Tenet Healthcare

Updated December 22, 2014
2.8

Tenet Healthcare President, CEO, and Director Trevor Fetter
Trevor Fetter

Pros
  • My work-life balance has changed somewhat since the Vanguard Health Systems acquisition in the fall of 2013 (in 6 reviews)

• Great co-workers at the facility level (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Patient care is often compromised due to lack of resources and run down facilities (in 4 reviews)

• It's all about money game for upper management (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

sr. internal audit

Current Employee - Senior Internal Auditor in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Internal Auditor in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

great work/life balance and family culture

Cons

no room for growth and everything is so structure. management does not like change.

Disheartening

I worked at Tenet Healthcare full-time

Pros

They finally went to computerized charting, only because the government made them.

Cons

Greedy, they don't care about patients,, constantly understaffed,the nurses get in trouble for not answering the phone on time,passing out meds to the patients and answering the call light all this at the same time. Nurses are blamed for patients sending In bad reviews. 6-7 patients to one nurse, no care partner, phlebotomy barely comes to work and nurses have to do their job, management is clueless, mean, nasty, not fair and some racism allegations have been noted.

Sell the company, treat your workers right and with respect and if you can't then QUIT

This is an Ok place to work

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare

Pros

They pay is pretty well.

Cons

It is all about the budget, not the patient

Stop trying so hard to keep your job, instead remember how to do your job

Toxic Culture

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Tenet Healthcare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Large company with many people around the country.

Cons

Disorganized. Treat managers and staff poorly. Incompetent Leaders. Giant executive money train. Hospitals are trashy, worn down and unclean.

Sell

Positive Experience, Corporate Environment

Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Stability, Intelligent People, Work-life balance, positive, stable and growing industry, office downtown, free parking,

Cons

Inconsistent or outdated systems at HQ, usual corporate issues like red tape, lots of paperwork, action hindered by need for compliance, benefits aren't fantastic. All employees at HQ are in cubes. Very little to no privacy.

Make time to speak with "the troops" in order to learn about issues that aren't visible at your level. We've had some new senior executives (on the job for 6-12 months) who appear to be clueless about issues that have been around for years and can affect company performance, profitibality and morale.

Registered Medical Assistant

Current Employee - Registered Medical Assistant in Jupiter, FL
    Current Employee - Registered Medical Assistant in Jupiter, FL

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits is all this company has to offer

Cons

under staffed,private office practice. poor management, unfair working environment, your opinion does not matter! It's not what you know but who you know...

Get qualified managers with a degree in health administration. Evaluate the survey's that the employee's fill out!!! Maybe send a floater to observe the managers from corporate. Like they do on the show under cover bosses. "You will be shocked"

Registered Nurse

Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great co-workers, they are supportive.

Cons

Now this may be territorial but at our facility...non-competitive pay (we are 20% below national average), always short staffed, staffing matrix doesn't budge despite growing demands of census, uninvolved manager to really fix staffing issues. They totally rely on everyone to pull OT to cover shortages...all the time....gets old. Not enough support staff to delegate tasks to so nurses are doing everything! Equipment is out dated, broken, or can't be found. I have been a nurse for 14 years, worst hospital system I have worked for.

would leave if I weren't retiring soon

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time

Pros

pretty good hourly pay, opportunity to move around, change positions, try to find a better manager before that one goes away.

Cons

Disciplinary and dictator like attitude among managers seems to be preferred. Actual problem solving and critical analysis of problems are secondary to employees doing what they are told. Expect to be responsible for unrealistic demands, be ready to defend yourself, and explain that you have no control over something that should be obvious. Finger pointing is abundant.

Respect (listen to) your front line staff nurses. Think. Stop blaming the staff nurse for neg outcomes within the environment you have created and chosen.

Horrible management!

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Small hospital with feel of a family atmosphere among employees. Caring and skilled physicians.

Cons

Upper management is horrible. Money hungry, greedy management who lacks any concern for patient care. Not a place to work if you are a patient advocate.

My advice for Doctor's Hospital at White Rock Lake in Dallas would be to get organized, treat your patients, physicians, and staff with respect. There seems to be a total lack of respect for staff at this hospital. We are deceived, manupilated, taken advantage of, poorly staffed and did I mention deceived? Many of your long time employees feel they are being forced to look elsewhere for jobs by an administration team that just does not care that they are losing dedicated and loyal employees. I have worked at this hospital for 16 years and have always said this place is my heart. Not anymore...my heart has been ripped from my chest one to many times by poor management in the last 5 years.

Tormenting

Former Employee - Health Information Tech I in Rock Hill, SC
    Former Employee - Health Information Tech I in Rock Hill, SC

I worked at Tenet Healthcare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Very benefiting to know someone within to get special favors. A lot of family work there together.It's not what you know its who you know.

Cons

Managers should stop showing favoritism @Piedmont Medical Center in Rock Hill, SC, Very easy to get stuck in a position.

Stop showing favoritism