Tenable Protective Services

Updated May 27, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Peter Miragliotta

Its a good company with flexible hours and Decent work assignments so the work varies and doesnt get boring

Security Officer (Current Employee) Akron, OH

Prosmost of assignment are contracts and pay raises are none i work three years at same post with perfect attendance but a new person makes the same as me also person with a call off record makes the same ..no advancement

ConsThere are no pay raises and few benefits work three years perfect attendance and no raises

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want good people you should reward good people to keep them

I felt deserted, & was given wrong information from supervisor & he was very dishonest about my employment while working

Security Officer (Former Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsIf you want to have experience in security under your belt. This would probably be a good starter position.

ConsNone that I'm aware of. I didn't have the pleasure of working their long enough

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees with respect, be honest with them and make them feel valuable.

Mobile Officer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt's an stable job, set schedule, it's easy, good bunch of employees to work with.

ConsThere is no place to advance in this company. They will tell you otherwise. If you start at a school or site it's rare to be moved to mobile. DONT be an OIC, they pay you a quarter more, you have to go to meetings, get phone calls about stuff that you had nothing to do with, extra paperwork, responsible for others screw ups, etc. It's a job nobody wants. This company cut pay before I started,pay cut or loose your job, they took away real Heath insurance and took away vacation time. My job duties increased a lot, all billable yet no raises EVER. When I started they really seemed to care about employees, not so much anymore.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink about your employees, they are making you money and we mean nothing to you.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Unprofessional and unrealistic

Security Officer (Former Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsExposure to possible law enforcement contacts for those looking for a career in law enforcement, and mostly agreeable coworkers at the peer level. Lots of low level cardio involved with exterior postings for 6-8 hours at a time.

ConsLack of professionalism is a major problem, upper management seems to not under stand the finer points of security nor does it seem there is an understanding of what their impact is on the local area around a contract site. Little to no room for upward mobility despite astonishing turnover rate of employees. Little to no appreciation for past experience. Hostility shown towards individual needs. General lack of enthusiasm to provide the best possible security services or a secure environment. Highly unorganized without dependable scheduling, and will go back on guarantees of 40 hour plus work weeks. Wages are low and with no benefits, even for highly experienced employees. Management has a distinct lack of tact and seems to willfully insult employees, whether about intelligence or personal appearance.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a uniform structure and code of conduct for all sites, eliminate office politics, and provide a much better working environment. Realistic expectations of low wage employees would also be helpful as well as discovering the true value in the entry level individuals. Appreciate and utilize individuals with expansive background in the career field. Selective hiring would also cut down on employee turnover rate.

A good place for a young person starting out in the workforce.

Security Officer (Former Employee) Troy, MI

ProsThe job is pretty easy, and there is a lot of good people working there. I enjoyed the customers I worked with, and the associations developed with the local police agencies.

ConsThis company needs a proactive form of diversity training. Also this company is one sided where they will listen to one person who has a dislike for another individual in the company and soley take their word without any formal investigation or consideration.

Advice to Senior ManagementI really enjoyed working for this company, but certain rules and regulations when it comes to discipline needs to be addressed. I gave my all and all when I was called for emergency fill-ins. I guess my best wasn't good enough when it deals with racism.

Lied to about advancement opportunities.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsWorking events, such as concerts, and events at the IX Center. Also, the majority of the people working the events for Tenable are outstanding people.

ConsLied to about growth opportunities and was promptly let go without any notice or compensation package. Was told that some before me had the same thing happen, and I am sure it will happen to others.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe up front about opportunities to continue with the company, so as to not waste someone's time and efforts, only to let them go when you are done with them.

Great potential, company needs better leadership

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsCompany has huge potential, Very exciting contracts and venues.

ConsBizarre managment structure. Family , friends as opposed to professional.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring in some new, competant, professional blood.

Not happy with the company

ProsA majority of the workers are pleasant to be around. Pay is okay, but not for all the extra work that is asked to be done. Outdoor work can be good, depending on the season.

ConsUpper management has no idea how to run the day-by-day operation. Company does not care about their employees. If you get hurt or sick, you are mad to feel that your at fault. Management can't never give a straight answer. Text messaging is considered solid means on communication, weather you received the message or not. Company vehicles are unsafe to be driven on the road.

Advice to Senior ManagementA serious change needs to be made to the management and how it is ran. Corporate should ask the everyday worker what needs to be done and how to satisfy their needs, because without the workers the company will fail.

Positive communication with the different departments.

Usher (Current Employee)

ProsExciting enviroment, my co-workers, meeting people. The way we rely on each other. Mostly outdoors. The game and players along with the fans. Seeing families come together to enjoy a family tradition. Some have been doing this for as long as the "CLEVELAND BROWNS" have been around.

ConsThe weather can be a deciding factor in how comfortable you are. The fights. When we need to intervine in a despute that should not being even have started. People getting upset when we ask to see their tickets and then inform them that they need to return to that seat.

Advice to Senior ManagementDoing a GREAT JOB.

Worked for Tenable Protective Services? Contribute to the Community!