Teradici
www.teradici.com Burnaby, Canada 150 to 499 Employees

Teradici Reviews

Updated Jun 26, 2014

Dan Cordingley

Great Company if you love working in cutting-edge technology and building great software products

ProsCompany has really excellent technology, and solid products that sell very well. It is currently positioned at the right place at the right time - the convergence of virtualization, cloud and mobility. Plans to build the portfolio of software products are solidly in place and being executed.

ConsCompany has a lot of products and it wants to focus all at the same time. Needs to prioritize and focus on the most strategic. You can't do all - even if you want to!

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to focus on hiring strong engineers! Continue the high level of investment in R&D.

Self motivation is rewarded

Associate Engineer (Current Employee)
    Burnaby, BC (Canada)

ProsThe people at Teradici are amazingly understanding, they are pretty much all willing to talk and communicate about their projects, past experience, and home projects.
    The company tends to take an "as long as it gets done" approach, meaning that they do not stop you from pursuing your interests as long as the work that you have gets done
    There are many people with many years of experience and working with them has instilled many skills that I never before considered working on

ConsAs the company gets larger, it gets a little more intimidating to approach people as more and more projects get added, also it can be a little difficult to find information on other projects

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage free thought, get a ping pong table.

So glad I made the change

ProsThe on-boarding is very thorough and they make you feel like part of the team on the first day! Really enjoy the team I am working with and the recognition and appreciation for your work says a lot and also means a lot to me. Everyone is really helpful, friendly and it does not feel like a stuck up corporate environment even though there's over 200 employees, and they are still growing.

ConsWould have been nice to have the MSP covered but that's not really a con. Company is great and I can see myself working here for many years.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on how to grow the company and make money! :)

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Amazing company

Associate Engineer (Current Employee)
    Burnaby, BC (Canada)

ProsNice work environment; Good collaboration between teams; Participative work environment; Managers who know how to lead their teams.

ConsNothing to complain, at all.

Good team but lost management.

Staff Engineer (Current Employee)
    Burnaby, BC (Canada)

ProsFreedom to choose different architectures, try new things. Great products and engineering team. Friendly coworkers with good work-life balance.

ConsManagement just don't know how to make more money. You are doomed for speaking out, politics is an issue too as your compensation and promotions is tied to socializing with the right people in the company. Sometimes schedule get unrealistic because they don't take any feedback from the designers.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on ROI.

Great work environment, great people, and great technology!

Associate Engineer (Former Employee)
    Burnaby, BC (Canada)

ProsI have previously worked at Teradici as an intern and I must say that the combination of great colleagues and management made my experience that much more enjoyable. I was always given work that actually made a difference, and when things got tough or complicated, every single person I went to would actually go out of their way to provide me with guidance.

I would also like to add that interactions in the company are very casual and people are very approachable! And if you end up in the company as an intern or even a full-time, you will definitely enjoy yourself!

ConsNo cons to report! This place is awesome!

Advice to Senior ManagementI had a very positive experience with upper management, so all I can say is keep up the good work.

Fast growing company, Friendly people and well-balanced work atmosphere

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI worked as a intern there, and it is fast growing company with cool technology PCoIP. People there seems enjoy both of their work and life. Managers are also quite friendly and I felt they are just like coworkers.

ConsI couldn't think of cons.

Engineers only...

ProsNone that I can think of. This place has a lot of problems that get glossed over.

ConsYou are a second class citizen if you aren't an engineer. They don't get how to resource and manage marketing and sales functions
    Really need a CEO with experience. Current CEO is easily led and can't seem to think for himself. CEO management style is "thought bubble for the day" on running a company
    Strategy is not obvious - company is stalling financially so it's grasping at straws re: what to do.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a new CEO

Employer not helpful in verifying work done

Associate Engineer (Former Employee)
    Burnaby, BC (Canada)

ProsWork on flexible sprint basis

ConsEmployer not helpful in verifying work done

Advice to Senior ManagementHire talents and provide them work they enjoy in doing

A great company to be a part of!

ProsTeradici is a fast growing and innovative company that delivers a world class, cutting edge solution and values its employees, partners and the customers that have all contributed to its success. The environment is filled with hard work, fun and great people, which is motivating and great to be a part of.

ConsKeeping up with the fast growth and all the projects that come along with that.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to seek skilled and motivated people that want to work hard and be part of a team. Continue to invest in resources that will allow us to keep up with the growth and efficiently deliver on the demand and needs of the market.

Worked for Teradici? Contribute to the Community!

Teradici Videos

Teradici – Why Work for Us?

Teradici PCoIP technology is deployed throughout virtual and cloud environments, in zero clients, hardware accelerators, standalone workstations and mobile devices. Simple, green, and cost-effective, the Teradici PCoIP… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Teradici reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Teradici CEO Dan Cordingley. All 17 reviews posted anonymously by Teradici employees.