Terex

Terex Reviews in Redmond, WA

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Terex Chairman and CEO Ron DeFeo

Ron DeFeo

Pros
  • Terex is a reasonable employer that understands a work/life balance (in 8 reviews)

• Great people, supportive culture, full of career opportunities (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • If you come from a different kind of industry you may not be familiar with the ups and downs of heavy construction equipment (in 3 reviews)

• Company has not done a good job transitioning from a holding company to an operating company (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights
26 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good culture and great people to work with

Mechanical Engineer II (Current Employee) Redmond, WA

ProsThere are a lot of opportunities to work cross-functionally and work with some very talented people. There are a lot of people that have worked at Genie for a long time, and a lot of people that leave end up coming back. I think that is a testament to the company culture in Redmond.

ConsThe production teams drive very hard. Often times this creates a lot of turnover in assembly and support teams. Salaries are generally lower than other companies in the area.

Advice to Senior ManagementStrive to improve morale and ultimately quality on the shop floor.

Freedom to grow with a risk tolerant culture and admirable view toward work-life balance.

Senior Project Engineer (Current Employee) Redmond, WA

ProsOverall positive company culture with driven employees but without the cut-throat atmosphere found in some business cultures. Top down strong attitude of ensuring positive work-life balance.

ConsVery risk tolerant culture lends to many ready, shoot, aim scenarios. Must be comfortable with ambiguity and flexible with change.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate the 3-5yr vision for the company & let directors/managers develop plans to support.

Another holding company to benefit shareholders

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Redmond, WA

ProsEmployment is reasonably stable, for permanent employees. They provide competitive health insurance benefits. Education benefits may be provided, but availability depends heavily on the personality of your manager.

ConsLow pay for given job functions. Poor prospects for advancement. The company culture is promoted as outwardly positive, but is backwards and oppressive in practice. Although there is a performance bonus, it is so tiny as to be nearly pointless for non-managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management prides itself on their corporate culture, but at the ground level ambition and innovation are consistently stamped out, and business decisions are made based on uninformed intuition and personality.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fast paced

Production Supervisor (Current Employee) Redmond, WA

ProsChallenging fast paced work enviorment.

ConsSeasonal, But they keep the productive team members, They need to practice what they teach.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart a program and see it through, To many things get started then forgot.

A dead end job

Administration (Former Employee) Redmond, WA

ProsNice co-workers, decent pay.

ConsIt is evident that management is under a great deal of stress. They cascade their unrealistic expectations to their subordinates. Old school management style.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn from progressive E-Commerce companies

A Global Family

Production Supervisor (Current Employee) Redmond, WA

ProsTerex is a family oriented company that consistently strives for improvement in safety, quality and servant leadership. Our culture enables us as a company to provide our customers with high quality products around the world. I am proud to be part of the Terex team.

ConsNeed better choices of food in the cafeteria. Although there are healthy choices for breakfast and lunch, we should look to phase out the foods high in salt and fat.

Advice to Senior ManagementThorough communication is a necessity in creating a culture in which all team members operate by the same standards.

Easy going environment.

Analyst (Current Employee) Redmond, WA

ProsWork/life balance, people are friendly

ConsPolitical, slow, not challenging, no good development program

Production

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Redmond, WA

ProsGood benefit: medical insurance, 401k...

ConsLaid off more than 1000 employee.

It's just ok

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Redmond, WA

ProsInteresting place with great products

ConsInternal politics and a strong "good old boys club"

Pretty good place to work.

Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) Redmond, WA

ProsThey value their people and their work.
    Like to promote from within and will take people back two and three times.

ConsPay raises have been small in the last couple of years.
    Too many engineers sitting around trying to reinvent the wheel.
    Sometimes managers like to operate like it's a fiefdom.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet's focus less on 'lean' and more on just producing the product.

Worked for Terex? Contribute to the Community!