Tenet Healthcare Reviews

Not recommended

Current Employee - IT Business Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - IT Business Analyst in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare

Pros

They pay well.
    standard 2 weeks PTO and nine company holidays.
    I don't have much else

Cons

I feel like everyone on my floor only shows up for the paycheck. That's no judgement, I just need a purpose beyond $ to get up in the AM. We never talk about patients or the impact what we do has on them.

The place is so big and so many people are confused it takes months to learn where to go for anything. Half the company support is outsourced to Dell and no one ever seems to know who does what. I sit by 20 people and maybe 2 are actual Tenet employees. The rest are contractors from various companies. It makes the culture bland, $ centered and depressing. No one has any fun at work because everyone works as if a 2 minutes break will get them fired.

They pay well...because their health insurance is expensive. I've never worked for a healthcare company with worse insurance. Feeling like I can't protect my loved ones is a cause of great stress.

They don't offer tuition reimbursement which makes me feel like they aren't interested in employee personal growth, but that could be me.

401K match is 50% up to first 6% but it requires that you be with the company 1000 hours before you qualify.. Basically if you get hired at the wrong time it might be two years before you're eligible for a match.

Advice to Management

Work harder to develop a patient centered culture

Too much stress

Current Employee - Patient Account Representative in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Patient Account Representative in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare

Pros

Hard to find, hopefully things will change before Tenet sells our facility.

Cons

Not enough employees to get the work done. High employee turnover due to stress. No training for new employees. Being threatened to be fired if you cannot collect money.
    Employees need to be included in the Review and Revamp. of processes that do not work.

Dead end job, no room for advancement..

Advice to Management

Stop looking at employees as dollar bills. Stop firing long time employee's who have experience, and hiring those with no experience within the healthcare field..
      Come and work in the department's to see what it is like. Do on site reviews on the Directors to see how they are treating employees.
    Employees should be able to rate management to improve relationships.

Only Cares About Profit, Not Patient Care Or Employees!

Current Employee - Patient Account Representative in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Patient Account Representative in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

No pros for Tenet since they bought our hospital...they've cut employees and make the remaining employees cut hours and expect them to do two jobs on a part-time basis!

Cons

Care only about "billable tasks" even if half an employees job in a hospital cannot be billed so patient care is compromised and employees left struggling and stressed to maintain standard of care.

Advice to Management

Quit worrying about only your bonuses abd focus on quality of care and employee satisfaction....Tenet is a profit-driven multibillion dollar corporation but healthcare and hospitals should not be only about profits...if this is the way of the future for healthcare, then we are all in trouble!

5. Medical Technologist

Former Employee - Medical Technologist in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Medical Technologist in Detroit, MI

I worked at Tenet Healthcare

Pros

Some benefits are good like vacation but are being lost every year.

Cons

Corporate management only cares about the bottom line and will cut any person or benefit to achieve this. This is not sour grapes this is a corporate structure that robs from the poor to give to the board. The amount of federal investigations they have had will tell the truth.

Advice to Management

Get out before you are a statistic.

Not enough staff

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, MI

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time

Pros

The people here are helpful & we all try to assist each other. The culture among employees is good.

Cons

There is not enough staff on the units. The administration howls loud & long about the fact that press-ganys are down. They ignore the obvious reason, not enough people! Just telling nurses & pcas to run faster won't work!

Advice to Management

Try noticing the obvious! less staff equals longer response time to answer call lights! If the patients are not happy (they aren't, trust me!), they will go elsewhere

7. Small town big hell.

Former Employee - Surgery Hospital Aid in West Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Surgery Hospital Aid in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at Tenet Healthcare part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone is really "nice" and helpful. Small group that enjoy each other's personal stories.

Cons

To survive everyone brown noses up to the charge nurse. If your values are greater than backstabbing and psychological intimidation than They will shun you from the group.

Advice to Management

Passive aggressive intimidation to avoid employees will only work for so long. Hormonely imbalanced confrontations by those in charge is not leadership. Good Samaritan in West Palm Beach will continue to lose emplyees as well as doctors because their management is not leadership based. The operating room culture is nothing less than a Salem Witches trial.

"Flexing"

Current Employee - Radiology in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Radiology in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The only thing good I have to say is that I enjoy helping people in need of a smile.

Cons

Where should I start? Poor working conditions do to a deteriorating facility that only gets band aids on a gaping wound. Department directors cutting employee hours do to "flexing" in order to get a bonus (we employees are not blind), when you "flex" employees, you compromise patient care (maybe that's why tenet shelled out close to 900 million dollars in 2013 to lawsuits). A CEO making over 23 million dollars in 2013, yet we can't hire the extra help we need. It's mind boggling that this company is still a float. But what do I know, I'm just the little worker ant making sure the "Queen" gets his/her bonus on the expense of my back. I'm trying my hardest to find another job and say I was able to jump ship before it sank.

Advice to Management

All the schooling in the world will never teach you common sense.

battlefield!

Current Employee - Bio-Med Tech Bmet III in Des Peres, MO
    Current Employee - Bio-Med Tech Bmet III in Des Peres, MO

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get a check and maybe a raise if they do not cheat you out of the annual raise, which they did twice to us.

Cons

Like working with terminal cancer!

Advice to Management

Admin should Start addressing the working staff and not the management, to much fear in the corporate ladder they will tell you what you want to hear, all the while the working staff suffers. The worst place I have worked in 25 years and I was in the 90-91 desert storm war. “Quote” be lucky you have a job, beware of any company that has the balls to say this to a working employee.

10. Unreasonable expectation of profitability without adequate support.

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good initial salary. All the standard "baits" are in place. If you do not mind having to find a new job after the initial honeymoon period, bait and switch is over, you have arrived to the right place.

Cons

Not so great health plan, very low matching 401k. The pressure to be profitable as a provider starts ridiculously early, well before it is reasonable considering the support offered by them. Very poor managing and very poor market strategy.

Advice to Management

Money is important, but quality personnel are golden. You need to be willing to invest in order to reap.

11. They are a prime example of what is wrong with US healthcare

Current Employee - Contract Physician in New Orleans, LA
    Current Employee - Contract Physician in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

None that I can think of except that the checks did not bounce.

Cons

Underhanded and no loyalty to physicians, other employees, or in the communities where their hospitals are located.

Do NOT care all about the atient, which is all that should matter in healthcare.

Advice to Management

confess and repent- maybe more whistle blower lawsuits?

RSS Feed </> Embed