Tenet Healthcare

www.tenethealth.com
Employer Engaged

Tenet is an Execellent company to work for!!

Former Employee - Executive Administrative Assistant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Executive Administrative Assistant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Tenet Healthcare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed working here because of the senior staff and my fellow collaegues.

Cons

I can't think on any negative comments.

n/a

Former Regional Patient Access Trainer

Former Employee - Regional Patient Access Trainer in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Regional Patient Access Trainer in Dallas, TX

I worked at Tenet Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome management team and many opportunities for growth. I enjoyed being on the training team and loved traveling to the sites I was responsible for. The management team was very supportive and I always felt like they had my back when issues arose.

Cons

I really can't think of any. I only left the company because I relocated and there were no opened positions in the city I was moving to.

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Physician Relationship Manager in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Physician Relationship Manager in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Tenet is a wonderful place to work. Their PRM program taught me so much about what drives the hospital and the decision makers. Upper management, specifically the CEO and Regional Directors were incredible and great coaches. They truly cared about the employee and the success of their employees.

Cons

Initial training could have been more in depth to really get the employee set up for success from the start.

n/a

Great employer

I worked at Tenet Healthcare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Boss was felxable with my schedual

Cons

Tenet has had trouble in the past financialy, but seems to have made a turn around and has been doing well ever since. Be prepared to flex staff a lot, but this is true of most places, when things are slow they send you home. This can be hard especialy if it happens a lot.

dissapointing

Current Employee - CT Technologist in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Current Employee - CT Technologist in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

nice area to live but very expensive and the wages dont live up to it. close to a lot of cool stuff and very nice weather

Cons

understaffed over worked and under paid

Physician Practices

Current Employee - Manager in Roswell, GA
    Current Employee - Manager in Roswell, GA

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They offer a full benefits package - health, dental, vision, 401K. They don't expect any nights or weekend hours, overtime is limited.

Cons

Tenet knows how to run hospitals, but has been running the physician practices by trial and error. The success of the acquisition really comes down to the physicians and the manager since the corporate structure does not set up the practice for success.

Pick one initiative at a time. Focus on one or two areas of improvement and wait for things to improve before piling on more. It's a lot harder to do twenty things well versus two. Have consistent training so that the different offices still have some commonalities but understand that different speciality offices require different workflow.

battlefield!

Current Employee - Bio-Med Tech Bmet III in Des Peres, MO
    Current Employee - Bio-Med Tech Bmet III in Des Peres, MO

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You get a check and maybe a raise if they do not cheat you out of the annual raise, which they did twice to us.

Cons

Like working with terminal cancer!

Admin should Start addressing the working staff and not the management, to much fear in the corporate ladder they will tell you what you want to hear, all the while the working staff suffers. The worst place I have worked in 25 years and I was in the 90-91 desert storm war. “Quote” be lucky you have a job, beware of any company that has the balls to say this to a working employee.

Unreasonable expectation of profitability without adequate support.

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good initial salary. All the standard "baits" are in place. If you do not mind having to find a new job after the initial honeymoon period, bait and switch is over, you have arrived to the right place.

Cons

Not so great health plan, very low matching 401k. The pressure to be profitable as a provider starts ridiculously early, well before it is reasonable considering the support offered by them. Very poor managing and very poor market strategy.

Money is important, but quality personnel are golden. You need to be willing to invest in order to reap.

Demanding, but believe that my hard work is making a difference

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Paid Time Off has never been an issue for me. I have 25 days a year and can generally use them when I want. In addition I get 11 or more paid holidays off and perhaps one of the best perks is that the corporate office is closed during the week between Christmas and New Year's. My work-life balance has changed somewhat since the Vanguard Health Systems acquisition in the fall of 2013.

Cons

I still have a lot of flexibility in terms of work hours and telecommuting. Sometimes it feels like I work in more of a matrix organizational structure, which means getting pulled in several competing directions. This provides exposure to different areas of the business (=PRO), but can mean that managing projects and expectations can be difficult (=CON). There also tends to be a lack of communication and positive feedback. This tends to mean that decisions by management and steering committees often do not happen or when they do, they tend to result in rework.

Make sure to clearly communicate goals and expectations. Provide positive feedback to inspire your employees. And lastly, retain talent by talking to them and learning about their strengths and what makes them passionate about what they do. It's amazing what listening and a little feedback can do to energize your staff.

Strong but static

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare (more than 8 years)

Pros

Tenet is a capable organization with many strong individuals in key positions. Additionally, there is a high level of job stability available for those who are seeking lifetime or long term employment. Job roles are highly defined for those who seek a high level of structure in their job role.

Cons

Suffers from traditional large company issues. Multiple overlapping departments that work in silos with the this is someone else's job mentality.

Reorganize to align with operational requirements rather than functional needs to interject operational knowledge into process. Reduce resourcing redundancy and increase individual responsibility levels within the organization to promote ownership and improved results.