Terminix Reviews

Exhausting!

Former Employee - Termite Technician in Manassas, VA
    Former Employee - Termite Technician in Manassas, VA

I worked at Terminix

Pros

My coworkers were awesome! They treated me like family!

Cons

Management cares solely about numbers and money andaking sure they get their bonuses. The morale dropped after the passing of my favorite manager and a few months later I called it quits.

Value your employees with more than just gift cards to Wawa after selling thousands of dollars in product for the company. Most of all LISTEN! Sometimes managers aren't always right!

Need consistency

I have been working at Terminix

Pros

Pay(maybe), schedule and coworkers. That's about it. Oh, and the schedule minus Saturday work.

Cons

Constant upheaval and change. 7 different regional managers inside of 3 years and 4 different branch managers in the same time frame.

Stop. Constantly. Moving. The. Bar. Or at least provide some support and resources if you do move said bar. Also, please stop with the realignments and separate commercial from residential again. Commercial customers have different needs.

3. no work life balance

Former Employee - Sales in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Sales in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Terminix full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Training was the best part

Cons

Hours were too long each week

5. Commercial Account Manager

I have been working at Terminix

Pros

I am sorry, but I do not know of any Pro's. People mean nothing to this company.

Cons

Thorough Micro-management
    Low salary
    Work 6 days a week
    Very poor training
    Use your own POV
    Commission structure is below the industry avg.
    Monthly Quota is way above industry avg.

Lower the monthly quota to industry avg.
    Increase commission structure to industry avg.
    Adjust sales quota's for the season and locations

6. Going nowhere

Former Employee - Keyman Technician
    Former Employee - Keyman Technician

I worked at Terminix

Pros

They provided a Company truck that I was allowed to drive home. They also provided uniforms. And they hosted company functions for family to attend.

Cons

Working on Saturdays. Low pay, commission based. No opportunity for advancement if you're not one of the "in crowd". Managers are only out for themselves and push the employees to work long hours just to line their own pockets with bonuses not offered to the working man.

7. Great Pay, Crushed Spirit

Former Employee - Pest Control Route Tech in Sarasota, FL
    Former Employee - Pest Control Route Tech in Sarasota, FL

I worked at Terminix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company pays very well for production, supplies superior equipment, and trains its employees well. From an equipment, materials, and technological standpoint, Terminix is excellent.

Cons

Branch management had a complete disconnect with its service technicians. Management prefers to treat subordinates as inferiors to the degree of abuse. Those who fail to understand this continue to thrive financially, albeit without the possibility of any advancement, while seasoned employees soldier on while harboring deep unspoken resentment.

The technicians know what they are doing. Allow them to do their jobs without interference.

I wish I wouldn't have invested so many years with this company!

Former Employee - Supervisor, Keyman in Concord, NC
    Former Employee - Supervisor, Keyman in Concord, NC

I worked at Terminix full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I always enjoyed meeting new customers and trying to solve whatever problems they were having. Sales opportunities. Plenty of work to do. No layoffs. Good benefits. Company provides opportunities to pursue state certifications, and licensing.

Cons

The company focuses on sales quotas and doesn't care about quality service anymore. Bad work/life balance. Toxic in office environment. A lot of politics. I've seen too many people come into the industry/company and get promoted to management positions after being there for a short time just based off of their sales numbers alone. Too many times I've seen technicians have more knowledge and training in the industry than management. A lot of turnover with management. You can potentially invest a lot of time and effort into training and the company, just to have a new manager come and destroy it all. The politics makes it possible for secretaries to schedule late appointments if they don't like you, or give other technicians leads in your defined area. New managers can take away new leads and greatly influence your income. They've created an office environment that allows crooked, dishonest employees to thrive. A lot of scandal involving relationships between employees, employees and customers. If deception, dishonesty, and a lack of work ethic is what you're about...Welcome To Terminix!

If a technician has a proven reputation of lying and cheating customers as well as their fellow employees...get rid of them! Definitely don't promote them to a management or supervisor position. You're setting a horrible example for the honest, hard-working technicians, and new employees.

9. sales

I have been working at Terminix

Pros

good company ,though slow to respond to new tech that is available from sister companies. I ejoed the sales end of it.

Cons

it sometimes takes awhile to get their attention of mgmt.

10. inspector

I have been working at Terminix

Pros

great company to work for

Cons

i have no problems at all

11. Good company

I have been working at Terminix

Pros

It's a Christian company.. It's easy money if you're willing to work.. Pretty good benefits and 401k plan. Flexible schedule.

Cons

Some of the cons are not having a company car for the outside sales people. You have to drive your own vehicle and maintain it.

Work on getting salesmen company cars.

Terminix Photos