Telvent

Add Photos

Telvent Chairman and CEO Ignacio González Domínguez

Ignacio González Domínguez

good but boring

Systems Engineer (Current Employee)
Rockville, MD

I have been working at Telvent

Prosa calm work environment, 20 days vacation, Exciting professional challenges with different projects especialy when you work on the technology side.

Conslow pay, annoying bureaucracy , left behind in technology, especially senior management seems do not understands technology.lots of distractions at cubicle workspace for engineering works.

Working to remain relevant.

North Houston, TX

I worked at Telvent

ProsTelvent has a highly competent and energetic technical staff. They are well positioned for the smart grid market, with a stable and expandable product offering, and a good reputation in the industry. Recent acquisitions give them fresh blood that has broadened their approach and slowed down some of the bureaucracy.

ConsTelvent continues to fight through the parent’s bureaucracy that focuses large amounts of effort internally instead of on the competition or customer. Forced business practices lead to increased costs of business in an already tight market. The absence of internal following of North America GAAP requires an inordinately large finance department. The above internal focus takes away from product/customer focus which has allowed the remainder of the industry to catch up, and in some cases pass, what was the leading edge product.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop focusing on short term stock gains and work to build realistic long term growth. Utilize substantial and targeted investment in key areas to solve customer’s problems. Work to stamp out the ‘only if it was invented here’ philosophy that continues to plague the product development engine and slows deplyoment.

Great place to work.

Project Manager (Current Employee)
Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Telvent

ProsDynamic environment with high prospect for company growth as the Smart Grid initiatives take off.

ConsA lot of change going on as we become more assimilated into Telvent.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove internal software tools to support service delivery, reporting, etc.

Great place to work where management really does care...

Project Manager (Current Employee)
Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Telvent

ProsThe company is solid financially and in this tough economy, that's important. The technology that is being developed and implemented for customers all over the world is very leading edge and interesting. Project implementations are fast paced and challenging. You have the opportunity to work on multiple projects at the same time and the work is NEVER dull. The management team is very good.

ConsThis one is tough because you have to dig kind of deep to find them. The company does need to invest in some better administrative systems for managing time, etc., but that is really nit picking just to have something to fill in here. It really is a great company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep growing the company putting us in the position to continue as a leader in our market.

Too much politics, bad pay, long hours.

I worked at Telvent

ProsSmall company where you get exposed to variety of different roles and tasks.

ConsPay is horrible. You can work long hours and all you get is a "thanks". High turnover ratio, all the good employee leaves and they don't try to keep them. Have to play the politics game to move up.

Advice to Senior ManagementLots of work to make things better if possible.

Result-proven professional with more than a decade outstanding track record in handling wide range of P&L activities.

Procurement & Logistics Manager (Current Employee)
Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)

I have been working at Telvent full-time for more than 3 years

ProsPossesses admirable ability to effectively set priorities, multitask, deal with unexpected change and work in challenging and pressure-driven business environment. Keenly interested to explore a more challenging work profile to utilize gained experience and developed expertise.

ConsMade significant contributions towards organization’s continued growth by setting new procedures to heighten operational efficiency, employing measures that deliver savings and providing solutions in shaping challenges into concrete achievements.

Design and promotion of New products

Strategy and New Markets Director (Current Employee)
Madrid (Spain)

I have been working at Telvent full-time for more than 3 years

ProsInternational company, worldwide projects, cutting edge tecnology in energy industry

ConsNarrow mindness, internas methodology, low salaries

Advice to Senior ManagementEmplomes satisfacción has to be in the centre of managers focus

Focus on bottom line

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at Telvent full-time for more than 8 years

ProsFast acceleration from new role to lead role
Steep learning curve if given time to learn enables employees in future careers
Great company for helping you develop fast acting and decision making technical skills
Amazing customer relations and cooperation

ConsLittle focus on people so retention and succession are lacking
No consults with groups or departments before change
Inter-department cooperation needs development
Weighty process and policy is time consuming and not efficient
No strong direction from upper management on acceptable or unacceptable behaviour

Advice to Senior ManagementTrying to fix issues by shifting management or shuffling departments is not the solution. Proper analysis of issues, a plan for fixing them and a front line consult process to address technical and customer satisfaction issues would be far more effective. Top-down no longer works.

Mixed bag for junior employees in customer service group

Programmer Analyst (Current Employee)
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Telvent full-time for more than a year

Pros- Lots of opportunities to learn (if you're lucky enough)
- Great chance to network with clients and industry
- Generally relaxed work environment

Cons- Little effort devoted to onboarding
- Among other juniors I've worked with there doesn't seem to be consistent amounts of opportunity to learn and grow irrespective of drive and ability, really it comes down to how busy your group is.
- Having all hour being directly billable to customer is stressful for those still finding their feet.
- Seems too niche. Everyone that I know \ heard of who has left goes on to work somewhere else in Oil & Gas IT sector. Probably the nature of Calgary.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood job on centralizing new hire intake to one group. Hopefully that makes for a more consistent experience.

Long working hours, unhealthy atmosphere

Sevilla (Spain)

I worked at Telvent full-time for more than 3 years

ProsIt is a good place to gain experience as a first job and to learn what a job should never be

ConsLong hours, bad paid, encourage unhealthy competition between colleagues, do not respect employees, do not care to give employees any training and make really difficult for you to train by your self (do not let you to attend to exams, do not make easy for you to go to classes, even though there are out of your working hours)

Advice to Senior ManagementWorry a little bit more about workers, they are people

Worked for Telvent? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Telvent reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Telvent CEO Ignacio González Domínguez. All 41 reviews posted anonymously by Telvent employees.