Tervis Tumbler Reviews

Patrick Redmond

1. Great hours !

Former Employee - Production in Nokomis, FL
    Former Employee - Production in Nokomis, FL

I worked at Tervis Tumbler full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Discount on the products that were produced

Cons

Not too many cons, overall great atmosphere

Advice to Management

Avoid cliques and "friendships" interferes with overall moral of employees

Pretty bad working environment

Former Employee - Finance in Venice, FL
    Former Employee - Finance in Venice, FL

I worked at Tervis Tumbler full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Easy hiring no reference checking limited office space & cubicles No staff goals, objectives or strategy that is maintained no accountability required

Cons

Offices are cramped, filthy, shabby everyone is expected to do everyone's job bad business processes mapped to bad homegrown systems Sr management has limited experience doing their jobs Finger pointing and blaming at all levels

Advice to Management

Stop making changes to a bad business model. Hire some professionals for business advice on how to grow the business in a professional stable manner

3. fun to sell

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Tervis Tumbler (More than a year)

Pros

discount is great, product is fun to sell

Cons

not enough info from corporate

Advice to Management

let employees have conference call too

Factory Work

Pros

Steady full time and overtime. The company is growing and there is lots of job security

Cons

Hard work. Always pressure from the line and attention to detail is high. As far as factory work goes everything it expected and pay is low. High value placed on physical production.

6. Sales Managers

I have been working at Tervis Tumbler full-time

Pros

Established brand, quality product, loyal customer following, long term employees

Cons

Constantly changing processes, all upper level management is hired from outside, feedback from sales team is not taken into consideration for long term company plans.

Sounded Fantastic but fell short

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Tervis Tumbler full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only pro of working for Trevis is the store teams and their willingness to help out a fellow manager. Pto, and 401k are also nice.

Cons

Cannot get support from your corporate team for ANYTHING! Corporate messes up with your orders and will not take responsibility. They make you clean up the mess. They give low performance reviews to all managers to avoid giving raises. Absolutely no room for advancement.

Advice to Management

Take responsibility for your mistakes and don't make the stores have to clean it up. Hour more help at the corporate level and get things done.

8. Job Environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Venice, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Venice, FL

I have been working at Tervis Tumbler full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I currently work in the Design Department in the Tervis Headquarters. The Design Team as well as the surrounding teams that I work with are very encouraging employees who strive to do their jobs as best as they can. Tervis is rapidly growing in sales, and the Tervis structure is constantly evolving to grow with the sales by modernizing our atmosphere, as well as structuring our organization so that all of teams work more fluidly in collaborations.

Cons

We are in the midst of adapting to the growth increase which brings about a lot of changes in our systems, structures and job responsibilities. There is much to still be worked out. But our leaders and teams are working through it, and in time, when it's settled down a bit, it will all come together.

Advice to Management

Really spend time with all of your teams to receive a thorough understanding of their day to day activities before changing them around.

It was an okay position.

Former Employee - Keyholder in Naples, FL
    Former Employee - Keyholder in Naples, FL

I worked at Tervis Tumbler part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great employee discount, weekly pay, occasional bonus, great team, regulars can be very rewarding, amazing work environment and very friendly

Cons

Corporate is very micromanaging, expected sales are way out of reach. Extremely unreasonable contests to raise ADS and UPT. Constantly getting yelled at by customers about the new LTG policy.

General Manager

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

Pros

Work life balance policies do allow you to command your schedule effectively.

Cons

Growth and organizational structure are not growing together. With more growth, comes disconnect, and partially, organized chaos. Bonus structure is poorly created, and sales targets are not realistic, or well planned.

Advice to Management

Include General Managers in discussions about the local market, and take into consideration the changes which impact any bonus potential.

I'd rate lower than one star if I could.

Former Employee - Production in North Venice, FL
    Former Employee - Production in North Venice, FL

I worked at Tervis Tumbler (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent starting pay, good benefits package.

Cons

Way too much deviousness by upper management and supervisors, lots of office politics.

Advice to Management

What I saw when I was there: Lots of favoritism. Better treatment and promotions where given not those that worked hard and performed well but to those that would become personal friends of supervisors. Because of this, career opportunities are extremely limited. If others would speak out about this unfair treatment, upper management not only didn't want to hear it but would find ways to fire those who dared say anything. Also, upper management would do everything possible to get out of paying medical costs of those who suffered injury while on company time. When it comes to the culture and values of the company, there are those there that care but they aren't high up enough to do anything about what's going on. It's also very difficult to get them to work with scheduling for those that want to attend college while employed there. My advice is for the Chairman of the Board, Norbert Donnelly. If by some divine miracle you see this, know that your company used to be a good one. It has been going downhill for a while. If you want to fix it, the first thing needed would be a top-down flush out of the upper management. Anyone who has held high level positions for the last five years or longer needs to go. Please promote people who are already in the company into the vacant positions. It seems like every time someone is brought in from the outside, they make things worse.

RSS Feed </> Embed