Telquest

Alfred Adel

Great Opportunity, Great People

Current Employee - Systems Specialist
    Current Employee - Systems Specialist

I have been working at Telquest full-time

Pros

Full disclosure, this company did much to advance my career. I really enjoyed my time here and I left because another opportunity presented itself. Such an opportunity would not have been possible for if it weren't for my employment here at Telquest.
    There are around 50 employees (give or take) so a self started who takes initiative can have a significant impact on the company. The size of the company makes the work environment more personable and there are good people here. Since everyone knows each other you are judged on your merits as a worker. If you do exceptional work you will keep a job here.

Cons

Therefore, so as to not to sugar coat it, this is a mid-sized company so you will not have the robust bureaucracy of CORP, INC. If you are not someone who is committed to doing good work, you can find some excuse to fixate on and complain about. In all honesty, those who have the most to complain about will find themselves out of the job and whining about it on glassdoor.
    An example of what I am talking about, lets say that there is no training manual for a product list. The good employees will Google and read about it in their free time while the bad ones will complain. You come to mid-sized company, you have to take initiative. If you are not someone with this mindset, this company is not for you.

Frame your success in way that is dependent on other's becoming successful and let them do what they do. There is still more you can do to drive get the best out of your employees.

Great company to work for, a review from a happy employee.

Current Employee - Office Manager  in  Wayne, NJ
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Wayne, NJ

I have been working at Telquest full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have been working for TelQuest for 18 years. Not only have I grown within the company throughout the years, I have learned and experienced many great things. I do not consider it a job, it is more of a family to me. Not only has this company grown and progressed throughout the years, I have grown with it.

Cons

The only con I can say about my job, as a manager I often have certain projects or work that can be overwhelming. However, the company works with you and gets involved with each project and wants to understand the workflow of each project. I am able to complete projects at easier pace. We are a company that is trying to expand and grow in many different areas all at once.

Continue to listen to employees input to make great changes to this company.

Great people, a good company that is growing and getting even better...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Wayne, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

I have been working at Telquest full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people here are amazing, talented and smart. Everyone here truly cares about your success and the company's success (no one is a back stabber or idea robber). A true team mentality. The company is small, but rapidly growing. There is an amazing potential and room for growth in a very dynamic, diverse workplace. Direct access to the President. You have the ability to change what you want and do what you need to be successful. They have been in business for a while and know how to reward success. Good work-life balance. Willing to listen to your input and make necessary changes.

Cons

Because the company is growing, we are suffering from growing pains. Management realized this and have been making changes to combat the issues that have arisen. One area we are changing is the misconception that the company doesn't care about it's employees. We definitely care about our co-workers here, without a doubt. Another area that we are working on is shortening the hiring process. They have hired and continue to hire to off-load the burdens that come with growth. They have also become aware of the past mistakes in hiring and communicating expectations. We now communicate very openly and honestly.

Continue making the changes and adjustments you have been putting in place.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A company that can't get out of its own way.

Former Employee - Sales Manager/Trainer  in  Wayne, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales Manager/Trainer in Wayne, NJ

I worked at Telquest full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits, cutting edge technology, and a flourishing, successful business.

Cons

Poor management skills, a sense of ambiguity about what to expect from the company from day one, and literally NO training structure for new employees. Cameras are mounted on each agents monitor to watch the employees while they work... I'm not kidding!! Up front, I was told that the company values its employees and is careful in how they provide coaching. This is TOTALLY untrue. The sales manager talks to people like they're idiots and becomes visibly angry if questioned, even if its a question about how to do the job! I was amazed to see the difference between what was described to me in the interview process and what was actually happening within the company. The management makes you feel like you're getting in trouble if you ask a question, and there's tons of questions to ask because there's no formal training program for new hires!!!! Very draconian way of dealing with people and don't you dare bring it up to them or you're history! Hours are 8-6... prepare to have no life!! Many reps work through lunch, and are expected to make 100 calls per day.. good luck doing that when you're trying to solve a customer's problem for 20 minutes on the phone.

Please maintain consistency with how you present the company in the interview process and with how the company really is. Also, your employees would be more on board with what you wanted them to do if you coached them in a way that communicated your care for them and interest in their professional development, instead of how you're frustrated by their needing to know information necessary to the job.

Lies and deceit

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Telquest full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Office located near major highway hub

Cons

- Ignorant management ( Manager only knows how to say yes to owner; regardless of right or wrong)
    - Unrealistic goals
    - Excessive hours, weekends and late night required projects
    - Sales position is "sold" to every new employee. Over hyped potential.
    - Compensation plan in place is not equal to what was explained at time of hiring. ( They push you to be straight commission)

- Respect your employees. GOOD sales people are a company's biggest asset. Harassing them and belittling them ALL does not create success..

Worked for Telquest? Contribute to the Community!