Terex

Updated December 9, 2014
3.6

Terex Chairman and CEO Ron DeFeo
Ron DeFeo

Pros
  • Work life balance 4/10's and everyone is pretty much held to that even salary (in 11 reviews)

• Company where you have an opportunity to make a difference (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Business is cyclical and can have extreme ups and downs (in 3 reviews)

• Company has not done a good job transitioning from a holding company to an operating company (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer

I worked at Terex

Pros

Good opportunity for growth, employee encouragement, good visibility with Senior Management, diverse assignments/platforms (depending on the manager of course), Excellent Lean implementation programs across the product lines. A good amount of work flexibility allowed.

Cons

work/life balance a but limited, long work hours and extended hours, poor cafe service

Great environment

Current Employee - Supply Chain Engineer in Rock Hill, SC
    Current Employee - Supply Chain Engineer in Rock Hill, SC

I have been working at Terex full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great work force, great teams, very open to ideas, want to come to work eveyday. All the managers treat their employees as a valuable memebr

Cons

Salary off industy average, red tape to complete projects, At current facility can be very difficult to progess because of size. There are many oportunities avainable but relacatoion is required

Dec 17, 2014Admin

Thank you for sharing your comments on the Terex Glassdoor page. We are glad to hear that you are enjoying your current role and culture with Terex Corporation. Our Team Members are guided by the ... More

Great company with global reach

I have been working at Terex full-time

Pros

Company where you have an opportunity to make a difference. Very global so can interact with many different cultures. Down to earth environment focused on results, but still caring about people. Value-based approach; leaders with great integrity.

Cons

Need to be prepared for cyclical nature of the business.

Keep on exhibiting the Terex Way values and we'll do fine!

Current Internship

Current Employee - Intern - Hourly in Westport, CT
    Current Employee - Intern - Hourly in Westport, CT

I have been working at Terex as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I am gaining valuable professional experience with great people. Specially their culture is great. A lot to learn from...

Cons

Lack of constructive feedback

Dec 3, 2014Admin

On behalf of Terex, we are glad to hear from you on Glassdoor. Constructive feedback is an important part of anyone’s development process. Some managers may not be comfortable giving feedback ... More

AWP Perspective

Current Employee - Engineer in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Terex full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Work life balance 4/10's and everyone is pretty much held to that even salary. You work on occasion every other Friday. So you might work 45 hours on average a week.

Cons

Everyone works in silos, therefore a lot of working against each other.

Poor communication

A company which makes decisions on the production floor not on data but just what people think. Very reactive and not proactive.

We just had 500 people laid off in the AWP division and people are really concerned. There are major layoffs around every 5-8 years. Management says no more that they know of but they cannot tell everyone that there will be more to come, it would make an even more stressed out environment.

Dec 17, 2014Admin

Thank you for sharing your comments on the Terex Glassdoor page. Your opinion of Terex is important to us and we will share your comments with the Redmond, WA leadership team, so they can look into ... More

Learned a lot, promoted annually, Got sideways with HR and forced out of company.

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer III in Moses Lake, WA
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer III in Moses Lake, WA

I have been working at Terex full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Coworkers are the best. Pay is pretty good. Work is varied and fast paced. Benefits are average to industry. Opportunities to make a difference.

Cons

Poor work life balance.
    Engineers required to work a rotating graveyard 6 weeks a year.
    Sporadic plant meetings and announcements things that are not true. Leadership is mostly posturing to be noticed by the Redmond leadership.
    Production worked overtime for the first half of the year, then massive layoffs when the stock dropped after 2nd quarter results were announced (2014)

While the stock price is important, without the people who build units, the people whose ideas make Genie a brand to be desired, you have nothing. Try focusing on morale and watch the stock price climb as a result.

Dec 19, 2014Admin

On behalf of Terex, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It’s good to know that you find your work fulfilling, you enjoy working with your fellow team members and ... More

great people to work with

Former Employee - Returns Clerk in Southaven, MS
    Former Employee - Returns Clerk in Southaven, MS

I worked at Terex full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

great location great pay and nice people

Cons

none have no problem with company

management was great at this company

Disappointing

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Terex (less than an year)

Pros

Ability to work in a small town and small plant which is wonderful.

Cons

HR in the plant I work at treats the employees like they are a nuisance to her. Multiple errors in the new employee set up process, some were intentional.

Dec 3, 2014Admin

Thank you for sharing your feedback on the Terex Glassdoor page. Your opinion of Terex is important to us and we would like to share your feedback with the appropriate location. If you would like ... More

Many opportunities for growth and development, but bureaucracy and poor support will hold you back.

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer I in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer I in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Terex full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Most co-workers are hard working and ready to help you solve issues. Great opportunity to gain experience in lean manufacturing. Benefits are very good, including 401k, stock options, profit sharing, two week personal time, and Passport discount card. The quality of training can vary greatly depending on what department you go into.

Cons

Management is knowledgeable, but disconnected from work force and unresponsive. Support structure is poor and bureaucracy can be a great hinderance. There is a revolving door of managers, so you will constantly be dealing with a new boss with different standards.

Someone needs to stick around long enough to understand their work force.

Oct 16, 2014Admin

Thank you for sharing your comments on the Terex Glassdoor page. We are glad to hear that you are pleased with the Terex benefits plan. Regarding our managers, we have recently rolled out a new ... More

manufacturing engineer

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Rock Hill, SC
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Rock Hill, SC

I have been working at Terex full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent low cost benefits, great work life balance, most of the team members are are really good people!

Cons

The management lacks in common sense and logic most of the time. Probably driven from the top for the typical big company bureaucracy and legal reasons......

Reverse the above comment if possible. STOP leading and managing all the time via the TEREX managers text book. Lead from your mind, heart and experience..... You don't always have to be sheep.