Tenet Healthcare

Be The First To
Add Photos

Tenet Healthcare President, CEO, and Director Trevor Fetter

Trevor Fetter

Pros
  • My work-life balance has changed somewhat since the Vanguard Health Systems acquisition in the fall of 2013(in 6 reviews)

• Great co-workers at the facility level(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • It's all about money game for upper management(in 4 reviews)

• Patient care is often compromised due to lack of resources and run down facilities(in 3 reviews)

Good place to work.

PTA (Former Employee) Fountain Valley, CA

ProsVery flexible with time off. Not 100% about productivity.

ConsBig company. Never get to see our talk to upper management.

Support Staff at Corporate Office

ProsAllowed flexibility for family time, and to deal with children, other issues, etc. outside the office. Very competitive salary.

ConsDowntown location is less convenient than prior Addison location

Overall, positive experience, this is no thanks to management or corporate...

Office Coordinator (Current Employee)

ProsThey do employ some excellent physicians, my experience is positive because I was lucky enough to be placed with a fantastic physician.

ConsLots of politics and a lot of the practice administrators are either in over their heads with too many offices to manage, or completely incompetent.

Advice to Senior ManagementKnow all of the roles that your staff is responsible for doing, I shouldn't have to train you on the basics of the position.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interesting platform for entry; stifling as you intend to grow and or develop.

Director Quality (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsIndependence in thought, ability to develop skill sets through self paced learning, excellent local leadership and bright future with recent acquisitions

ConsMinimal to non existent support for additional education and certifications; increased work demands with minimal resources and shrinking work force

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat platform for growth, please establish individual development tracks and training

Culture Needs Help!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThey pay for parking and DART passes. Salaries are good.

ConsThe organization culture needs major help within certain departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on having department heads really pay attention to the culture within their business units. One bad apple can make working here hell.

Average company for healthcare industry

Registered Nurse (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

Prosthe people, nice building, downtown Dallas

ConsTough economy for the hospitals

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication with all employees could be better

Horrible

ProsIt's a place to work while I find something better.

ConsPay is dramatically lower that competitors. Benefits are horrible.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet it together.

Perfect work/life balance at Corporate office

Accounting (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsWork in a beautiful building in Downtown Dallas. No micro management. Pay is above average. You pick your hours. Free parking in a near by garage or free DART pass for individuals who prefer to ride the train or bus. Company is constantly growing with new acquisitions and new outpatient centers. Job security comes with the workload of a successful company. Most temps are hired directly with the company after a few months.

ConsHard for younger individuals to obtain a job at Corporate. Things change so much because of the constant growth.

Bad company

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Modesto, CA

ProsHigh turnover means you can climb faster, but few last long.

ConsHome office seems to think employees are expendable. This is a perfect a ample of how a nation wide system does understand regional dynamics.

Terrible benefits and pay comparative to competitors. The health reimbursement plan is expensive. There is a discount if you use a tenet employed physician, but there aren't any in our region. Genius! So we are paying more for less benefit. Another home office oversight.

No pension and a 1 percent 401k match. Thanks for the help. The two thee systems in our area offer higher pay, pensions and 5 percent 401k matches. Everyone at my facility is waiting to leave for another system.

Professional

Pharmacist (Current Employee) Indio, CA

ProsLike all corporates it depends on your immediate management as well as corporate. My immediate management are really good. I am left to do my job , for the most part

ConsCorporate decisons sometimes astound me, even regional decisions. But most often those for each institution mad e at CEO level and A team level. Often No aligment between long term / major goals and many decisions.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook and see where the heart and sole of a particular institution is and spend your resources there. Also stop treating people like direct variable costs. Managing down to 100 % (or lower) productivity is a dangerous game. When you expect 120% one day you are going to find it difficult, if not impossible, to get it. It's give and take. Don't forget that. Look at the long term/nig picture. Not qurater to quarter, month to month

Worked for Tenet Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!