Tenacity Solutions Reviews

Updated July 28, 2014
Updated July 28, 2014

2.3

Leo Fox III

I found Tenacity Solutions to be a pretty good company trying to do right by its employee's and customers.

Former Employee - Principal Systems Engineer  in  Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Principal Systems Engineer in Reston, VA

I worked at Tenacity Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Tenacity has some really smart people, they have decent opportunities, and mobility within the company is better than I've seen in other like sized companies. They really promote the "culture" and the fact that one has to be an active participant in order to have the best experience possible. There attempt to promote the culture was evident in programs like the "Voice of Tenacity" which was comprised of a group of non-management employees that discussed and vetted everything from internal policies, corporate swag, and benefit enhancements. Their findings were presented to the management team for adoption. I thought this was pretty nice.

Cons

Like a lot of smaller companies in the Defense and Intelligence Communities, broad based IT solutions and opportunities outside of Tenacity's supposed niche area of Security Engineering were less evident.

Keep hiring good people. Keep the benefits offering better than the competition. Broaden technology offerings to include things like embedded programming and software development.

Formerly Great, going downhill

I have been working at Tenacity Solutions full-time

Pros

Good benefits. Company attempts to protect benefits. Good pay for most jobs. Good training and IT expense benefit.

Cons

Company used to be small and oriented towards workers. As the company grew, the reality was that the family idea was just a veneer. Policies and procedures became more oriented toward office management than toward worker convenience. There seems to be an inner circle that get preferential treatment and if you are outside the circle, the company does not support you as well. Senior managers seem to be setting up the company for sale by trimming expenses and staff and concentrating on finances. No specific sick leave. Leave days calculated as 10% of hours worked. No benefit to longevity with company.

Re-energize your staff and "walk the talk" not just go through the motions. Show the employees that they are the most important asset. Communication and transparency should be foremost in importance in such a small company.

Not a good company!

I worked at Tenacity Solutions

Pros

Benefits were good. I felt that I was paid fairly and that there was a wide selection of benefits. Company events were also good. The company provided paid parties and events for all and showed appreciation for workers.

Cons

Not everyone was treated fairly. The managers of the company did more for some employees, depending on who they were or how much they liked them. Growth opportunity was not there. I did not trust managers.

Develop employees more. Keep practices fair and be honest.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Suggest staying away

I worked at Tenacity Solutions full-time

Pros

They do offer nice employee health benefits - it is one of the better ones I have seen for a small size company. Unfortunately this is really the only good thing that they have to offer.

Cons

Company is very "clicky". If you are not with the "in crowd" there is no job security. Overall, the company is not a fair and not an honest employer. They have questionable actions and ethics.

Worked for Tenacity Solutions? Contribute to the Community!