Tenet Healthcare Reviews

Reset

Dallas Home Office Marketing Dept. Is The Best

Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The marketing department leadership is very focused on minimizing politics, maximizing collaboration, encouraging transparency and fostering innovation. The department is full of smart, experienced, friendly, and very dedicated teammates who naturally work hard together to achieve goals. I'm respected as a person and given the benefit of the doubt, so I feel comfortable stepping up to try to add value where I can. I love my teammates and feeling like I'm making a difference. The Tenet perks are also great. I keep learning about more of them on a regular basis. And the newly remodeled floors are very bright and beautiful, with great views. It's a great place to go to work every day.

Cons

This is not the place for someone who wants to skate by doing the minimum, or create cliques. Even extremely talented and experienced leaders are rolling up their sleeves to dig in to accomplish our ambitious goals. The location is beautiful but downtown itself is a little inconvenient (although right on 75, 35 and the Tollway) especially for so many of us who have kids in schools up north. However, you can have flexible hours when needed and they provide perks at the location like a free shuttle to anywhere downtown, free parking of course, and a new conference center to bring in caterers for lunchtime. I heard they will also have a doctor on site (like a small urgent care clinic). You can also get to cafes and food courts through the building.

Advice to Management

Recognize The Bus Dev/Marketing leadership for creating the collaborative and productive team environment we all love. More teams should be run like this. Great job!!

High risk, high reward enviroment

Former Employee - Texas in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Texas in Dallas, TX

I worked at Tenet Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very engaged senior leadership team, evolving company with strong strategic vision. Willing to take calculated risks. The company is in the sweet spot of healthcare reform and is well-positioned to capitalize on new changes in health care.

Cons

Senior management is undisciplined and plays petty politics. It's important to curry favor quickly, and try to hold on to it daily. It's very cut-throat. The work office environment is smaller than a cube. Our desks are long tables with small drawers.

Advice to Management

1) Treat your employees with trust, respect and dignity, 2) stop acting like petulant children and bullies in the playground 3) Stop micromanaging your senior managers and let them lead with confidence of not getting stabbed in the back

3. Provided great support, very friendly and professional

Former Employee - RN LIAISON CASE MANAGEMENT in Delray Beach, FL
    Former Employee - RN LIAISON CASE MANAGEMENT in Delray Beach, FL

I worked at Tenet Healthcare full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

It felt so good to work In great state of Florida Very exciting to work for a growing company We had the flexibility and ability to transfer or move laterally within the company

Cons

Many upper management changes that Feels uncomfortable Uneasy Lack of stability High pressure during the slow season Needed longer orientation

Advice to Management

Always support your staff They are the backbone of your institution!

Terrible Company

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Modesto, CA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Modesto, CA

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time

Pros

Fair pay for this area, 401K, some cheap benefit options, easy to advance and gain raises, offers continuing education

Cons

Management is filled with terrible bullies who work nurses to the breaking point. Nurses are constantly worked in unsafe conditions with high and illegal patient ratios and management refuses and is unqualified to help. Breaks and lunches are scarce during a 12 hour shift. Management retaliates and bullies any nurse attempting to speak up about these unsafe conditions. It is a culture of fear and intimidation, which is not good for nurses or patients. I would never allow anyone I care about to be a patient here.

Advice to Management

Get rid of management and hire new managers who actually care about employee morale and patient safety.

Executive Director Physicians Network

I worked at Tenet Healthcare full-time

Pros

Dominance in market and strong negotiating position for contracts

Cons

Monthly performance is the only area of focus

7. Absolutely wonderful place to work.

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare

Pros

Ability to grow and learn new skills as you progress in your career.

Cons

No cons at the moment.

8. Support

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare

Pros

great people to work with; company offers opportunities for growth

Cons

cubicle environment for ALL employees is not ideal - it gets loud and distracting

9. Supervisor - University Health Shreveport

Former Employee - Supervisor in Shreveport, LA
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Shreveport, LA

I worked at Tenet Healthcare

Pros

Excellent company for a small hospital facility to implement revenue cycle management and improve cash flow. Excellent opportunity for company advancement and learning basic PAS skills. *Conifer Health Solution / University Health Shreveport basically was not a good match. Conifer Health Solution way too advanced and University Health Shreveport too large of a facility and in prehistoric baseline processes.

Cons

Lack of HR management and staff turn over. Lack of training assistance to onsite managers to improve revenue management and basic skills. Absolutely a waste of Louisiana Tax Payers monies and a waste of time with no minimum improvement in baseline processes.

Advice to Management

Properly train onsite management and apply hands on to support staff by providing the tools needed for process improvements. University Health Shreveport have lost way too many tenured and experienced employees due to the lack of training and fairness of onsite management. The cost outweigh to properly train and retain workers instead of fire employees for a point system that is not fair across the board.

10. Great

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time

Pros

Great HR department and awesome insurance plans.

Cons

We don't get paid for holidays

Advice to Management

Smile

Profits over Patients 100% of the time

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare

Pros

Unionized Hospital and pay is very good for Registered NurseStaff. The hospital that I work at is a busy trauma center so its good learning environment the work is varied and interesting. Recently invested in a lift team due to California Law not because they wanted to.

Cons

You work in terrible conditions for the pay. The exceptions are set way too high and given the scarcity of resources. Limited supplies, old equipment that doesn't function properly. On a daily basis including taking care of critically ill and unstable patients you have do all menial clerical tasks, no nursing assistants, no Physical Therapy. The hospital is also very dirty. This includes but is not limited to answering telephones, printing progress notes, answering the door, counseling family members, and generally the lack of resources leads to an unsafe working environment for the staff and patients. I have been in nursing 5 years and I received my first injury at this hospital and have been assaulted by patients on numerous occasions with management discouraging its reporting or seeking treatment.

Advice to Management

Focus on providing patient centered care first. The focus on lean management and profits is over the top and not good for our patients, their families, community, and employees. The results of this type of Profit centered healthcare are evident. Patient falls, central line infections, and a staggering amount of bed sores. I wouldn't take a love one here or receive treatment here myself it is frightening the care that is given at this health facility why do you think the State of California is here constantly investigating the care. Stop trying to squeeze every penny and get away with being barely legal and get up to standards and just do what is right for our patients.

RSS Feed </> Embed