Tenet Healthcare

Be The First To
Add Photos

Tenet Healthcare President, CEO, and Director Trevor Fetter

Trevor Fetter

Pros:
  • "great work/life balance and family culture"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Great co-workers at the facility level"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "Patient care is often compromised due to lack of resources and run down facilities"
    in 3 reviews
  • "It's all about money game for upper management"
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Positive Experience, Corporate Environment

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time for more than a year

ProsStability, Intelligent People, Work-life balance, positive, stable and growing industry, office downtown, free parking,

ConsInconsistent or outdated systems at HQ, usual corporate issues like red tape, lots of paperwork, action hindered by need for compliance, benefits aren't fantastic. All employees at HQ are in cubes. Very little to no privacy.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake time to speak with "the troops" in order to learn about issues that aren't visible at your level. We've had some new senior executives (on the job for 6-12 months) who appear to be clueless about issues that have been around for years and can affect company performance, profitibality and morale.

Registered Nurse

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat co-workers, they are supportive.

ConsNow this may be territorial but at our facility...non-competitive pay (we are 20% below national average), always short staffed, staffing matrix doesn't budge despite growing demands of census, uninvolved manager to really fix staffing issues. They totally rely on everyone to pull OT to cover shortages...all the time....gets old. Not enough support staff to delegate tasks to so nurses are doing everything! Equipment is out dated, broken, or can't be found. I have been a nurse for 14 years, worst hospital system I have worked for.

Registered Medical Assistant

Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee)
Jupiter, FL

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat benefits is all this company has to offer

Consunder staffed,private office practice. poor management, unfair working environment, your opinion does not matter! It's not what you know but who you know...

Advice to Senior ManagementGet qualified managers with a degree in health administration. Evaluate the survey's that the employee's fill out!!! Maybe send a floater to observe the managers from corporate. Like they do on the show under cover bosses. "You will be shocked"

would leave if I weren't retiring soon

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time

Prospretty good hourly pay, opportunity to move around, change positions, try to find a better manager before that one goes away.

ConsDisciplinary and dictator like attitude among managers seems to be preferred. Actual problem solving and critical analysis of problems are secondary to employees doing what they are told. Expect to be responsible for unrealistic demands, be ready to defend yourself, and explain that you have no control over something that should be obvious. Finger pointing is abundant.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect (listen to) your front line staff nurses. Think. Stop blaming the staff nurse for neg outcomes within the environment you have created and chosen.

Horrible management!

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time for more than 10 years

ProsSmall hospital with feel of a family atmosphere among employees. Caring and skilled physicians.

ConsUpper management is horrible. Money hungry, greedy management who lacks any concern for patient care. Not a place to work if you are a patient advocate.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice for Doctor's Hospital at White Rock Lake in Dallas would be to get organized, treat your patients, physicians, and staff with respect. There seems to be a total lack of respect for staff at this hospital. We are deceived, manupilated, taken advantage of, poorly staffed and did I mention deceived? Many of your long time employees feel they are being forced to look elsewhere for jobs by an administration team that just does not care that they are losing dedicated and loyal employees. I have worked at this hospital for 16 years and have always said this place is my heart. Not anymore...my heart has been ripped from my chest one to many times by poor management in the last 5 years.

Tormenting

Health Information Tech I (Former Employee)
Rock Hill, SC

I worked at Tenet Healthcare full-time for more than 5 years

ProsVery benefiting to know someone within to get special favors. A lot of family work there together.It's not what you know its who you know.

ConsManagers should stop showing favoritism @Piedmont Medical Center in Rock Hill, SC, Very easy to get stuck in a position.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop showing favoritism

Excellent Salary and benefits but terrible management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Hialeah, FL

I worked at Tenet Healthcare full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat Salary and really great benefits

Constoo many hospitals competing for same patient base leaving a dog eat dog atmosphere

Advice to Senior Managementconsolidate services by location

Financial Analyst

Financial Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe people are great, which allows you to learn a lot about healthcare and you get a variety of experience. Flextime and ability to work from home.

ConsNo opportunities for growth. Management has no idea on to utilize talent, or how to help the employee grow professionally within the company.

well compensated, worked for good people

Director (Former Employee)

I worked at Tenet Healthcare

ProsPeople make the experience and I happened to work for two really great men at Tenet. There was a recognition of a need for family life balance and compensation was very high.

ConsNot everyone in the organization has the same level of integrity that my bosses did.

Advice to Senior Managementno

Great part time work

Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee)
Delray Beach, FL

I worked at Tenet Healthcare

ProsCompetitive pay for the position, very flexible hours, friendly work environment

ConsPay is still not great, can be very hectic

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the people on the ground, they are the ones who interact with the customers.

Worked for Tenet Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!

Tenet Healthcare Videos

Tenet Healthcare – Why Work for Us?

Tenet is transforming healthcare coast-to-coast. We're growing in size and scope and with that comes new opportunities to bring exceptional care and trusted support to the patients we serve. • 78 hospitals in 43 states… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tenet Healthcare reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Tenet Healthcare CEO Trevor Fetter. All 70 reviews posted anonymously by Tenet Healthcare employees.