Teng

www.teng.com

Teng Reviews

Updated Apr 30, 2014
Teng – Afghanistan – “Afghanistan remote work site”

Ivan Dvorak

Large architecture-engineering firm that provides well-rounded internship program.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThis was my first architectural internship and I was able to gain experience in a wide range of project types and capacities. Field office management, producing as-builts as well as construction drawings.

ConsAs an entry level employee, you have little direct contact with the client, as in most large firms. Also the large engineering capacity of this firm puts it in a different category than your average architecture firm.

Lead Electrical Engineer. P.E.

Lead Electrical Engineer, P E (Former Employee)

ProsProfessional management and approach to projects. Keeping the highest standard work ethics.

ConsThere's no cons from employee's perspective.

Advice to Senior Managementwhen you set the employees' salary too high, it's tough to win a public service contract.

entrepreneurism rules

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsTeng, previous to acquisition by exp, was the most entrepreneurial company I worked for. The organization, compensation, and mentality were focused on allowing each sector leader to build his/her own business unit. The firm grew dramatically over the years I was there.

ConsThe company had one authoritarian leader that was very good at his job but no succession plan, leading to Teng's eventual acquisition. The new management discarded the uniqueness that made Teng successful in order to create a more homogeneous international company.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe employees need a leader to follow. Uniqueness should be encouraged, not eliminated.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Programmer Intern at Teng

Programmer Intern (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsInterview was simple. Asked some basic details like course details and and previous experience on phone and then onsite for technical interview.

ConsNeeds more processes to manage the interviews.

Salary is very less

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

Pros- nice colleagues to work with

Cons- some politics between managers

Hopefully good changes are on the horizon

ProsPurchased by exp US Services. Hopefully, more opportunities will become available. However, a lot of people leaving since business is down.

ConsBenefits are subpar. It is difficult to obtain training. Information is not readily available. One large project is a huge part of the business

Advice to Senior ManagementCome out of your offices and listen to the employees in all of the offices, not just Chicago. There is valuable talent in all locations.

Opportunity to work with different departments

Electrical Designer (Former Employee)

ProsGreat work environment, nice office space and the ability to work within different departments

ConsEverything is project based; therefore the project managers want extensive hours of work without you billing the project

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. They do a good job securing projects in a downward economy

Worked for Teng? Contribute to the Community!