Temporary Accommodations

7 reviews filtered by
1.7
Aaron Wilson

1. Lack of leadership in Operations

I worked at Temporary Accommodations full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You can wear shorts and jeans to work. Some employees are nice and there are a couple managers there that actually professional and know what they are doing but I did not get to work for them. The holidays are a lot of fun. We would get all sorts of treats from vendors. Be prepared to gain a couple pounds.

Cons

It used to be a fun place to work until they made some leadership changes in operations. The new operations management team has no idea what they are doing. They thing they know it all when they do not understand the work flow of their own employees. They try to act like they can do everything but they cannot book hotels or close claims on their own. One manager didn't even know the company mission statement when told to memorize it for a company meeting. They try to get involved with stuff that they know nothing about. No one in the office respects them. I am glad I got out when I did and I feel there will more quality employees that have been there for quite some time will leave as well because who would want to work for that team when there is no team environment. The job market is a lot better and they can find other jobs.

Be careful with the changes that have been made before they make everyone quit and then they will be right behind them.

2. Waste of time

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Temporary Accommodations

Pros

Really can't think of any?

Cons

They would rather have turnover than properly train and invest in their employees. Their conduct creates a unprofessional atmosphere in a work environment.

3. Horrible

I worked at Temporary Accommodations

Pros

None what so ever. I thought I was walking into a great opportunity instead I was walking into a slave pen.

Cons

This company prides itself on filling the pockets of the owners and nothing else. If this company cares for anything at all its the owner/ceo and VP's lifestyle and nothing else.

Sell the company or learn how to manage

Keep looking

I worked at Temporary Accommodations full-time

Pros

Ohhh I wish there were pros

Cons

It pays to be a "family friend". Otherwise, don't expect much.

Sell company to someone to someone else

6. Fun atmosphere, amazing people, sometimes stressful, but overall a great place to work.

Former Employee - Account Services in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Temporary Accommodations full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people are amazing! Your co-workers really make a stressful job less stressful. Tons of company activities, from almost monthly potlucks to Halloween and Christmas parties (AMAZING Christmas party every year that entails a nice dinner and a show) really make for a fun environment. VERY relaxed culture, you can wear shorts and flip flops to work in the summer. Everyone now seems to get along well with each other, though this has not always been the case. Vendors are always bringing food/dessert/etc., so be prepared to gain a few pounds.

Base salary is entry level, but there is potential to make good money depending on which department you work in and if you're good at what you do. Management will generally leave you alone to do your work, depending on your work style and which territory you belong to. Used to be top-heavy with too many managers to micro-manage you, but they have really made efforts to change that. As long as your clients are happy, you should be good.

Cons

The clients are not the best to work with, but this can be expected of the service industry. Lots of push back from different departments can be a source for frustration. The good news is, when you leave for the day, you don't have to take the work home with you as long as you are organized and utilize your time wisely throughout the work day.

You only get core Holidays off, not the day before, not the day after. You can use your vacation time to request additional days off, but preference goes to senior members in your team. This is a 24/7 service company, and due to the nature of the business, they can not be TOO flexible with your schedule. However, they will respect and honor your appointments and family emergencies.

Put a little more structure into the business to minimize departmental conflict, streamline processes so there are less back and forth between members. This is already a stressful business, so allow more flexibility in order to decrease burn out.

You are headed in the right direction with the recent management/culture changes in the past year. Senior members are generally happy as they tend to have more autonomy. From what I have observed, more autonomy = more satisfaction in this business.

Allow senior team members to interview new hires that are intended for their team. This gives them the chance to give their feedback, to find the right candidate with the right chemistry required to be successful in their territory/team. This would also reduce turnover.

Less than optimal management.

I worked at Temporary Accommodations

Pros

The office atmosphere is fast paced and fun. Co-workers are amazing and have each other's backs. Provides a satisfying work experience knowing that you are helping people in a time of need.

Cons

This company is an operations nightmare. Management has no formal training, and takes no responsibility for poor choices that have been made. Also there is a lack of distinction between outstanding employees and those that do the bare minimum. Employees are treated as if they are easily replaceable. Management does not take into consideration the time and money it takes to train a new employee. Average turnover is less than one year. Could be considered a 'temporary accommodation' for its employees, before they discover the wrongdoings and move on to greener pastures.

Learn to value your employees, and make more of an effort to keep the good ones!

Zero work-life balance

I worked at Temporary Accommodations

Pros

A fun and busy atmosphere. Food parties and holiday fun!

Cons

I had to take a sick day when my pre-schooler was sick. Hours were 9-6 and NO FLEXIBILITY. That left little time to be a decent Mom. The work was hard and the recognition from the owners was nil. Most of the clients were not the smartest peeps. Burn out happens way too often.

Recognize and reward your peons! They helped you get your homes and cars and nice clothes!