Tenet Healthcare

Be The First To
Add Photos

Tenet Healthcare President, CEO, and Director Trevor Fetter

Trevor Fetter

Pros
  • My work-life balance has changed somewhat since the Vanguard Health Systems acquisition in the fall of 2013(in 6 reviews)

• Great co-workers at the facility level(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • It's all about money game for upper management(in 4 reviews)

• Patient care is often compromised due to lack of resources and run down facilities(in 3 reviews)

Demanding, but believe that my hard work is making a difference

ProsPaid Time Off has never been an issue for me. I have 25 days a year and can generally use them when I want. In addition I get 11 or more paid holidays off and perhaps one of the best perks is that the corporate office is closed during the week between Christmas and New Year's. My work-life balance has changed somewhat since the Vanguard Health Systems acquisition in the fall of 2013.

ConsI still have a lot of flexibility in terms of work hours and telecommuting. Sometimes it feels like I work in more of a matrix organizational structure, which means getting pulled in several competing directions. This provides exposure to different areas of the business (=PRO), but can mean that managing projects and expectations can be difficult (=CON). There also tends to be a lack of communication and positive feedback. This tends to mean that decisions by management and steering committees often do not happen or when they do, they tend to result in rework.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure to clearly communicate goals and expectations. Provide positive feedback to inspire your employees. And lastly, retain talent by talking to them and learning about their strengths and what makes them passionate about what they do. It's amazing what listening and a little feedback can do to energize your staff.

Hard work, low wages

Finance Manager (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsHaving a job, being employed

ConsUnbelievable work loads, it us impossible to complete your workload unless you work 20hours a day. I am highly organized, experienced, and a hard worker, yet my management believes I need to work 24hours a day because she does. Unethical. Can't get time off when you need it, as taking time off is frowned upon. Work will be waiting for you when you return.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend some time in the trenches, see what is really going on.

Strong but static

ProsTenet is a capable organization with many strong individuals in key positions. Additionally, there is a high level of job stability available for those who are seeking lifetime or long term employment. Job roles are highly defined for those who seek a high level of structure in their job role.

ConsSuffers from traditional large company issues. Multiple overlapping departments that work in silos with the this is someone else's job mentality.

Advice to Senior ManagementReorganize to align with operational requirements rather than functional needs to interject operational knowledge into process. Reduce resourcing redundancy and increase individual responsibility levels within the organization to promote ownership and improved results.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Company

ProsForward thinking, recognizes needed changes. Company that will likely be ahead of the curve in the new healthcare environment. Having worked at several other hospitals I will say that they generally have their approach dialed in compared to others.

ConsI can't really think if too many. All hospitals struggle with typical slow moving bureaucracy and creating strong cultures, so I would say that is systemic in the industry.

battlefield!

Bio-Med Tech Bmet III (Current Employee) Des Peres, MO

ProsYou get a check and maybe a raise if they do not cheat you out of the annual raise, which they did twice to us.

ConsLike working with terminal cancer!

Advice to Senior ManagementAdmin should Start addressing the working staff and not the management, to much fear in the corporate ladder they will tell you what you want to hear, all the while the working staff suffers. The worst place I have worked in 25 years and I was in the 90-91 desert storm war. “Quote” be lucky you have a job, beware of any company that has the balls to say this to a working employee.

Merger and Acquisition

Director (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsWe were recently acquired and we are still trying to figure out what our place in the company will be. There have not been any major changes to date so I hope they are taking their time to analyze how the new facilities will be of value.

ConsFeeling like we are not fully integrated into the company has been somewhat challenging. I look forward to being fully integrated with the legacy Tenet facilities.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to keep open lines of communications. Benefits of healthcare companies should continuously improve. Leveraging the company's size to get the best value is very important.

Satisfactory

ProsNationwide locations. Various employment opportunities.

ConsHigh turnover rate in senior management.

Not the best, not the worst.

Revenue Cycle (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

No room for advancement
    Benefits are sub par
    Bad leadership
    Little concern for employees

Advice to Senior ManagementHire and promote more people of color.

OK experience

Finance Manager (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsWork life balance is not too bad

ConsWork is repetitive and sometimes meaningless and impact-less, just to follow your boss's order. Systems need some upgrade. Office politics. Lack of training, some management views training as waste of productive hours.

Opportunity to grow if willing to obtain more education and show incentive to learn.

Supervisor (Current Employee) El Paso, TX

ProsAdministration listens to employees working in the trenches. Plenty of room to grow professionally if one makes the effort. Immediate management has good relationship with all supervisors and listens when one has concerns then takes action.

ConsCorporate does not seem to provide helpful advice to make our hospital more efficient. Communication amongst all departments is lacking. The computer systems is NOT user or patient friendly. It is hard to do one's job with such a terrible system.

Advice to Senior ManagementSomething has to be done about the computer system. It is not efficient for documenting patient information. The company should have researched the company more thoroughly. Unless the computer system improves or is changed, I do not see communication or efficiency getting better.

Worked for Tenet Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!