Tenet Healthcare

Be The First To
Add Photos

Tenet Healthcare President, CEO, and Director Trevor Fetter

Trevor Fetter

Pros:
  • "Work life balance is not too bad"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Great co-workers at the facility level"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "It's all about money game for upper management"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Patient care is often compromised due to lack of resources and run down facilities"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Hospital is great but department management was horrible

Clinician (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

Pros1. work schedule is flexible if you have seniority
    2. co-workers are great to work with.

Cons1. department management is unprofessional
    2. lack management capabilities
    3. department management is very demoralizing

Good company, but internal audit department has a lot of problems. Avoid it like the plague.

Senior Auditor (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsSalary not bad, lots of travel to semi-interesting places

ConsManagement constantly playing favorites and throwing disliked employees under the bus, atmosphere of intrigue and suspicion, finger-pointing and ineptitude

Advice to Senior Managementquit.

How good caring community hospitals are ruined by greed, and what is your price to sell your profession RN's?

Staff RN (Current Employee)
    Hickory, NC

ProsIn my area you learn about the state laws on the right to work laws. I have learned to do much with little.

Conslack of respect for patients needs and concern for staff. They are for profit, and this is evident in the way they treat their staff,I do not know about every Tenet facility, but we have seen them take a wonderful community hospital, and ruin it for their own profit and greed. They do not practice what they are forced to preach such as ETHICS. come to Frye Regional in Hickory nc and just sit back and wzatch how ethical they are. They lack MORALES, Staff concern, and most of all they reaaly do not value patients, only the $$$ that they represent, as evident of massive benefit and staff cuts, such as OR cleaners, Nurse's with terrible patient ratios. The staff is finally defeated with a get what you pay for attitude, which was developed over many years.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease wake up and see that you are going about this all wrong, you are like the Emperors new clothes, you look good on the out side, but YOU ARE NEKKID!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not the best, not the worst.

Revenue Cycle (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

No room for advancement
    Benefits are sub par
    Bad leadership
    Little concern for employees

Advice to Senior ManagementHire and promote more people of color.

It's all about the money, not the people

Practice Administrator (Current Employee)
    Sanford, NC

ProsThey have a generous benefits package

ConsUpper management does not include practice level management in decision making or respect their expertise. They do not listen to what employees have to say, and if you do voice your opinion expect your job title to be changed and your position eliminated. In the Sanford,NC market owning Physician practices is new and the people in place trying to run the practices do not have a clue what they have gotten themselves into or how to run a practice.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the people in the practices - they have some good advice and experience. Let the managers actually manage and not be puppets to the upper management.

It could be better

Prosthe strength of a large company when purchasing new equipment.

ConsGetting funding for new equipment.
    Restricted on what products you can purchase.
    Extremely Long delays by corporate IT on getting resolutions to issues on enhancements to existing configuration.
    Unskilled IT support at local sites create more problems and less resolutions.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring your IT support in-house and hire more experience IT personal.

You've got to be tuff to work for Tenet

West Palm Beach, FL

ProsThe salary is very good and the free .edu's for continuing education, the benefits package also. Standard 401K,( could be better) Wellness program and other discounts that come along with the company are good.

ConsThe majority of the nurses I work with wish they could work someplace else. Now what does
    that tell you ? I wish I could say it was better, I truely do, but working conditions seem to be going from bad to worse. It's skeleton staffing all the way, working 12 hour shifts with no lunch and staying over to chart . From the begining of their acquisition of the hospital the management has instituted and adversarial , domineering mode of operation. Stringent in requirements and control and unforgivingly severe in discipline

Advice to Senior ManagementTry treating your employees like human beings. Be fair and honest. Make them feel valued and not like you are trying to find ways to fire them. Increase you nurse to patient ratios to meet other hospitals in the area. Remember that kindness trickles down

Nurse

Registered Nurse (Former Employee)
    Hickory, NC

ProsThere's no pros. Bad company to work for. Cut throat.

ConsHospitals are nasty, old plumbing so bad that you can smell the sewer in patients rooms!
    It's all about money game for upper management. Puts on good act but even the community knows that Tenet ESP. Frye regional medical Center. Hospital is so cheap that they use prego floors that looks like they bought it at Big Lots. Under staffed and under paid. Staff keeps getting cut and management keeps getting bonus from cutting corners.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou're Fired!!!!

Registered Nurse

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)

ProsGreat co-workers, they are supportive.

ConsNow this may be territorial but at our facility...non-competitive pay (we are 20% below national average), always short staffed, staffing matrix doesn't budge despite growing demands of census, uninvolved manager to really fix staffing issues. They totally rely on everyone to pull OT to cover shortages...all the time....gets old. Not enough support staff to delegate tasks to so nurses are doing everything! Equipment is out dated, broken, or can't be found. I have been a nurse for 14 years, worst hospital system I have worked for.

would leave if I weren't retiring soon

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)

Prospretty good hourly pay, opportunity to move around, change positions, try to find a better manager before that one goes away.

ConsDisciplinary and dictator like attitude among managers seems to be preferred. Actual problem solving and critical analysis of problems are secondary to employees doing what they are told. Expect to be responsible for unrealistic demands, be ready to defend yourself, and explain that you have no control over something that should be obvious. Finger pointing is abundant.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect (listen to) your front line staff nurses. Think. Stop blaming the staff nurse for neg outcomes within the environment you have created and chosen.

Worked for Tenet Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!

Tenet Healthcare Videos

Tenet Healthcare – Why Work for Us?

Tenet is transforming healthcare coast-to-coast. We're growing in size and scope and with that comes new opportunities to bring exceptional care and trusted support to the patients we serve. • 78 hospitals in 43 states… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tenet Healthcare reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Tenet Healthcare CEO Trevor Fetter. All 79 reviews posted anonymously by Tenet Healthcare employees.