Terumo Medical Corporation

Updated Mar 25, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jim Takeuchi

Expansive product portfolio, solid management and excellent career growth potential

I have been working at Terumo Medical Corporation full-time for less than a year

ProsManagement provides backing and support when needed. Company is stable and growing. Coworkers are easy to work with and environment is friendly.

ConsAcquired companies can be difficult to work with as they are set in their ways, but management helps to minimize as much as possible.

Grossly Incompetant

Elkton, MD

I have been working at Terumo Medical Corporation full-time for more than a year

ProsExcellent health benefits and number of company holidays.

ConsUnlike the Japanese headquarters company, the management team in MD and NJ seem to not know how to run a business or have a complete disregard of their own employees. Key management decisions/commitments are usually made behind closed-doors at the senior executive level between executives in Japan, and are handed-down as make-or-break deadlines without any consultation from the bottom-up.

Finally, I do not expect the US business to be as successful as it currently is in the near-future. They do not intend to hire and promote those from the inside, and most of their new products are coming from Japan. It's only a matter of time before they start down-scaling the operations within the US to just a distributor and sales role.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not make big commitments or decisions that set a path of failure for those who actually do the work. For projects that do receive project approval, provide the necessary financial and engineering resources to actually complete the project on-time and on-budget, without having to rely on crash-course project management sessions that almost undeniably results in complete and utter disaster.

Terumo is a good place to work with competitive salary and room for advancement.

Lead Assembler (Former Employee)

I worked at Terumo Medical Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

ProsTerumo puts a lot of focus on employee moral, and continually strives to raise and maintain moral levels. Room for advancement if you desire that.

ConsThere wasn't much that I disliked about Terumo, however there were several occasions when I went to work only to be told that the following day my shift was changing.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere should be a more direct line of communication between management and staff.

Solid team-a great place to work

Somerset, NJ

Prostop-in-class products and quality control, excellent movement and career potential, strong team leadership. Patient outcomes and market impact continously improving.

Consproduct bandwidth, multi-divisional model (J&J)

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to involve all level associates in company direction. Continue to make tough decisions favoring patient outcomes over dividends.

Awful place to work plannning to exit this company ASAP

Elkton, MD

I have been working at Terumo Medical Corporation full-time for more than 8 years

Proshealth benefits nothing else this company offers worh mentioning

ConsLow pay, forced overtime and little time to spend with my family including my children, not a family oriented company despite claims. Poorly managed favortism abounds. Not what you know but who you know. Long time employees denied promotions due to upper management placing friends and acquaintances in better paying positions. Not a disgruntled employee here but being honest.

Advice to Senior ManagementLevel the playing field in regards to promotionsl. Monitor and do not allow favortism particularly when it comes to promotions. Take notice of good employees before they slip away like I will be shortly.

The organization's people are top notch but systems and pay need to be revamped

I have been working at Terumo Medical Corporation

ProsThe company is consistently growing and it is a very steady paycheck

ConsThey tend to move slow and pay is not as aggressive as other sales teams in the space.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to pay top performers better year over year.

What a mess

Product Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Terumo Medical Corporation

Pros- Work/life balance
- Great products
- Mostly nice people

Cons- Overall, leadership is less than competent
- No clear company direction
- No clear career path; employees are rarely promoted
- In simplest terms, this place is backwards

Advice to Senior Management- Don't be afraid to clean out those that are not producing and bring in fresh blood.

a very large company

Production Operator (Former Employee)
San Pedro, Laguna (Philippines)

I worked at Terumo Medical Corporation as a contractor for less than a year

Prosgreat people and satisfaction of work

Consin terumo phil.corp. medical devices are securely manufactured.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work

Rule by intimidation and Poor ethics

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Terumo Medical Corporation

Prosgood benefits bonuses and dinners

Conssupervisors rule by intimidation and often talk down to associates

Advice to Senior Managementwatch who you have ruling your floor

Worked for Terumo Medical Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Terumo Medical Corporation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Terumo Medical Corporation CEO Jim Takeuchi. All 9 reviews posted anonymously by Terumo Medical Corporation employees.