Telos

John B. Wood

IT Security Leader, Competitive Salary & Great Benefits

Former Employee - Senior Security Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Security Analyst in Arlington, VA

I worked at Telos full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Company small enough to invest in employees career development. Diverse cyber security services & products to remain competitive in government contracting. Leading edge technology & services for the Department of Defense and Department of Homeland of Security.

Cons

Management is top heavy, reduced Federal budget limitations on enough middle management for career advancement. Product re-branding & acquisitions of other companies can be confusing to customers & clients.

Looks good on the outside...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ashburn, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ashburn, VA

I worked at Telos full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

most employees are sincere and fun to work with. Certain employees get preferential treatment and there is a display of favorites played with upper management.

Cons

Not all employees are treated the same or fairly for that matter. Very hard to get a raise no matter how hard you work or what positive influence you have brought to the company.

Get rid of the people that don't work and praise the ones that go the extra mile. quite saying you are team players when us former employees have seen the "real" you.

It is ok for some, not for others

I worked at Telos full-time

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere is a plus, good people overall. Compensation package recently changed (as expected)-newer employees pay more towards their benes than tenured.

Cons

Some management don't really have the qualifications for such. Very cliquey, if you don't hang out with the right group, you sometimes get left out.

Meh, nothing to write home about.

I worked at Telos full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great work-life balance. Telos is very flexible in that manner. My starting salary was "bumped-up" because I did NOT elect to receive medical benefits. I am on my wife's medical plan and therefore did not require any from Telos.

Cons

When I started in Engineering, I was not in the same office as the other engineers so I was often left out of discussions and group participation. The work itself was not very fulfilling and the impression I gathered was that there was not a lot of room for mobility. I would have to agree with other reviewers that management is probably a little too comfortable with the status quo. Telos lives off government contracts so no one wants to bite the hand that feeds them (to their future detriment). Since the government is currently broke, Telos is very slim on raises, bonuses and upgrading facilities.

Turn off the Fox News channel in the lobby. And stop exporting IT jobs to the Philippines.

Strong Company in Info Systems Cyber Security to Department of Defense

Current Employee - Senior Security Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Security Analyst in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Telos full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Sized 1,500 employees. President CEO & other executives are accessible and approachable by junior company team members. Strong positive reputation in Department of Defense, U.S. Government for mobile communications, IT, information systems, networking, cyber security and information assurance. Salaries slightly above the average competitors.

Cons

Board of Directors sometimes at odds with each other when the company is identified by competitors for take0ver acquisition, which affects the direction of the company.

Not the best place to work

Current Employee - Asset and Configuration Specialist in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Asset and Configuration Specialist in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Telos full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Certification reimbursement, none fluctuating shifts

Cons

DoD Contracting, unstable due to DoD contracting work

No where to go

Current Employee - Security Engineer in Eatontown, NJ
    Current Employee - Security Engineer in Eatontown, NJ

I have been working at Telos full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

telecommute two days a week

Cons

No room for growth and no raises in over 4 years.

Share the wealth. This company is losing its most talented people because there is no room for growth and there have not been raises in years. Most people will jump ship as soon as another opportunity presents itself and this company will only be left with its management staff who bring in no revenue to this company.

Bad Decision

I worked at Telos full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Telos was not far from my home and at the time of accepting an offer it seemed like a promising place to work.

Cons

The executive team are not open to new ideas to better improve the overall operations of the company. They’re thinking is "we've been doing this the same way for 15 years". This of course, can lead to disaster. VP titles are handed out like candy to employees who have not earthly idea what they're doing. The company promotes a "good old boys" culture. The building is in sad shape - the roof leaks when it rains, the basement floods, the bathroom plumbing needs to be fixed, etc. The building needs to be torn down and re-built.

Retire, please, retire! The entire management staff needs an overhaul.

Great job, great benefits. little room for moving up

Former Employee - Senior Security Analyst in Ashburn, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Security Analyst in Ashburn, VA

I worked at Telos full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits and vacation policy. Decent work from home policy

Cons

Often little management structure to support analyst when needed

Great Corporate Culture

Former Employee - Project Analyst in Ashburn, VA
    Former Employee - Project Analyst in Ashburn, VA

I worked at Telos part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great work-life balance and the Ashburn office is very energetic and fun outside of work. Entry Level salary was great at the time.

Cons

Limited mobility within the division I was in. There is significant scaling back across the industry so only the best salesmen survive.