Terex Reviews

1. Great experience; highly recommend

Former Employee - Manager in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Manager in Redmond, WA

I worked at Terex

Pros

Great leaders with a clear vision for the future

Cons

Can't think of any cons

Keep it up

2. If you want to make a quick buck its ok , But there's no loyalty there anymore.

Current Employee - Team Lead I in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Team Lead I in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Terex full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

4/10s are nice and you can learn a lot about manufacturing. However you will also learn what "not" to do too.

Cons

Management is lackluster and all they care about is there bottom line not their people. Their values seem be more of a lip service. There should be union to prevent some of the stuff they pull.

Listen to you your hard working employees who are loyal want to the company to be successful for the foreseeable future.

Feb 27, 2015Admin

Thank you for sharing your comments on the Terex Glassdoor page.

We are concerned about your views regarding management and we urge you to share these concerns with your local HR representative
    ... More

Management needs to improve

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer I in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Terex full-time

Pros

Great coworkers, decent benefits, and great training opportunities.

Cons

Managers dont follow what they preach, they dont like change, there is a lot of favoritism. Although it is advertised as 4/10 you often work fridays. Pay is what the industry standard is. If youre a minority, the odds are against you for progress in the company.

Treat others how you would like tk be treated. Something their parents forgot to teach them

Jan 20, 2015Admin

Thank you for sharing your comments on the Terex Glassdoor page. We are glad to hear that you are satisfied with the training opportunities available at the Redmond, WA facility.

At Terex, we
    ... More

Lots of good experience but lower than average salary.

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Terex full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You can work on projects that allow rapid advancements in skills.

Cons

Poor interdepartmental relations and bureaucracy hinders efficiency of change. The lack of accountability on low performance can frustrate those who perform well.

AWP Perspective

Current Employee - Engineer in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Terex full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Work life balance 4/10's and everyone is pretty much held to that even salary. You work on occasion every other Friday. So you might work 45 hours on average a week.

Cons

Everyone works in silos, therefore a lot of working against each other.

Poor communication

A company which makes decisions on the production floor not on data but just what people think. Very reactive and not proactive.

We just had 500 people laid off in the AWP division and people are really concerned. There are major layoffs around every 5-8 years. Management says no more that they know of but they cannot tell everyone that there will be more to come, it would make an even more stressed out environment.

Dec 17, 2014Admin

Thank you for sharing your comments on the Terex Glassdoor page. Your opinion of Terex is important to us and we will share your comments with the Redmond, WA leadership team, so they can look into ... More

Many opportunities for growth and development, but bureaucracy and poor support will hold you back.

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer I in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Terex full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Most co-workers are hard working and ready to help you solve issues. Great opportunity to gain experience in lean manufacturing. Benefits are very good, including 401k, stock options, profit sharing, two week personal time, and Passport discount card. The quality of training can vary greatly depending on what department you go into.

Cons

Management is knowledgeable, but disconnected from work force and unresponsive. Support structure is poor and bureaucracy can be a great hinderance. There is a revolving door of managers, so you will constantly be dealing with a new boss with different standards.

Someone needs to stick around long enough to understand their work force.

Oct 16, 2014Admin

Thank you for sharing your comments on the Terex Glassdoor page. We are glad to hear that you are pleased with the Terex benefits plan. Regarding our managers, we have recently rolled out a new ... More

8. Good culture and great people to work with

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer II in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer II in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Terex full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are a lot of opportunities to work cross-functionally and work with some very talented people. There are a lot of people that have worked at Genie for a long time, and a lot of people that leave end up coming back. I think that is a testament to the company culture in Redmond.

Cons

The production teams drive very hard. Often times this creates a lot of turnover in assembly and support teams. Salaries are generally lower than other companies in the area.

Strive to improve morale and ultimately quality on the shop floor.

Another holding company to benefit shareholders

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Terex full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Employment is reasonably stable, for permanent employees. They provide competitive health insurance benefits. Education benefits may be provided, but availability depends heavily on the personality of your manager.

Cons

Low pay for given job functions. Poor prospects for advancement. The company culture is promoted as outwardly positive, but is backwards and oppressive in practice. Although there is a performance bonus, it is so tiny as to be nearly pointless for non-managers.

Upper management prides itself on their corporate culture, but at the ground level ambition and innovation are consistently stamped out, and business decisions are made based on uninformed intuition and personality.

10. Freedom to grow with a risk tolerant culture and admirable view toward work-life balance.

Current Employee - Senior Project Engineer in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Engineer in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Terex full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Overall positive company culture with driven employees but without the cut-throat atmosphere found in some business cultures. Top down strong attitude of ensuring positive work-life balance.

Cons

Very risk tolerant culture lends to many ready, shoot, aim scenarios. Must be comfortable with ambiguity and flexible with change.

Communicate the 3-5yr vision for the company & let directors/managers develop plans to support.

11. Fast paced

Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Terex full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Challenging fast paced work enviorment.

Cons

Seasonal, But they keep the productive team members, They need to practice what they teach.

Start a program and see it through, To many things get started then forgot.