Terros Reviews

Good learning experience

Current Employee - Clinician - Outpatient
    Current Employee - Clinician - Outpatient

I have been working at Terros full-time for more than a year

Pros

Able to get clinical supervision for independant license. Variety of clients for a new counselor I would recomend using this as a training experience but not a place to stay

Cons

work load is high and fast not much time to give clients individual attention. focus is on quanity not quality. To keep up with paperwork expectations clinicians work off the clock at least an hour a day to keep up sometimes more. Expect to work at least one day on a weekend off the clock .

If you are not getting the results you want look at your managment. Taking such a long time to make a change and being so cautious may have served you well but your competition is going to leave you in the dust.Not sure this company will make it

Too many chiefs not enough Indians!!!

Former Employee - Prevention Specialist
    Former Employee - Prevention Specialist

I worked at Terros full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

4 day work week M-THURS 7-5, insurance benefits were great! Salary was competitive. Annual bonus to all employees. Not many cons to speak of.

Cons

Very passive aggressive management staff. Hostile work environments were a daily part of the job! No preference to seniority and lots of favoritism.

They don't take advice, they only give.

Overworked and Underpaid "co-location" employee BHT/Therapist- Substance abuse/SMI

Current Employee - BHT  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - BHT in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Terros full-time for less than a year

Pros

Independence to do my work, paid mileage, a lot of seminars and trainings, got my feet wet as a beginning counselor

Cons

These people are all right., especially the first review. I'll expand on it more:

-I was given very little training on ClaimTrak before I was thrown to the wolves at my clinic, and I was written up because there were errors in my files. Other employees weren't trained as well and they are all in the same boat. I was closing the other therapists files and making numerous mistakes because I had -0- training at that point with claimtrak. I still continue to get blamed for his mistakes. We haven't billed Magellan for our work because our client files are so badly messed up. Management is blaming the 11 employees in our colo program when they had no formal training PERIOD. Why not take 2 days and train everyone at once? Even the supervisors are constantly changing their minds about what information to enter into client files!
    -If you work at a CO LOCATION as a BHT, you do the same work as CLINICIANS who are paid more. 15.25 is my wage for a masters level counselor. After a year you're lucky to get a 30% raise.
    -We have to do ALL of the paperwork, client intake information which takes FOREVER, on top of soliciting our own clients from the case managers and addressing their numerous concerns, and trying to convince them why they should give you referrals, you have to attend their morning meetings as well. Tracking down our clients when they don't show, attending seminars, supervisions, case management activities ourselves, and it leave very little time to do client care. Why am I being paid so little to do 4 jobs?
        -Other agencies and other programs at Terros have their own intake people, they don't have to solicit their clients from frustrated case managers, they don't have to worry about clients CONSTANTLY missing their sessions because of unreliable cab service, their mental illness, and their case loads are nowhere near as heavy. Terros overworks its colo employees. My job is 20:80 20 percent client care, 80 percent paperwork and case management and cleaning up messes.
    -Health insurance is awful. For blood work two times and 2 doctors appointments I have to come up with 700 out of pocket! There are no copays. you have to either hit a 2k or 1.5k deductible.
    -Pay has been frozen for years
    -No opportunity for advancement whatsoever
    -I am all alone at my clinic, and if I have a question, it takes forever for people to respond because they're so busy.

If you're a masters level counselor, APPLY SOMEWHERE ELSE. Lifewell pays 3 dollars an hour more for this same position. Apply elsewhere period.

THERE'S NOT ENOGH TIME IN THE WEEK FOR WHAT YOU DEMAND OF US!!! WHY DO YOU SEND EMPLOYEES TO THEIR SITES WITHOUT TRAINING? NOBODY, I REPEAT NOBODY WOULD BE ABLE TO FIGURE ALL OF THIS OUT IN A MONTHS TIME. You people need to look at your policies before you blindly blame your employees who you do not observe working directly. There is no accountability in your management structure.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Don't expect to climb any type of corporate ladder. Make sure you do what you are told and keep your mouth shut.

I have been working at Terros full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's quiet. The people are cordial. It's clean. If you don't want to go anywhere and just want to punch in and punch out and do what you are told then this would be good for you.

Cons

There's really nowhere to go here and I have never seen such deliberate segregation of management and employees. People tend to disappear all of a sudden...

Worst place I've ever worked at

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Terros

Pros

Diversity of people and backgrounds hired. Lots of great clinicians, crisis interventionists and generally "people in the trenches" who want to make a difference and who work hard despite the road-blocks from inept management decisions, politics and policies.

Cons

Middle and upper-level management politics. Indifference-disrespect-neglect of everyday employees in the trenches. Shoot-from-the-hip management decisions without informing employees until after the decision has already been made. Terros is all about appearences.. there's always quite a bit of talk about how things are "great" or "getting better" .. but it's mostly spin.. Terros puts most of its funding into buildings, technology, & "things" .. but very few raises.. training, if it exists at all, is most often inadequate, because there's just "not enough money".. not enough support from the helpdesk-IT because, like most departments, they are understaffed and overworked.. "Promotions" are more often than not because somebody has left and there is a vacancy to fill. There is high turn-around in too many departments.. always people coming and people going .. There is no real consideration for seniority.. very little promotion from within. Job vacancies do not often appear to be offered first to employees who've been with the company for awhile, but they must compete with outsiders who often are usually brought in to fill the vacancies because they have "better qualifications" than existing employees. At first glace you'd think that would generally make things gradually get better. And therein lies the problem. It looks good on paper .. but that's about it. It seems that the general unstated philosophy is that employees are expendable and easily replaceable. So the very good ones tend to pack up and leave once they figure out what's REALLY going on. When expressing frustration to senior management at how badly some of our best people were being treated I basically got a polite answer of "if you're so unhappy here, why don't you look for work elsewhere? We're very sorry they wound up leaving.. but that was their choice.." Indeed it was their decision. But unfortunately that doesn't seem to set off any alarm bells with the management.

Terros slogan: "People care by caring People" .. LIVE YOUR SLOGAN! Treat your employees as if they really DO matter.. because they do. Employees are your geese laying the golden eggs.. Stop cooking the golden geese. Try putting a few funds into improving people rather than buying more toys and over-hauling clinics and hiring flashy outsiders. People may tend to stay longer if you try to engender some loyalty by putting your money where your mouth is. If you invest in people more there will be a greater pay-off in the end and people will be proud to work for Terros and actually want to stay because they love Terros.. not just because they haven't yet found another job.

Great learning experience, issues with middle management.

Former Employee - Clinician  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Clinician in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Terros

Pros

Variety of work experiences available, committed senior management, fair pay.

Cons

lot of politics at middle management, arguing, etc.

Work on communication skills of management, employee stressors can often be reduced by supportive management without reducing expectations. Complacency in mgmt is very destructive.

Worked for Terros? Contribute to the Community!