Teradata

Teradata Reviews in Atlanta, GA

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Teradata President and Chief Executive Officer Mike Koehler

Mike Koehler

Pros
  • The people are extremely nice and I've not had any issues with work-life balance(in 34 reviews)

• Wonderful corporate work environment(in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • No career path, the inner circle of senior management always look after themselves(in 10 reviews)

• Flat Hierarchy structure, not clear career path(in 6 reviews)

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great company to work for

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsProduct based company, good learning, great exposure, great experience, takes care of employees, good teradata university learning opportunities

ConsThe only issue I faced working for Teradata as a professional services consultant was traveling and that was taken care of by my manager who assigned me a local project. Sometimes have to work late hours (sometimes) but that is the same with any services company

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. I think you people are doing a fine job!!!

Good place for flexible work schedule.

Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsVery good place for working virtually or on a flexible work schedule. Great for engineers or sales and sales management professionals.

ConsIT for workers lag behind other companies. Not a leading edge for marketing but improving. Little recognition outside of the sales organization. Medical benefits are not the best. Very few women or minorities in top management.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to recognize groups outside of sales more often. Make an effort to maintain goodwill with employees that are leaving the company.

Best company I have worked at

Professional Services Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsExcellent pay and benefits. They leave you to do the job

Cons100% travel is a major problem

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter allocation of resources in terms of geography

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Gain Vast Industry Knowledge

Solution Architect (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThe people are great to work with. They constantly offer assistance whether or not they stand to gain anything. The companies that you get to work with provide excellent experience in a varying array of fields.

ConsThe opportunity for advancement is limited. HR prevents large moves within the company, so your almost forced to look externally for a significant pay advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate leadership development programs, allow for pay advancement to accompany title advancement, sales is important, but you should also reward the people that make the company what it is after the sale has taken place.

Worked for Teradata? Contribute to the Community!