Tennessee Commercial Warehouse

Philip Scott George

managers are inflexible

Current Employee - Clerk in Iowa, LA
    Current Employee - Clerk in Iowa, LA

I have been working at Tennessee Commercial Warehouse part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

great colleagues generally managers aside, strong training, big discount on product, technology up to date

Cons

managers refuse to diverge from process - please be flexible

a little flexibility goes a long way i.e. letting people swap shifts on occasion will make the working environment significantly more comfortable

No longer the place it was!

Current Employee - Office in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Office in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Tennessee Commercial Warehouse full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Understanding when it comes to family emergencies.

Cons

No raises for office staff in over 2 years, no bonuses or incentives either. Hi turn over rate for office staff.......keeps hiring the wrong people. Has picks and chooses. One particular driver has had several accidents, his fault, and is still here and he constantly lies on his paysheets. If you tick upper management off, they will do all they can to get rid of you! No room for growth. They will look outside the company for a person with little experience over someone who has there there for a few years for certain positions. Upper management can be intimidating, so you have to be a strong and direct person to work here.

RAISES/INCENTIVES WILL HELP KEEP YOUR GOOD EMPLOYEES!

Bad place to work.Very unprofessional people.

Former Employee - Operation
    Former Employee - Operation

I worked at Tennessee Commercial Warehouse full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The pay is half way descent.

Cons

Very bad upper management team. Hard to keep good employees. High turn over!

Learn how to treat and respect people and company will make money!

No More The Great Company It Once Was

Current Employee - Driver in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Driver in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Tennessee Commercial Warehouse

Pros

Pay is good. Very flexible hours, you can work day shift or night, pretty much as many hours as you want without being illegal. Some terminals are better than others.

Cons

The attitude of the company towards the drivers has changed since July 2009. TCW has instituted several repressive policies in the name of "safety" which are destroying driver morale and actually having a negative impact on safety. Many current drivers are looking for other jobs now as a result of these changes, and the condescending, abusive way they are presented to us.
    One major change is that we are no longer trusted, valued employees. We must be watched at all times via GPS to insure that we are never speeding, and there is talk that all cellular communications, even with hands-free devices, will be banned and that we will be monitored with the existing in-cab microphones to insure that we are not talking while driving.
    As a result of this policy, and the overall negative change in the attitude of TCW towards the drivers, morale is suffering, as is equipment maintenance, job performance, dedication, and safety.
    This is the result of one administrative new hire who has made it clear, with abusive and insulting language, that we drivers are incapable of doing our jobs properly if he is not watching us closely.
    We are no longer treated with courtesy and respect, and I can no longer recommend TCW as an employer.
    Any driver who can meet TCW's very high hiring standards deserves more respect than he will get from the new TCW.

Feedback and suggestions are no longer solicited from drivers, and will be explained away and ignored by management. This once-great company is being ruined from the ground up.

An Excellent Company- If You're Good Enough To Be Hired!

I have been working at Tennessee Commercial Warehouse

Pros

Choose your own hours, very flexible on schedule and tome off. Upper management really does care abou their lower level employees and will actively seek out and implement suggestions from them. Hiring standards are high, they only hire the best. After they hire you, they don't forget that you ARE the best. When things are slow, they will bid on no-profit contracts to keep their employees working.

Cons

Little communication from any management about things affecting the company, and ultimately, us.

TALK to us! Keep us informed about where the company is going.

Probably the best of it's type.

I have been working at Tennessee Commercial Warehouse

Pros

They think in the long term, and thus hire only the most highly-qualified people. Once you are in, they don't forget why they hired you, and treat you as the best. The owner actually wants suggestions from the lowest-level employees as to improving the company, and has put many of those suggestions into effect. They will take zero-net-profit contracts as a way to keep all employees working during slow periods.

Cons

Long, variable, and screwy hours. Poor real-time top-down communication. Concerns will always be addressed, but by the time lower-level employees realize there is a problem, it has grown...

Keep us informed as to what's happening now, what's planned for the future, and why.

It used to be a great place to work.

I have been working at Tennessee Commercial Warehouse

Pros

You can work monday through friday either during the day or at night as a driver. Managment usually doesn't micro-manage too badly as long as your doing your job. The trucking fleet is pretty well maintained.

Cons

Pay raises, bonuses, and reasonably priced benifits are as rare as a unicorn riding leprechaun. If you start early in the mornings chances are better than not that your assigned truck will not be there. Every driver there makes the same wage whether they've been there four years or forty years. After 5 years of paycuts and the loss of bonuses our first pay increase was 5%. A month later our company health insurance cost was increased to an amount that devoured the raise.