Teradici Reviews

Updated March 27, 2015
23 reviews filtered by
3.9
Dan Cordingley

1. Great Company if you love working in cutting-edge technology and building great software products

I have been working at Teradici

Pros

Company has really excellent technology, and solid products that sell very well. It is currently positioned at the right place at the right time - the convergence of virtualization, cloud and mobility. Plans to build the portfolio of software products are solidly in place and being executed.

Cons

Company has a lot of products and it wants to focus all at the same time. Needs to prioritize and focus on the most strategic. You can't do all - even if you want to!

Continue to focus on hiring strong engineers! Continue the high level of investment in R&D.

2. Great hiring process and good work environment

I have been working at Teradici

Pros

The recruitment/ interview process was very smooth and well managed. One of the best I have been through. The HR was really responsive and cooperative. It really made the job switch smoother. The work environment is very friendly and productive

Cons

None as of now. Keep up the good work.
    Concentrate on building innovative stuff.

3. Good technology, nice people to work, decent salary - However future does not seem bright after major layoffs

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Teradici full-time

Pros

Great technology, decent work life balance, people care about their work, autonomy for sales folk

Cons

Not much in terms of career advancement, poor leadership at CEO level.

Invested too much time in some products that are destined to fail or were not even launched at all.

Let go of some of their most experience and tenured employees during layoffs as well as didn't retain some of their best staff in the past years.

No direction. Focus seemed to shift almost every quarter. Hard to gain any traction when priorities shift every few months. CEO needs to let people do their jobs and let the people that were hired to run their departments do what they were hired to do.

The great chances to learn, innovate, do are refreshing -- but not without downsides.

Current Employee - Staff Engineer in Burnaby, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Staff Engineer in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Teradici full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Cutting-edge technology that can disrupt the desktop and make virtualization pleasant for end-users, not just IT and management.
    Lots of great, competent co-workers.
    Existing revenue stream leads to some flexibility in choosing new problems to solve.
    Great wins in the marketplace, with feel-good aspects, as in Ministry of Education Malaysia -- making a real difference in a whole country's elementary student population. (Opportunities for this certainly exist in neighbors and other regions).
    Recent, painful dismissals were conducted professionally and the departing colleagues were treated fairly and well.

Cons

"Great wins" are not leading to more great wins. C- and below-C-level management doesn't seem to understand why.
    More managers-per-others than any other place I've worked.
    Culture is in danger of being eaten away by politics and empire building.

Lack of the accelerating traction that our technology deserves shows that leadership doesn't really understand how to grow our business. That's a cause for concern.
    I suspect that sales' incentive structures didn't keep adjusting to the best business cases for growing sales.

Oops... we ran out of money! 60people lay-off in February!

Former Employee - Support
    Former Employee - Support

I worked at Teradici full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- Very laid back place to work.
    - A lot of freedom of how to do things.
    - Nice office
    - Great people, a bit older than average company.
    - High salaries

Cons

- No vision or direction. As a result investors stopped pouring money.
    - Projects are picked and dropped, budgets wasted.
    - Boring environment, no fun social events or activities

Connect with your people!

Teradici Response

Mar 9, 2015Teradici

Thank you for your feedback. To clarify, Teradici is aligning our resources with our evolving go-to-market strategy and business model, while putting proportionally more resources into R&D. To ... More

Lost Opportunity

Former Employee - Field Sales in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Field Sales in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at Teradici full-time (more than a year)

Pros

On target with zero client solution that provide top notch security in a virtualized desktop environment.

Cons

Sr. Management doesn't know how to scale a HW business

Find talent and get out of their way, grow up and be professional, candid, and direct.

8. Great workplace, nice coworkers

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Burnaby, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Teradici full-time

Pros

Very convenient development environment, all the work is based on cloud computing. Very good working and life balance. Very cooperative and nice coworkers. Very complicated products which makes you learn a lot of technology if you want.

Cons

The growth of the company is slower than it was supposed to be. But the management seems not have many methods. They should be more aggressive in the market.

See above.

9. Self motivation is rewarded

Current Intern - Associate Engineer in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Teradici as an intern (more than a year)

Pros

The people at Teradici are amazingly understanding, they are pretty much all willing to talk and communicate about their projects, past experience, and home projects.
    The company tends to take an "as long as it gets done" approach, meaning that they do not stop you from pursuing your interests as long as the work that you have gets done
    There are many people with many years of experience and working with them has instilled many skills that I never before considered working on

Cons

As the company gets larger, it gets a little more intimidating to approach people as more and more projects get added, also it can be a little difficult to find information on other projects

Encourage free thought, get a ping pong table.

10. So glad I made the change

I have been working at Teradici full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The on-boarding is very thorough and they make you feel like part of the team on the first day! Really enjoy the team I am working with and the recognition and appreciation for your work says a lot and also means a lot to me. Everyone is really helpful, friendly and it does not feel like a stuck up corporate environment even though there's over 200 employees, and they are still growing.

Cons

Would have been nice to have the MSP covered but that's not really a con. Company is great and I can see myself working here for many years.

Focus on how to grow the company and make money! :)

11. Amazing company

Current Intern - Associate Engineer in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Teradici as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Nice work environment; Good collaboration between teams; Participative work environment; Managers who know how to lead their teams.

Cons

Nothing to complain, at all.