Terarecon

Robert Taylor

good company good environment

Former Employee - Software Engineer Intern in Acton, MA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer Intern in Acton, MA

I worked at Terarecon as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

people there are quite nice, as an international company, full of different people from different cultures

Cons

pay is a little bit low, but its ok. expect for some increase

STRESSFUL - Bad management - Low wage - Outdated

Former Employee - Research Software Engineer in Foster City, CA
    Former Employee - Research Software Engineer in Foster City, CA

I worked at Terarecon full-time

Pros

- Nothing is a positive

Cons

1) Extremely stressful in software development in Foster City. No work life balance.
    2) Bad management using threat tactics
    3) Foster city software development management is unsuited for manager job
    4) Zero career growth.
    5) Extremely low wage
    6) Back stabbing culture rather than cooperative culture
    7) You will absolutely waste your time and career if you join this company. There is ABSOLUTELY ZERO +VE points about this company
    8) Outdated software programs
    9) Zero learning

My review keeps getting deleted despite being inline with the guidelines. TeraRecon management seems to be extra cautious on glassdoor but not focusing on the company culture.

Fake positive reviews - Absolute junk company where your life will be ruined.

Current Employee - Anonymous Software Developer in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Software Developer in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Terarecon full-time

Pros

Below review from an alleged "intern" sure does look like a fake positive review by a company member. Diversity? Really? It is 99% Japanese with Chinese/Japanese/a little bit of Indians with manual labor type conditions in software development. Below posted fake positive review from a supposed "intern" sure has its grammatical mistakes that you would see from everybody working there (in software dev/testing) in almost all emails.

Cons

Fake positive reviews. Just a really bad company to work. You will loose your mental sanity working for a dictator type leadership and working like a slave.

Just close the company and let the employees have a decent life. Don't ruin their life by keeping your company open.

I really like working there in spite of some of the negative reviews.

I have been working at Terarecon full-time

Pros

Co-workers are very nice and the benefits are awesome. Not many companies offer comparable benefits. Overall, my experience is pleasant. Managers are very nice to me. I have worked in much worse environment and this is the best so far - in my opinion. I feel the negative reviews are exaggerated.

Cons

Pay is low but hopefully will pick up when revenues increase. Promotions and opportunities are not plentiful as higher senior positions are given to outside hires. This is not a company for someone who is ambitious and wants to be promoted regularly.

I recommend investing in current employees by spending the money to develop and train them instead of hiring a lot of people from the outside who are less familiar with the business. The types of products the company offers cannot be learned overnight. Those who have been there for years have acquired years of knowledge and experience and every time one of them quits, that is a valuable asset that the company loses.

Great product but the company has poor leadership and no product offerings to maintain

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

I worked at Terarecon full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Small company so you are exposed to many aspects of a running a business.
    -Great Product

Cons

-15yrs old and not public
    -No management in certain parts of the world(No Sales management in Europe/S. America/Asia/Australia)
    -Not expanding to new markets and not seeking VARs or regulatory approval to gain access
    -Bad systems, work related tools(Software) and no operations policies to make work more efficient.(How do you sell Software when the company uses SW that is so old it's no longer supported)
    -Poor compensation and opportunity for growth with little to no development of employees
    -Would never guess your in Silicon Valley and a software company, not an inspirational environment, it's a put your head down, work and keep quiet. You can hear a pin drop on Fridays because the culture is just work, not like others in the area where everyone has put in the time Sun-Thursday.

This is advice to shareholders. Hire a CEO who has experience successfully taking a start- up public and knows that you have to invest in employees, management teams across the regions and system so that you are working efficiently not longer hours. Develop new products now the market is dry in America, time to expand the offerings and have a support package that has value instead of selling upgrades and not product. It's time to sell out to Siemens, GE or the like.

Update the CEO, it is no longer Taylor, they have CFO as the CEO.

Good to start up.

I worked at Terarecon full-time

Pros

Learn lots of new tech.

Cons

Small company with limited potential.

Tough to make a living

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Terarecon full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

fellow employees, product well accepted by medical community, corporate headquarters in a nice location of bay area. old management cared about employees well being.

Cons

Flat market, lost competitive edge, New management does not care about employees well being. Salary and Communion slashed over the years to making a decent living almost impossible.

Bring in new management that has a clue of what to do to turn it around

Shitty company with shitty engineering directory

Former Employee - Engineer
    Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at Terarecon full-time

Pros

Nothing is a +ve point

Cons

- Engineering directory/architect do not know anything about how to manage employees
     - They are unsuited for "manager" position
     - They are better suited for managing the manual labor in China/Japan, not software engineers
     - They want to build something but don't even know what that "something" is

In one point, if you want to loose your mental sanity and work like a slave / manual laborer, this is the place for you.

Close the shop and start a manual labor facility in China/Japan.

Challenging Job but was a great place to work

Former Employee - Technical in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Technical in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Terarecon

Pros

Lots of work, always busy, enjoyed the technology. I dont know how a manger stated in MA that he wasnt busy, must not be working!.

Cons

Lack of incentive, motivation. Hope newer employees reap the benefits from my ground breaking. If you motivate your staff they will exceed your expectations. Money isn't everything, kudos count! It is amazing I did everything I was told and towards the end I actually got praise!

Keep moving forward you are going in the right direction. Listen to your employees and follow their trends, it will lead to further success.

employees are a liability, not an asset

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Terarecon

Pros

Stepping stone for next job.

Cons

Salary is not based on the amount of work performed. High turnover rate.