projects I've been able to work on and the number of different skill sets I've been able to use. Also, the benefits package is really great. Good medical, dental, vision plus 401k with lots of choices which are great for a family.

Cons

I think the one thing they could work on is work/life balance, but in a fast paced environment with lots of stuff going on and lots of hiring and growth, it's kind of the way things are. My last job was like that too, and I also think that they tend to hire dedicated people who put in whatever it takes to get it done, so that's the reality. I also think that it's not a big place if you're used to being micro managed or having someone hold your hand. They trust that you know what you're doing.

Very secretive culture

Current Employee - Client Executive in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Client Executive in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Telogis

Pros

Strong OEMs that allow get you in the door in a crowded market

Cons

Horrible back-end systems
    No equity
    No involvement in decision making
    No involvement in go-to market
    Little understanding of how executive decisions are made
    10:1 Sales to SE ratios

Tell your employees what's going on
    Give standard enterprise software support resources like BDRs/ISEs and solutions engineers

Looking elsewhere

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at Telogis full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Nice new office, free food and drinks. Lots to do.

Cons

Middle and upper management is not that experienced. Lots of challenges with teams that are discontent with no one understanding process or communication. Growth has slowed down even after all of the investment and new head count, not sure where all the investment and money is going - not great signs.

Poor training, Bad management

Former Employee - Operations in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Operations in Austin, TX

I worked at Telogis full-time (less than a year)

Pros

New company that's quickly growing and hiring...especially in sales. Looking to go public within a year. Free Keurig coffee, sodas, snacks and Pizza on Mondays. Job offered good pay and good benefits.

Cons

Crowded office space, chaotic work environment, micro-manager from Hell who provided poor training and gave little room for error. It's a sink or swim culture. Manager encouraged questions in what was supposed to be a ramp and training process but would proceed to belittle, question my abilities and make my time there so miserable in the hope I would quit. Daily interactions with manager turned into a diatribe. Not worth the pain and anguish.

Nightmare

Former Employee - Sales Executive
    Former Employee - Sales Executive

I worked at Telogis full-time

Pros

solid software platform. a lot of great employees

Cons

sales infrastructure is one hot mess. Nobody knows what they are doing. Highest turnover in a sales organization that I have seen in my entire career hands - down!

No Training for New Employees and Inexperienced Managers

I have been working at Telogis full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good product, Great time off policies, great design in office.

Cons

Very high turn over rate going on right now!! People are very frustrated by the ineffective middle management that lacks communication and does not want to train new employee's properly. Yet they want to super micro manage. There is a "Sink or Swim" mentality. Many employees frustrated and leaving. Letting inexperienced people become Manager's who has no people skills. I would say most of the 5 star ratings on here are from the Telogis Recruiters because they are trying to retain people since they got a new round of funding.....

Watch your turnover rate in this company. Alot of great people leaving. Collaborate with HR and find out why so many people are leaving and their reason.

Great experience so far

Current Employee - Business Development in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Business Development in Austin, TX

I have been working at Telogis full-time (less than a year)

Pros

High integrity company
    Company takes care of its people
    Lots of autonomy - "Be your own CEO" isn't much of an exaggeration
    You are made to feel welcome and truly a part of the team
    Lots of opportunity for innovation
    Best benefits package I've seen in several decades
    Fast paced in a good way
    Seems like everyone truly feels like they are contributing
    Easiest expense filing system I've ever worked with

Cons

Fast pace and heavily matrixed organization makes it hard to stay in sync

Don't let the investment or potential IPO change the many, many things you're doing right (great benefits, company credit cards for frequent travelers, investment in people - particularly new hires). This is a great company and can be even greater in the future if we don't diverge from doing the things that have made us successful.