Telos Reviews

1. Security-Centric Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Telos full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Senior leadership proactively works to keep personnel appraised on how the company is doing, its direction, and any other internal developments that may be of interest, in the form of town hall meetings that are accessible in person, via web, or dial-in. Company is steadily gaining new contracts and growing their presence in the security world with Xacta and other supporting applications.

Cons

It's been reported that it is not easy to get pay increases. Get into the door at a pay rate you're satisfied with, or accept what you're getting for a long while. Company cut out 401k employer matching this year, which is essentially reducing what employees get in terms of benefits. So far there had been no compensating solution.

Advice to Management

Deliberately invest more in the employees in terms of raises and other benefits for a slight trade-off in the bottom line in an effort to retain skilled personnel should be considered.

2. Great People and a Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Technologist in Ashburn, VA
    Current Employee - Technologist in Ashburn, VA

Pros

Supportive environment, good benefits, interesting work- people are honest and hard working, and very good at what they do

Cons

Working with the Government can be challenging and folks tend to be very narrow in their skills - this is somewhat addressed by a few key innovators and the management being more well rounded

Advice to Management

Broaden the product and services to address more commercial sector accounts - partner with companies to maintain enough demand to justify hiring additional resources that can open up new markets and accounts

3. Straight and to the Point

Current Employee - Systems Administrator Level II in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator Level II in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Telos full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Its a laid back environment and PTO is easy to use here.

Cons

High work Load is one of the demanding parts of my job.

5. Awesome

Pros

It is a great place to work

Cons

Need to do more work with the Army

Advice to Management

Look at working with the Army

IT Security Leader, Competitive Salary & Great Benefits

Former Employee - Senior Security Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Security Analyst in Arlington, VA

I worked at Telos full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company small enough to invest in employees career development. Diverse cyber security services & products to remain competitive in government contracting. Leading edge technology & services for the Department of Defense and Department of Homeland of Security.

Cons

Management is top heavy, reduced Federal budget limitations on enough middle management for career advancement. Product re-branding & acquisitions of other companies can be confusing to customers & clients.

Looks good on the outside...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ashburn, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ashburn, VA

I worked at Telos full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

most employees are sincere and fun to work with. Certain employees get preferential treatment and there is a display of favorites played with upper management.

Cons

Not all employees are treated the same or fairly for that matter. Very hard to get a raise no matter how hard you work or what positive influence you have brought to the company.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the people that don't work and praise the ones that go the extra mile. quite saying you are team players when us former employees have seen the "real" you.

8. It is ok for some, not for others

I worked at Telos full-time

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere is a plus, good people overall. Compensation package recently changed (as expected)-newer employees pay more towards their benes than tenured.

Cons

Some management don't really have the qualifications for such. Very cliquey, if you don't hang out with the right group, you sometimes get left out.

Meh, nothing to write home about.

I worked at Telos full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work-life balance. Telos is very flexible in that manner. My starting salary was "bumped-up" because I did NOT elect to receive medical benefits. I am on my wife's medical plan and therefore did not require any from Telos.

Cons

When I started in Engineering, I was not in the same office as the other engineers so I was often left out of discussions and group participation. The work itself was not very fulfilling and the impression I gathered was that there was not a lot of room for mobility. I would have to agree with other reviewers that management is probably a little too comfortable with the status quo. Telos lives off government contracts so no one wants to bite the hand that feeds them (to their future detriment). Since the government is currently broke, Telos is very slim on raises, bonuses and upgrading facilities.

Advice to Management

Turn off the Fox News channel in the lobby. And stop exporting IT jobs to the Philippines.

Strong Company in Info Systems Cyber Security to Department of Defense

Current Employee - Senior Security Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Security Analyst in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Telos full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Sized 1,500 employees. President CEO & other executives are accessible and approachable by junior company team members. Strong positive reputation in Department of Defense, U.S. Government for mobile communications, IT, information systems, networking, cyber security and information assurance. Salaries slightly above the average competitors.

Cons

Board of Directors sometimes at odds with each other when the company is identified by competitors for take0ver acquisition, which affects the direction of the company.

11. Not the best place to work

Current Employee - Asset and Configuration Specialist in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Asset and Configuration Specialist in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Telos full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Certification reimbursement, none fluctuating shifts

Cons

DoD Contracting, unstable due to DoD contracting work

RSS Feed </> Embed