Tenet Healthcare Reviews

Director

Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You get to work with some wonderful, talented and very hard-working colleagues. In addition, salaries at Tenet tend to be very competitive for both the market, industry and skill level. They do reward their employees financially - and for that I am grateful. I also believe that, overall, from a financial standpoint, Tenet is a very well-run company. I also believe that Trevor Fetter, the CEO, is incredibly smart and is probably one of the most skilled CEOs I've ever seen. That deserves to be said.

Cons

Many departments at headquarters (which Tenet calls "the Home Office") are poorly managed. Leaders can be incredibly difficult to work with, changing their minds at whim and expecting you to work sometimes ridiculous hours (and often do the job of more then one person - literally!). There's no such thing as work-life balance for many leaders at Tenet. Instead, they refer to "work-life integration." Finally, at headquarters, every single employee is forced to work in a cubicle - including the CEO. It's horrific. There is absolutely ZERO privacy, and it's often so loud it's virtually impossible to get any serious or significant work done. It's ridiculous - and every single employee that you talk to at headquarters HATES it. In this aspect, the working conditions are a TOTAL JOKE.

2. Experience

I worked at Tenet Healthcare full-time

Pros

Lots of talented associates, though turnover was high and a lot of good people were leaving...

Cons

Negative work environment; poor employee morale... Culture of organization emphasized financials over all else.

Over emphasis on nepotism and hiring friends...

3. dissapointing

Current Employee - CT Technologist in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Current Employee - CT Technologist in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

nice area to live but very expensive and the wages dont live up to it. close to a lot of cool stuff and very nice weather

Cons

understaffed over worked and under paid

Not the best, not the worst.

Current Employee - Revenue Cycle in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Revenue Cycle in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Name well known
    Many locations
    Decent Pay
    Financially secure

Cons

No diversity
    No room for advancement
    Benefits are sub par
    Bad leadership
    Little concern for employees

Hire and promote more people of color.

It's all about the money, not the people

Current Employee - Practice Administrator in Sanford, NC
    Current Employee - Practice Administrator in Sanford, NC

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They have a generous benefits package

Cons

Upper management does not include practice level management in decision making or respect their expertise. They do not listen to what employees have to say, and if you do voice your opinion expect your job title to be changed and your position eliminated. In the Sanford,NC market owning Physician practices is new and the people in place trying to run the practices do not have a clue what they have gotten themselves into or how to run a practice.

Listen to the people in the practices - they have some good advice and experience. Let the managers actually manage and not be puppets to the upper management.

7. It could be better

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

the strength of a large company when purchasing new equipment.

Cons

Getting funding for new equipment.
    Restricted on what products you can purchase.
    Extremely Long delays by corporate IT on getting resolutions to issues on enhancements to existing configuration.
    Unskilled IT support at local sites create more problems and less resolutions.

Bring your IT support in-house and hire more experience IT personal.

You've got to be tuff to work for Tenet

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The salary is very good and the free .edu's for continuing education, the benefits package also. Standard 401K,( could be better) Wellness program and other discounts that come along with the company are good.

Cons

The majority of the nurses I work with wish they could work someplace else. Now what does
    that tell you ? I wish I could say it was better, I truely do, but working conditions seem to be going from bad to worse. It's skeleton staffing all the way, working 12 hour shifts with no lunch and staying over to chart . From the begining of their acquisition of the hospital the management has instituted and adversarial , domineering mode of operation. Stringent in requirements and control and unforgivingly severe in discipline

Try treating your employees like human beings. Be fair and honest. Make them feel valued and not like you are trying to find ways to fire them. Increase you nurse to patient ratios to meet other hospitals in the area. Remember that kindness trickles down

Nurse

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Hickory, NC
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Hickory, NC

I worked at Tenet Healthcare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There's no pros. Bad company to work for. Cut throat.

Cons

Hospitals are nasty, old plumbing so bad that you can smell the sewer in patients rooms!
    It's all about money game for upper management. Puts on good act but even the community knows that Tenet ESP. Frye regional medical Center. Hospital is so cheap that they use prego floors that looks like they bought it at Big Lots. Under staffed and under paid. Staff keeps getting cut and management keeps getting bonus from cutting corners.

You're Fired!!!!

10. Registered Nurse

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers, they are supportive.

Cons

Now this may be territorial but at our facility...non-competitive pay (we are 20% below national average), always short staffed, staffing matrix doesn't budge despite growing demands of census, uninvolved manager to really fix staffing issues. They totally rely on everyone to pull OT to cover shortages...all the time....gets old. Not enough support staff to delegate tasks to so nurses are doing everything! Equipment is out dated, broken, or can't be found. I have been a nurse for 14 years, worst hospital system I have worked for.

11. would leave if I weren't retiring soon

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time

Pros

pretty good hourly pay, opportunity to move around, change positions, try to find a better manager before that one goes away.

Cons

Disciplinary and dictator like attitude among managers seems to be preferred. Actual problem solving and critical analysis of problems are secondary to employees doing what they are told. Expect to be responsible for unrealistic demands, be ready to defend yourself, and explain that you have no control over something that should be obvious. Finger pointing is abundant.

Respect (listen to) your front line staff nurses. Think. Stop blaming the staff nurse for neg outcomes within the environment you have created and chosen.