Tenet Healthcare Reviews

Reset

1. Director

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Pay and Benefit structure

Cons

Tenet employed Provider Network for employee health benefits is limited

2. Highly encouraged

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare (More than 5 years)

Pros

The acquisition of Abrazo has improved total compensation, commitment to patient care, employees and the community.

Cons

New initiatives reasoning isn't shared with staff in order to get our buy in. We want to be excited about new things.

Advice to Management

Keep involving staff with two way conversations, let us hear from good reports from corporate and keep us in the loop.

Depends on the Department

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Stock options and good bonus plan if you are a manager-level or above. Salaries in general are above average for the area.

Cons

Depends on the department where you work. Some people really like their jobs, some hate them. You're fortunate if you have a good department leader. We are not so lucky. Bad parking garage across the street. There is pressure to take part in some community relations programs and that is not fair. No one should be pressured to give money or think they are required to give money or donate other things. It's morally wrong. Tenet has a knack for hiring the worst leaders and everyone else suffers. Pompous, entitled, not-tuned-in leaders. Too many things rely on what the senior most leader thinks, including our CEO, but it should not be like this. Decisions should be based on the best interest of patients and employees. All the perks and special treatment goes to the senior leaders who have not earned it. There are also some departments that play favorites, and ours is one of them. Half the people in our department should be fired immediately and everything should be cleaned up. The benefits are bad. Health insurance is weak and that is sad considering that it is Tenet. No paid maternity leave. Weird for a health company that prides itself on its hospitals giving birth to a lot of kids.

Advice to Management

Stop making decisions that benefit you personally. You are out of touch with the modern world and things should not run based on your whims. This goes for the CEO, the executive leaders who report to him and the other vice presidents. This is not about you. This is about running an ethical, morale company that really does care about employees and patients. You are clueless about what that means. Leadership is clueless and the human resources team is mostly clueless. Also the human resources team is huge compared to other groups. That doesn't make sense when we need more people in other departments.

5. CNA

Current Employee - CNA in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - CNA in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The nurses and other healthcare workers are the most wonderful compassionate people you will ever work with.

Cons

Very hard work, lack of staff and simple supplies.

Advice to Management

We to provide amazing patient care but it is very difficult without manpower and supplies

6. Rn

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time

Pros

Pay is competitive to surrounding areas

Cons

Lack of support from management. They say they care but then make excuses for what the problem is.

7. Good

Pros

Great management Great benefits pay is great

Cons

Tenet as a whole is very unstable

Advice to Management

Be nicer to your physicians so they all don't want to leave

8. Residency training

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

It is an academic environment and conducive for learning. There is a great group of nurses and other staff to help out during the initial phases of training.

Cons

I feel like that due the enormous size of it, the personal factor is sometimes lost and/or forgotten.

Advice to Management

Stay involved so everyone gets the personal feeling with employer. More team building activities than do already occur currently; will also benefit.

9. work

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good work and life balance

Cons

food is bad horrible at cafetieria

10. Terrible company

Pros

Nothing at all, horrible place to work.

Cons

Nasty office politics. your own boss guilt-tripping you when you get ahead with a promotion. Then laid off for no reason at all.

Advice to Management

Be there on Friday! All upper management takes Friday off as personal days.

11. Exposed to a lot of volume and pathology while in training.

Current Employee - Cardiology Fellow in Hialeah, FL
    Current Employee - Cardiology Fellow in Hialeah, FL

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Gain lots of experience with the pathology and the volume that you will experience during your training. The attending physicians that make up the sub-specialties love to teach.

Cons

Hospital administration does not take residency/fellowship programs seriously many times. When residents and fellows are fine training at Palmetto General Hospital the physicians want to practice at other hospitals.

Advice to Management

The fellows and the residents are the biggest assets in Palmetto General Hospital and any other hospitals that gave training programs. Take the residents and fellows more seriously so they do not leave the company when they have completed their training.

RSS Feed </> Embed