Terumo BCT

Terumo BCT Reviews

Updated Apr 7, 2014

Terumo BCT President and CEO David B. Perez

David B. Perez

Better than most employers.

I have been working at Terumo BCT full-time for more than 5 years

Pros1) Reasonable starting salary.
2) Decent benefits.
3) Good work environment.
4) Has a bonus program!

Cons1) Raises are small.
2) Benefits are decreasing - health insurance.
3) Cubicles for now, but it looks like they are going to that goofy "open office" environment.
4) Since the Japanese bought us, it is ALL about the almighty Yen.
5) The new Vietnam plant, who hasn't seen this scenario before? Goodbye jobs.
6) Top heavy with management.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop pinching your employees for every Yen you can, how much is enough? Management is way too top heavy now. David Perez is a really decent person, I wish more of the executives were like him in manner and style.

Awesome Company, Employer

LMS Data Administrator (Current Employee)
Lakewood, CO

I have been working at Terumo BCT full-time for more than a year

ProsI've really enjoyed working at Terumo BCT. It is the best company i've worked for so far in my career. They have a very generous flexible work arrangement (e.g., work from home, mobile office) policy for many positions, and have good incentive programs (company balanced scorecard, personal balanced scorecard, merit-based, and teamshare), and fairly good benefits from what I understand. I've very rarely- if ever- felt overly pressured or stressed to "get my work done 'or else' (my job was in jeopardy)"- I really appreciate that combined with the trust they've put in me as an employee, which have both motivated me to do my best and be loyal to the company.

ConsI can't think of any.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing to make this company great, including the supportive culture of individual contributors.

Great place to work.

I have been working at Terumo BCT

ProsCulture, great R&D program, smart people

ConsBig company with lots of smart people. Could take a while to get promoted.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Review

I have been working at Terumo BCT full-time

ProsGreat people, support of family life

ConsGrowing pains resulting in many changes

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter decision making

Short title for my review

I have been working at Terumo BCT

ProsGood Pay, good benefits, good people, great products

Conslocation, facility is dated, food in caf. is not so great

Top heavy, missing rewards program, overlooking valuable players offering more than meets the eye.

I have been working at Terumo BCT full-time

ProsPositive Patient impact. Cutting edge research customers. Have an angle in the challenging economic landscape to date.

ConsNo true respect for the hospital side of the business. Underfunded and lack of focus on key strategic projects.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward those who meet and exceed goals. Consider an Executive review of influential and promising field employees to better utilize their talents before they depart. People talk about the politics and they are quite impacting and should be addressed- its not always about who you know.... maybe some are above that game and are just top performers not willing to get in the middle of office place drama.

Assembler

Assembler (Current Employee)

I have been working at Terumo BCT full-time for more than 8 years

ProsFood, parking, pay, benefits, location

ConsManagement, lack of training, high turnover, very unprofessional, management focuses on the negatives rather than the positives, they love to play games against the operators and a lot of drama.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn professionalism, fairness, quality management, and time management. Focus on building a quality product rather than playing mind games and promoting friends and family

Medical Manufacturing from a former Operator

Operator (Former Employee)

I worked at Terumo BCT full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat subsidized benefits, above-average entry wage, tuition benefits

ConsWage stagnates against market after two years experience. Grueling schedule with off-hours and graveyard to start (only senior operators that have been there 5+ years can get on 1st shift). Little opportunity for advancement unless you're outside of the clean room. Lots of favoritism/nepotism for lower-level leadership positions. Huge gap between production level and the rest of the company. Cronyism is rampant at the upper-levels and the senior management exist in an echo chamber. Values have changed radically after the Japanese takeover- it feels like the things that can be put on paper are valued over integrity, learning, and the Cobe/Gambro/Caridian family we once had. The prevailing attitude in the clean room, which I was told directly several times by different managers, is that you are entirely expendable, and if you don't do what you're told there are 50 people waiting to take your job. The environment is incredibly hostile to entry-level operators. HR is included in this practice of treating entry-level operators as expendable and use Corrective Actions as a way to blacklist people. HR is also completely comprised of women and very cavalier with or ignorant of EEO laws- hires tuned to fix Terumo BCT's racial makeup and majority of leadership promotions are women. EEOC has been involved several times with this company because of their treatment with discrimination and their employment practices.

Advice to Senior ManagementCheck out the clean room culture that's evolved. Reconnect with the foundation of your company. Build a better base by paying it down- if you want world-class goods you have to provide a world-class workplace first.

Great job opportunities in the Medical device industry.

Production Supervisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Terumo BCT full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat pay, advancement within, and great benefits. You can have up to 4 days off a week. We help save people's lives.

ConsTo have 4 days off a week- you have to work 12+ hour days. There are not to many Cons-this is a fast paced work environment, with many challenges that help you grow.

Advice to Senior ManagementI appreciate the open environment and being able to have a voice.

Great Products, Good Company, Poor Career Opportunities

I have been working at Terumo BCT full-time for more than 10 years

ProsCo-workers are wonderful people and our products really help save lives.
Modest rewards are available for loyal, performing employees.
Tuition reimbursement program is very helpful in seeking higher education.

ConsLong-term employees are not currently compensated at market levels.
Benefits have diminished since acquisition by Terumo.
Meaningful bonus opportunities only at senior levels.
Culture change with Japanese influence has ruined our 'employer of choice' reputation.

Advice to Senior ManagementDavid Perez is an exceptional leader who can be relied upon by employees. The remaining senior executives need to look out for their employees by not always doing what is in their own best interest. Building on the BCT culture will once again make us an 'employer of choice'.

Worked for Terumo BCT? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Terumo BCT reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Terumo BCT CEO David B. Perez. All 38 reviews posted anonymously by Terumo BCT employees.