Tempur Sealy International

Tempur Sealy International President, CEO, and Director Mark A. Sarvary
Mark A. Sarvary

Lovely Environment

I have been working at Tempur Sealy International as a contractor

Pros

Everyone here is so helpful and nice. Whenever I needed help with a project and my supervisor was busy with other tasks, anybody that was available at the time was always more than happy to help in any situation

Cons

There really wasn't any bad thing about this job except for the fact that I wish I was working here full-time and not on a contract.

Enjoy going to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at Tempur Sealy International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very exciting time to join the company. The culture is passionate, consumer-centric and friendly. It is obvious that the company values their employees. I love the onsite Starbucks and fully equipped gym. It is a fun and engaging environment, filled with hard-working, dedicated co-workers.

Cons

Integration has been slower than expected due to the lack of processes and cross-functional communication.

not what it used to be

Current Employee - Don't Want to Say in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Current Employee - Don't Want to Say in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at Tempur Sealy International full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company has really changed since the buying of Sealy and not for the better. maybe more size is more stability. there are smart people here, but it just does not seem to be working like it used to. everything is a hassle, but the pros are that we are a big company now and that probably means we will be safer longer term.

Cons

It is sad really to see this once great energetic company go downhill. I don't say that from a finance performance standpoint. I am not close enough to that. we used to have some great, fun, hard working people here who gave you energy just by engaging with them. They smiled, they worked hard, and we had fun. Now we have all these outsiders here from other companies and it is not working, bad attitudes, the good people have been run off, everyone complains, arrogance for no reason, the politics and back stabbing are normal everyday stuff. HR doesn't hold people accountable. operations is ok but we have some slackers there who always say it isn;t their job. the marketing leader is plain nasty and mean . field sales seems ok, but direct sales is not a good place to be. It is a shame and no longer any fun here. As soon as I find another job I will be too.

My advice is to look in the mirror and at your top management and tell them the arrogance and double standards are not acceptable behavior. if the vps and directors are arrogant and inconsistent then you have a problem. you replaced good people with average people so you need to get some people in here who are talented and have good personalities. this place is starting to rot and we need some happy, engaging people roaming the halls making people smile.

Great products. Hidden talent that can't get past management roadblocks.

Current Employee - Analyst in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Current Employee - Analyst in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at Tempur Sealy International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are a lot of really good well meaning people who work for Tempur. The products are something to be proud of when talking to people outside the company about where you work. Great facilities to work in with the cafe and workout facility.

Cons

Lack of appreciation for facts in my department. There is a narrative that has been going for about two years regarding our performance that is not tied to reality. Any deviation from that is a no-no.

There are a lot of behind that back power plays that happen in this company that really contribute to a watch your back mentality and lack of trustworthiness in middle management.

Temper Sealy was a good company to have worked for

I worked at Tempur Sealy International

Pros

They had opportunity to grow as well as benefits

Cons

Didn't want to listen to anything to do with change from floor level

Great People. Rough Exec. Culture

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington, KY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington, KY

I worked at Tempur Sealy International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great working environment. The building is state of the art, with a Starbucks and cafe onsite. The workout facility and common areas are nice, open, and well maintained. Beautiful building, and very nice people to work with.

Cons

Senior executives have a tendency to rule by fear. Intimidation, and some ruthless politics are employed to grab power and position in the newly merged company. If you are working at the executive level, wear Kevlar. Very unfortunate sub-culture in an otherwise great organization.

The top HR officer should do exit interviews with employees who are released under bizarre circumstances and who have otherwise been stellar employees.

Great company, great benefits, great people

I worked at Tempur Sealy International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very collaborative, great benefits, amazing beds!

Cons

Not a great deal of upward mobility at a certain level

"A Future Filled with Promises" should be restated to "A Future Filled with Unfilled Promises."

Current Employee - Corporate Management
    Current Employee - Corporate Management

I have been working at Tempur Sealy International full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Strong performers still exist within all levels of the workforce. The opportunity to become a very strong and promising company is evident, however the current decisions being made are entirely short term focused.

Cons

The company is building it's future like a sprint instead of a marathon for lasting success. Lack of true combined company teamwork is resulting in building the new company on a foundation of sand. Workload has doubled and sometimes tripled while headcount has steadily reduced. Outsource (Tempur) versus insource (Sealy) philosophies are clashing and continuously feed the internal "us vs them" work environment. Evidence of this can be found in the reviews listed on this site. The positives are primarily coming out of Tempur HQ located in Lexington from Tempur management members, while the negatives are primarily coming from Sealy locations around the country from multiple levels. Lots of talking, but little successful doing. The unfortunate truth is that this company has transformed into one that focuses only on the bottom line with less and less regard for the customer base and employee workforce. Lots of Directors and VP level managements personnel currently exploring opportunities with other companies.

Actually involve subject matter experts and process owners when determining future combined company processes. Spending a lot of time implementing new combined processes by appointed project leaders who are "available" but lack the knowledge or qualifications that would be beneficial for long term success. The result is having to circle back to constantly correct the process on second and third attempts once the process owners point out issues. This is wasting time and money while creating internal conflict. Review the employee survey results and compare the opinions.

"Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success." --Henry Ford

Director's and manager's are killing this newly combined company.

Current Employee - Senior, Accounting/Finance in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Current Employee - Senior, Accounting/Finance in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at Tempur Sealy International full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Fair pay with good 401k and bonus program. Stress and negativity will out way the paycheck soon, as it has for many high quality staff that have left Tempur-Sealy for other company's in the past year.

Cons

Micro managing kills productivity. Hostile attitudes are rewarded. No ethics with staff. Work load has tripled, while benefits are being cut.

Need a culture overhaul, terminate director's and manager's that don't promote cooperation and teamwork. Consider a pier and staff review format.

Excellent company -- Great place to work

Current Employee - IT Professional in Lexington, KY
    Current Employee - IT Professional in Lexington, KY

I have been working at Tempur Sealy International full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good environment, cutting-edge technology, sound management, freedom to work.

Cons

I can't make up something that ain't.

Keep doing what you are doing.

Tempur Sealy International Photos