Terminix Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.8
Robert Gillette

Pros
  • Pay is good, benefits are good, truck is provided and you get to take it home (in 9 reviews)

• They are very passionate about pest control services (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance out of control (in 11 reviews)

• Long hours and no help with appointment (in 12 reviews)

1. Pest control tech

I have been working at Terminix full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Meet a lot of customers and create a professional relationship with them.

Cons

Unstable pay. Cancellation hurts allot.

2. Wanted it to work....Call center and upper management problems

Former Employee - Outside Sales Professional
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Professional

I worked at Terminix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is competitive for Sales. Base + Commission. Company is an industry leader so the name alone makes sales for you. Week long training and information about all the types of pests is really helpful. You are often in a position of being a "savior" for families that are plagued with spiders/bed bugs etc.

Cons

DRIVING....DRIVING...DRIVING....and some more driving. Our territory is HUGE, this results in average days of driving 250+ miles. When its your car and your gas this all adds up super quick. THE WORST part is that sometimes those drives end up with a door being slammed (exaggeration) in your face because the customer really wasn't interested in an inspection but was just agreeing with the call center to try and get someone there for their CURRENT problem. Call center is paid by number of appointments it sets SO you get lots of Creative leads that customers have NO idea about. Management says these are "opportunities" to get in front of the customer but being in front of the customer isn't the end all. If the customer truly doesn't have an interest in extra services then its a waste of time, energy and company resources to force suggestive selling visits on them. YES we can push through and make some sales based upon these leads, but in reality we get more customers upset than its worth. Scheduling is a NIGHTMARE. I've driven hours to get to a house for a termite inspection and they say they already have a policy with US! The handhelds need updating and its supposedly coming this year, but it wont make a difference if the call center is still doing such a horrible job of scheduling. Work life/balance is way off. First appointment is at 8:00...30 minute drive..last is at 6:30-7....30 minute drive. NO ONE wants to work a 7:30 am to 8 pm shift. Saturdays are supposed to be "rotation", had one off in four months.

Advice to Management

Seriously think about changing the way the call center operates. Pay salesman gas according to how much they use and/or provide them with company cars.

3. Customer Service

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

I have been working at Terminix full-time

Pros

There is lots of room to grow. The company really seems to care about you. The management team is nice and approachable. They seem to be doing their best to have a great work enviroment. I like her a lot. I feel like I have a secong family.

Cons

Not enough money. It seems like the only way to make a good amount of money here is to go to sales. It seems nearly impossible to get over there in the inside sales positions.

Advice to Management

Like we tell our customers, you get what you pay for. Pay customer service reps more money and pay them for their leads instead of making free money off of them.

Terminix

I have been working at Terminix full-time

Pros

Great people & overall great contact center environment.

Cons

Too much control by field operations, lack of technology, lack of direction at times

Advice to Management

Need to improve commitment to Customer satisfaction & service delivery

6. From good to horrible.

Former Employee - Pest Control Technician in Aurora, IL
    Former Employee - Pest Control Technician in Aurora, IL

I worked at Terminix full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Decent paychecks. Peer camaraderie is good. Meeting people on a day to day basis. Decent vacation time. Slow winter months. Get own company vehicle with a gas card.

Cons

Horrible scheduling. Horrible mid management. No work life balance. You're a $ not a person. Some customers demands are absolutely ridiculous. Company adds all these new services that they expect you to do, but don't train you how to do it. Shoddy equipment. Weekly service meetings are pointless.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better, and learn then teach how a day should be scheduled.

7. Inside sales rep at customer center

Current Employee - Terminix Inside Sales Representative in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Terminix Inside Sales Representative in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Terminix full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Make your numbers in the top 10% and management will leave u completely alone

Cons

There are no cons. Professionally run organization that wants long term employees.

Advice to Management

Need better sales contests with weekend trips or better cash incentives.

8. best in class

I have been working at Terminix full-time

Pros

You basically have your own business here. There is no ceiling on how much you can make, you just need to have the drive to succeed and the willingness to stay in contact with your customers.

Cons

Attics in Florida can get really hot and a large territory can cut into how many people you see per day.

Advice to Management

Make a more uniform commission schedule that rewards producers and inspires people to be out there more. A tiered pay scale would do wonders.

Sales Rep.

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Largo, MD
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Largo, MD

I worked at Terminix

Pros

Base pay (draw),Call in leads, D/D calls,Bonuses for increased sales , Awards ,Training, Advancement, Excellent Products, Regional Backing, Cross Company Sales, Great Office Co-operation

Cons

Lots of pressure to sell.

Advice to Management

Take away draw ,go to base pay

Retention Representative

I worked at Terminix

Pros

Great entry level job; I gained a lot of experience, first full-time office job right out of college Commission every month Benefits, healthcare and time off

Cons

No advancement Micromanagement Work load Company score card and shift bids Unattainable goals without lying and cheating

Advice to Management

Re-evaluate company score card; is my worth really valued at where I am placed on a monthly scorecard? Someone has to come in at the bottom; even at Harvard, right? Add more benefits; especially company perks Offer job shadows/interns with other departments in the company

11. Branch Manager

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Topeka, KS
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Topeka, KS

I have been working at Terminix (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are really good. They provide a lot of training

Cons

Poor work life balance. On call all of the time and pulled in way too many directions.

RSS Feed </> Embed