Teracore
www.teracore.com Atlanta, GA 50 to 149 Employees

Teracore Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014
Teracore – US – “Teracore Mid-Atlantic Corporat Office”

Luiz Perez

Good place to start, experience largely depends on contract

Business Analyst (Former Employee)
    Washington, DC

Pros-work/life balance really nice
    -pretty flat company, everyone knows each other
    -executive team is very approachable and open
    -small company that provides opportunities to be exposed to many things, if you can swing it
    -good place to cut your teeth in the gov't contracting world. The small company makes it more of a "team" atmosphere than some of the other behemoth firms

ConsAgain, it's a small company, so if you get stuck on a boring contract w/ boring work, there isn't much you can do. There isn't much of a middle ground for employees, everyone is either a veteran SME or a low-level analyst--not clear how to advance to a more senior role with out leaving and coming back. Because a lot of the positions are onsite in fed offices, the experience largely depends on which client you work with.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove communication throughout company; find ways to better allocate human capital to positions that suit individual strengths/goals.

Lots of potential

ProsPeople are great to work along side of, and the work (for the most part) is very interesting. I feel that senior management does a good job of listening but I would like to see more in follow through and better communication of the follow through. The work/Life balance is good but people need to put in equal to what they want to get out of opportunities.

ConsNot all of the senior management team are in positions I would like them to be in. Would like more skill development opportunities. Bonus amounts are somewhat a joke, especially if you are not making a higher salary.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep improving your communication and developing more delivery organization structure to show a career path.

Better than most DC area small business Federal sector consulting companies

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
    Arlington, VA

ProsDecent pay and benefits for a small business
    Very few work weeks over 40 hours
    Senior management is approachable and easy going

ConsNot really consulting - contracts are more or less staff augmentation for the Federal sector
    No middle management positions - junior level staff have to leave to advance
    Weak sense of community among employees since most contracts are spread out

Advice to Senior ManagementGive current employees a chance to bid for new projects instead of hiring outside the company

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A Professional Business with Family Values

Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

ProsThe company is small. When you need support on your project, you need only ask. Senior leaders are non-judgmental and treat you with respect.They give honest consideration to suggestions and feedback and take steps to implement ones that are both good for business and good for employees. They are happy to acknowledge project team successes to the entire corporate body and are very tactful when discussiong challenges.

ConsThe company offers corporate and individual bonuses, but they are small. There is a 401K plan, but there is no company match. There is also no reimbursement for education. These are minor issues that the senior managers have promised to consider and address.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis company would rate a 5 if the 'cons' were corrected. Overall I have been happy for the two years I've been with the company and plan to stay. Keep up the great work!

OK

(Current Employee)

ProsThe company has a flexible culture, however there is no alternate work schedule option. This may be a good company for an in-between career move while you are looking for other work.

ConsThe pay will probably be less than what you can make elsewhere. Also, the benefits package is weak in comparison to other companies. There are some management problems. Turnover is very high and rapid.

Fast Paced and Professional

Program Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThe environment at Teracore is energetic and senior professional. Employees are incredibly intelligent and professional while the work is challenging. Since the start Teracore has been a Prime contractor at several major Federal IT transformation initiative! Teracore (in my experience) has consistently fostered an open door policy where honesty is valued. The only reason that I've seen employees dismissed is because of poor performance or end of a contract with the client.

ConsSome of the downsides of working at Teracore include the fact that it is a growing company and therefore its infrastructure (such as content/knowledge management systems, collaboration systems, etc) are still developing.

Excellent company, excellent mission

ProsThis company really believes in their employees and their Client mission, which drives its desire to be successful and an industry leader in the Homeland Security and Defense sectors.

ConsThere is no 401(k) matching program at current.

Worked for Teracore? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Teracore reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Teracore CEO Luiz Perez. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Teracore employees.