Tenet Healthcare Reviews

Reset

Not recommended

Current Employee - IT Business Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - IT Business Analyst in Dallas, TX

Pros

They pay well. standard 2 weeks PTO and nine company holidays. I don't have much else

Cons

I feel like everyone on my floor only shows up for the paycheck. That's no judgement, I just need a purpose beyond $ to get up in the AM. We never talk about patients or the impact what we do has on them. The place is so big and so many people are confused it takes months to learn where to go for anything. Half the company support is outsourced to Dell and no one ever seems to know who does what. I sit by 20 people and maybe 2 are actual Tenet employees. The rest are contractors from various companies. It makes the culture bland, $ centered and depressing. No one has any fun at work because everyone works as if a 2 minutes break will get them fired. They pay well...because their health insurance is expensive. I've never worked for a healthcare company with worse insurance. Feeling like I can't protect my loved ones is a cause of great stress. They don't offer tuition reimbursement which makes me feel like they aren't interested in employee personal growth, but that could be me. 401K match is 50% up to first 6% but it requires that you be with the company 1000 hours before you qualify.. Basically if you get hired at the wrong time it might be two years before you're eligible for a match.

Advice to Management

Work harder to develop a patient centered culture

What's patient care? Where's the $$

Former Employee - Radiologic Technologist in Modesto, CA
    Former Employee - Radiologic Technologist in Modesto, CA

I worked at Tenet Healthcare full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent pay and benefits thanks to Seiu healthcare union, excellent doctors, nurses and allied staff.

Cons

Management is greedy, slave drivers who bully employees and track there every move. This billion dollar company cares more about making that almighty dollar than treating patients

Advice to Management

Find some rope and a tree..

Cannot Wait to Leave

Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In the corporate headquarters, the office closes for a week between Christmas and New Year's Eve. It's like an extra week of vacation. We get holidays like MLK Jr Day and Presidents Day, something that other companies don't offer. Company is growing and had a very good 2014. Free parking (but it is not close).

Cons

Ironically, the health insurance is the worst I've ever had. The 401K is behind the times with a poor match compared to other major companies. Even though we have free parking it is in a scary garage that is not all that close. It is a scary walk at night. They won't let anyone park in our actual building except the leaders who are vice presidents and above. Bland and tired offices with the worst cubicles. No one has any privacy. You can't make a phone call or have a conversation without everyone getting into your business. The office in downtown Dallas is making things worse with an expansion that the management lies about and says will be great. No. We will have flat desks. Nothing else. No place to store anything. It is a pathetic and employees are mad about what is coming. The CEO makes over $20 million a year but he won't pay for offices or even better cubicles. He is not in tune with employees. Human resources doesn't care about employees either. HR people think they are operating modern programs but they are not. There is no culture - but they keep telling themselves there is. The way things work there is always at the last minute. The people in charge do not try to change things for the better but instead they say the crazy last minute demands are just the way things are at Tenet and to get used to it. In my department there is no balance. You are expected to read your emails 24-7, and to work late without notice at any time, at the last minute. The dress code at Tenet is so behind the times. They say it's business casual but it's really not. Most people feel like they need to dress up. Friday is casual day, but even then you cannot wear tennis shoes to work. What year is this? 1958?

Advice to Management

Stop behaving as if you are elite and better than your employees. Start behaving like people who run a modern company. Right now you behave like a petty, bickering family-run business. Make our benefits competitive. Fix the weak health insurance. Do something about the bad office environment. Conduct real performance reviews, not the fake ones you do now, where you just give money to your favorites.

Disappointing

I worked at Tenet Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits offered were pretty good, they had resources, they just weren't cumbersome to navigate through. The physicians were very nice and the HR department was helpful and great at offering guidance.

Cons

No transparency, no training, structure. For such a large company I'm surprised at the lack of Leadership and direction. They do the complete opposite of setting you up for success. This was one of the worst places I have ever worked at in the past 25 years.clear set of expectations

Advice to Management

Offer a training program, set clear and realistic expectations and operate with integrity.

This company has no true understanding of healthcare. They only understand profit.

Former Employee - Physician in Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Physician in Palm Beach, FL

I worked at Tenet Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

None. They are a large company

Cons

Poor pay, overworking is expected. Then they fire you after 4 years

Advice to Management

Listen to the doctors and the community, not your profit shareholders

Dissapointed

Pros

Not much, maybe some few nice staff remained to work on some units.

Cons

Where to begin? Poor administration that didn't care much about the staff, making money was their first priority, no transperency regarding important changes, no employee support, minimal education for staff. Horrible culture in some units. Stressful environment to work with some staff members.

Advice to Management

Working in healthcare is about compassion, caring, leadership, having the capacity to listen, to want to learn and improuve. If you don't have these qualities maybe it's not the right job for you.

hospital

I worked at Tenet Healthcare full-time

Pros

work hours, small campus, easy to navigate.

Cons

company's cultures promotes bad behavior.

9. Staff registered nurse

Current Employee - RN Staff Nurse in Bartlett, TN
    Current Employee - RN Staff Nurse in Bartlett, TN

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The staff are wonderful to work with! From housekeeping to RN, they are the glue. The location is desirable and the parking is free.

Cons

The management lacks continuity. Policies and procedures are a "cut and paste" from another facility; administration falsely reports infection rates to be zero, and doesn't seem to care about patients, only the share holder's bottom line. RNs typically have 7-8 high acuity patients and the charge nurse always has an assignment that is just as heavy - so they can't help their fellow nurses out.

Advice to Management

Patient care is supposed to be what we are about. Cutting corners to save a few pennies, staffing units unsafely, and ignoring staff concerns will eventually lead to more sentinel events than have already happened.

Profits over Patients 100% of the time

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse

Pros

Unionized Hospital and pay is very good for Registered NurseStaff. The hospital that I work at is a busy trauma center so its good learning environment the work is varied and interesting. Recently invested in a lift team due to California Law not because they wanted to.

Cons

You work in terrible conditions for the pay. The exceptions are set way too high and given the scarcity of resources. Limited supplies, old equipment that doesn't function properly. On a daily basis including taking care of critically ill and unstable patients you have do all menial clerical tasks, no nursing assistants, no Physical Therapy. The hospital is also very dirty. This includes but is not limited to answering telephones, printing progress notes, answering the door, counseling family members, and generally the lack of resources leads to an unsafe working environment for the staff and patients. I have been in nursing 5 years and I received my first injury at this hospital and have been assaulted by patients on numerous occasions with management discouraging its reporting or seeking treatment.

Advice to Management

Focus on providing patient centered care first. The focus on lean management and profits is over the top and not good for our patients, their families, community, and employees. The results of this type of Profit centered healthcare are evident. Patient falls, central line infections, and a staggering amount of bed sores. I wouldn't take a love one here or receive treatment here myself it is frightening the care that is given at this health facility why do you think the State of California is here constantly investigating the care. Stop trying to squeeze every penny and get away with being barely legal and get up to standards and just do what is right for our patients.

Terrible Company

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Modesto, CA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Modesto, CA

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time

Pros

Fair pay for this area, 401K, some cheap benefit options, easy to advance and gain raises, offers continuing education

Cons

Management is filled with terrible bullies who work nurses to the breaking point. Nurses are constantly worked in unsafe conditions with high and illegal patient ratios and management refuses and is unqualified to help. Breaks and lunches are scarce during a 12 hour shift. Management retaliates and bullies any nurse attempting to speak up about these unsafe conditions. It is a culture of fear and intimidation, which is not good for nurses or patients. I would never allow anyone I care about to be a patient here.

Advice to Management

Get rid of management and hire new managers who actually care about employee morale and patient safety.

RSS Feed </> Embed