Tenable Protective Services

Updated August 3, 2014
Updated August 3, 2014

2.1

Peter Miragliotta

Its a good company with flexible hours and Decent work assignments so the work varies and doesnt get boring

Current Employee - Security Officer  in  Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Akron, OH

I have been working at Tenable Protective Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

most of assignment are contracts and pay raises are none i work three years at same post with perfect attendance but a new person makes the same as me also person with a call off record makes the same ..no advancement

Cons

There are no pay raises and few benefits work three years perfect attendance and no raises

If you want good people you should reward good people to keep them

The company are like a family. They take care of you like their own.

Former Employee - Field Supervisor/Security Officer  in  Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Field Supervisor/Security Officer in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Tenable Protective Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Best training than any other security company I've been in the bast 16 years.

Cons

They don't have the benefits to pay an officer more than 13 dollars an hour. They refuse my offer to upgrade report forms to more advance technology.

Management need to take management to the next step. Train those who are with the company for many years. Technology today Tenable will not catch up tomorrow. Technology requires training daily. Upper management can't afford this technology. They could stay old school such as paper.

I felt deserted, & was given wrong information from supervisor & he was very dishonest about my employment while working

Former Employee - Security Officer  in  Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Tenable Protective Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you want to have experience in security under your belt. This would probably be a good starter position.

Cons

None that I'm aware of. I didn't have the pleasure of working their long enough

Treat your employees with respect, be honest with them and make them feel valuable.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Mobile Officer

I worked at Tenable Protective Services

Pros

It's an stable job, set schedule, it's easy, good bunch of employees to work with.

Cons

There is no place to advance in this company. They will tell you otherwise. If you start at a school or site it's rare to be moved to mobile. DONT be an OIC, they pay you a quarter more, you have to go to meetings, get phone calls about stuff that you had nothing to do with, extra paperwork, responsible for others screw ups, etc. It's a job nobody wants. This company cut pay before I started,pay cut or loose your job, they took away real Heath insurance and took away vacation time. My job duties increased a lot, all billable yet no raises EVER. When I started they really seemed to care about employees, not so much anymore.

Think about your employees, they are making you money and we mean nothing to you.

Unprofessional and unrealistic

Former Employee - Security Officer  in  Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Tenable Protective Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Exposure to possible law enforcement contacts for those looking for a career in law enforcement, and mostly agreeable coworkers at the peer level. Lots of low level cardio involved with exterior postings for 6-8 hours at a time.

Cons

Lack of professionalism is a major problem, upper management seems to not under stand the finer points of security nor does it seem there is an understanding of what their impact is on the local area around a contract site. Little to no room for upward mobility despite astonishing turnover rate of employees. Little to no appreciation for past experience. Hostility shown towards individual needs. General lack of enthusiasm to provide the best possible security services or a secure environment. Highly unorganized without dependable scheduling, and will go back on guarantees of 40 hour plus work weeks. Wages are low and with no benefits, even for highly experienced employees. Management has a distinct lack of tact and seems to willfully insult employees, whether about intelligence or personal appearance.

Find a uniform structure and code of conduct for all sites, eliminate office politics, and provide a much better working environment. Realistic expectations of low wage employees would also be helpful as well as discovering the true value in the entry level individuals. Appreciate and utilize individuals with expansive background in the career field. Selective hiring would also cut down on employee turnover rate.

A good place for a young person starting out in the workforce.

Former Employee - Security Officer  in  Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Troy, MI

I worked at Tenable Protective Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

The job is pretty easy, and there is a lot of good people working there. I enjoyed the customers I worked with, and the associations developed with the local police agencies.

Cons

This company needs a proactive form of diversity training. Also this company is one sided where they will listen to one person who has a dislike for another individual in the company and soley take their word without any formal investigation or consideration.

I really enjoyed working for this company, but certain rules and regulations when it comes to discipline needs to be addressed. I gave my all and all when I was called for emergency fill-ins. I guess my best wasn't good enough when it deals with racism.

Lied to about advancement opportunities.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Tenable Protective Services

Pros

Working events, such as concerts, and events at the IX Center. Also, the majority of the people working the events for Tenable are outstanding people.

Cons

Lied to about growth opportunities and was promptly let go without any notice or compensation package. Was told that some before me had the same thing happen, and I am sure it will happen to others.

Be up front about opportunities to continue with the company, so as to not waste someone's time and efforts, only to let them go when you are done with them.

Great potential, company needs better leadership

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Tenable Protective Services

Pros

Company has huge potential, Very exciting contracts and venues.

Cons

Bizarre managment structure. Family , friends as opposed to professional.

Bring in some new, competant, professional blood.

Not happy with the company

I have been working at Tenable Protective Services

Pros

A majority of the workers are pleasant to be around. Pay is okay, but not for all the extra work that is asked to be done. Outdoor work can be good, depending on the season.

Cons

Upper management has no idea how to run the day-by-day operation. Company does not care about their employees. If you get hurt or sick, you are mad to feel that your at fault. Management can't never give a straight answer. Text messaging is considered solid means on communication, weather you received the message or not. Company vehicles are unsafe to be driven on the road.

A serious change needs to be made to the management and how it is ran. Corporate should ask the everyday worker what needs to be done and how to satisfy their needs, because without the workers the company will fail.

Positive communication with the different departments.

Current Employee - Usher
    Current Employee - Usher

I have been working at Tenable Protective Services

Pros

Exciting enviroment, my co-workers, meeting people. The way we rely on each other. Mostly outdoors. The game and players along with the fans. Seeing families come together to enjoy a family tradition. Some have been doing this for as long as the "CLEVELAND BROWNS" have been around.

Cons

The weather can be a deciding factor in how comfortable you are. The fights. When we need to intervine in a despute that should not being even have started. People getting upset when we ask to see their tickets and then inform them that they need to return to that seat.

Doing a GREAT JOB.

Worked for Tenable Protective Services? Contribute to the Community!