Tenet Healthcare

Be The First To
Add Photos

Tenet Healthcare President, CEO, and Director Trevor Fetter

Trevor Fetter

Pros
  • My work-life balance has changed somewhat since the Vanguard Health Systems acquisition in the fall of 2013(in 6 reviews)

• Great co-workers at the facility level(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • It's all about money game for upper management(in 4 reviews)

• Patient care is often compromised due to lack of resources and run down facilities(in 3 reviews)

nurse

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)

Prostenet has some good benefits

ConsHard to get thingsdone timely

well compensated, worked for good people

Director (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsPeople make the experience and I happened to work for two really great men at Tenet. There was a recognition of a need for family life balance and compensation was very high.

ConsNot everyone in the organization has the same level of integrity that my bosses did.

Advice to Senior Managementno

Atmosphere and growth have been noticed and appreciated.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Rockwall, TX

ProsSupport from sr. mgmt. staff has been helpful and challenging at the same time. I appreciate all their efforts.
    Great team players from the ground up.

ConsUnknown future if we are in the process of changing owners, with possible changes there will be probable cut backs. Staff always keep this thought in the back of their minds especially with the change in economy and the way medicine is practiced.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Understanding expectations

ProsPersonal and professional growth benefits.

ConsSalaried employee working long hours to get the job done.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter understanding of employee job requirements.

Okay for some employees --- too much cost cutting

IT Management (Current Employee) South Florida, FL

ProsOn a personal note it gave me opportunities
    Learned how to function with extremely limited financial resources
    Learned to create a team spirit with employees that were asked to cut their hours at least once a year
    Leanred how to deal with change on a daily and hourly basis

ConsLack of financial resources.
    Management from early 2000's mis managed compancy
    Cutting corners in healthcare delivery and investment in employees
    Hire better quality C suite individuals
    Very frugal when it came to employee satisfaction
    Allowances are made for top management to reward their "pet" employees

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in healthcare and most of all invest in your employees
    Invest in the facilities ---- do not wait until something is broken before you replace it
    Your people are your best resources ---- do not just talk about it---- invest in your people by offering training and appropriate compensation in realtionship to the market where they reside

Tenet

Billing Manager (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsOne of the best benefits of working for Tenet is getting your hospital charges waived. This can save you a lot of money and this work for everybody that has your benefits (spouse, dependents).

ConsTenet is always changing. People are always moving around. Some positions can't hold people longer than a few months. There are a lot of people that have gotten too comfortable and don't care about their work. They play the politics and sit in their fat cat jobs. Communication is always slow at Tenet and with the way the company changes constantly, it's no wonder that the stock is low.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior Management needs to trim the fat and then stop reorganizing every 6-12 months.

Demanding, but believe that my hard work is making a difference

ProsPaid Time Off has never been an issue for me. I have 25 days a year and can generally use them when I want. In addition I get 11 or more paid holidays off and perhaps one of the best perks is that the corporate office is closed during the week between Christmas and New Year's. My work-life balance has changed somewhat since the Vanguard Health Systems acquisition in the fall of 2013.

ConsI still have a lot of flexibility in terms of work hours and telecommuting. Sometimes it feels like I work in more of a matrix organizational structure, which means getting pulled in several competing directions. This provides exposure to different areas of the business (=PRO), but can mean that managing projects and expectations can be difficult (=CON). There also tends to be a lack of communication and positive feedback. This tends to mean that decisions by management and steering committees often do not happen or when they do, they tend to result in rework.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure to clearly communicate goals and expectations. Provide positive feedback to inspire your employees. And lastly, retain talent by talking to them and learning about their strengths and what makes them passionate about what they do. It's amazing what listening and a little feedback can do to energize your staff.

Strong but static

ProsTenet is a capable organization with many strong individuals in key positions. Additionally, there is a high level of job stability available for those who are seeking lifetime or long term employment. Job roles are highly defined for those who seek a high level of structure in their job role.

ConsSuffers from traditional large company issues. Multiple overlapping departments that work in silos with the this is someone else's job mentality.

Advice to Senior ManagementReorganize to align with operational requirements rather than functional needs to interject operational knowledge into process. Reduce resourcing redundancy and increase individual responsibility levels within the organization to promote ownership and improved results.

Satisfactory

ProsNationwide locations. Various employment opportunities.

ConsHigh turnover rate in senior management.

OK experience

Finance Manager (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsWork life balance is not too bad

ConsWork is repetitive and sometimes meaningless and impact-less, just to follow your boss's order. Systems need some upgrade. Office politics. Lack of training, some management views training as waste of productive hours.

Worked for Tenet Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!