Tenet Healthcare

Be The First To
Add Photos

Tenet Healthcare President, CEO, and Director Trevor Fetter

Trevor Fetter

Pros
  • My work-life balance has changed somewhat since the Vanguard Health Systems acquisition in the fall of 2013(in 6 reviews)

• Great co-workers at the facility level(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • It's all about money game for upper management(in 4 reviews)

• Patient care is often compromised due to lack of resources and run down facilities(in 3 reviews)

Professional

Pharmacist (Current Employee) Indio, CA

ProsLike all corporates it depends on your immediate management as well as corporate. My immediate management are really good. I am left to do my job , for the most part

ConsCorporate decisons sometimes astound me, even regional decisions. But most often those for each institution mad e at CEO level and A team level. Often No aligment between long term / major goals and many decisions.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook and see where the heart and sole of a particular institution is and spend your resources there. Also stop treating people like direct variable costs. Managing down to 100 % (or lower) productivity is a dangerous game. When you expect 120% one day you are going to find it difficult, if not impossible, to get it. It's give and take. Don't forget that. Look at the long term/nig picture. Not qurater to quarter, month to month

Clueless Organization

R N (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThe people I work with on the floor are great.

ConsTenet is a clueless organization that puts profit above the welfare of their employees. Patient care is bad due to a lack of resources and facilities are old, run down, and unsafe. I would not recommend my family or friends get care at a tenet facility.

The wages are dramatically below the standard for our market. The benefits get substantially worse each year. They just eliminated the PPO plan, and no longer contribute to HSA's. It is hard to every feel secure at this company when the emphasis is never on employee satisfaction or retention.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would fall on deaf ears.

Terrible Company

Director (Current Employee)

ProsGreat co-workers at the facility level. A-Team seems to try their best despite a clueless home office. Front line staff is awesome.

ConsWhile individual facilities are run by great people, the corporate entity is as bad as they come. They are completely out of touch and create an environment of fear to gain profitability. The corporate office puts shareholders ahead of all else. Anyone, in any position, could be fired in order to hit budget. Patient care is often compromised due to lack of resources and run down facilities. I can't even begin to comprehend the reasoning behind some of their decisions. Either they encourage turnover to keep costs down, or are truly incompetent- either of which is unacceptable.

Benefits are beyond terrible. Wages are below market standards in every department. There is no loyalty towards employees from home office.

Tenet is a place to work, while you search for something better- Nothing more.

Advice to Senior ManagementIndividual management is doing a great job. Home office is hopeless. On an individual note, I do not normally advocate for unionization, but would fully encourage it at my facility. It is probably the only means for employees to give themselves a fair shake in our market.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

You've got to be tuff to work for Tenet

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) West Palm Beach, FL

ProsThe salary is very good and the free .edu's for continuing education, the benefits package also. Standard 401K,( could be better) Wellness program and other discounts that come along with the company are good.

ConsThe majority of the nurses I work with wish they could work someplace else. Now what does
    that tell you ? I wish I could say it was better, I truely do, but working conditions seem to be going from bad to worse. It's skeleton staffing all the way, working 12 hour shifts with no lunch and staying over to chart . From the begining of their acquisition of the hospital the management has instituted and adversarial , domineering mode of operation. Stringent in requirements and control and unforgivingly severe in discipline

Advice to Senior ManagementTry treating your employees like human beings. Be fair and honest. Make them feel valued and not like you are trying to find ways to fire them. Increase you nurse to patient ratios to meet other hospitals in the area. Remember that kindness trickles down

Love working at most Tenet facilities.

ProsAt their Palm Beach Hospital the have excellent management

ConsSometimes they are short staffed, and the load is a bit heavy.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. Other managers should follow the footsteps of your Upper management at PBGM center. They are the best I have seen. Really take time to see what is going on around them.

Positive Prospects Apply

ProsWell managed with a positive culture where doing the right thing is important and valued.

ConsLike other publicly traded F500 companies a big focus on short term results during a period of heavy market changes.

Tenet was a good place to grow and gain experience

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsBenefits were good, they promote from within the company

ConsIn the end, always about the dollar and not the employees.

Nurse

Registered Nurse (Former Employee) Hickory, NC

ProsThere's no pros. Bad company to work for. Cut throat.

ConsHospitals are nasty, old plumbing so bad that you can smell the sewer in patients rooms!
    It's all about money game for upper management. Puts on good act but even the community knows that Tenet ESP. Frye regional medical Center. Hospital is so cheap that they use prego floors that looks like they bought it at Big Lots. Under staffed and under paid. Staff keeps getting cut and management keeps getting bonus from cutting corners.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou're Fired!!!!

I had some happy years there.

Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) Miami, FL

ProsYou got to work in different department in the Nursing field,

ConsWe need more help on the floors .Like bedside Nurse PCT.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive everyone a pat on there back.

Disheartening

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey finally went to computerized charting, only because the government made them.

ConsGreedy, they don't care about patients,, constantly understaffed,the nurses get in trouble for not answering the phone on time,passing out meds to the patients and answering the call light all this at the same time. Nurses are blamed for patients sending In bad reviews. 6-7 patients to one nurse, no care partner, phlebotomy barely comes to work and nurses have to do their job, management is clueless, mean, nasty, not fair and some racism allegations have been noted.

Advice to Senior ManagementSell the company, treat your workers right and with respect and if you can't then QUIT

Worked for Tenet Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!