Tervita

Be The First To
Add Photos

John W. Gibson Jr.

Disappointing

ProsBenefits and compensation are good.

ConsVery dysfunctional and misguided organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementToo many management and corporate layers between the field and corporate levels. Need to address and establish missing foundational pieces that are necessary to manage the organization, its people and support the desired growth of the US operations. Company lacks direction and a vision.

Craziest company I have ever worked

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFairly good benefits and love the job.

ConsUpper management really has no clue

Advice to Senior ManagementHire someone who knows how to run an IT Group and quit speeding money on software at that is not needed.

Great product / service offering. Very disorganized organization structure

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat product offering, reduce waste and increase profitability to E&P's

ConsDisorganized corporate organization structure / business model

Advice to Senior ManagementStop making knee jerk decisions

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

People Matters is not the same as Employee Matters

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New Town, ND

ProsGood pay, good benefits (especially better for salaried employees.)

ConsThey don't know a thing about the oil fields. Completely shut down a profitable yard with a large PAYING customer, loses that customer so they can not get paid by other large oil companies. Treat their hourly employees like pack mules...they work hard hours to make profit for the company yet only give out $25 gift cards at the end of the year to the hourly, however salaried employees get a yearly bonus.

Spent a lot of money for "re-branding" in March 2012. Laid off 500+ in September 2012. The money spent for re-branding could have saved those jobs.

Some people barely get 40 hours per week, while others get 90-100. Not a good thing when guys are begging for hours., especially when some jobs are easy enough for a monkey to do it.

No flexibility, ESP for an employee that gets the work done, office is in a remote location, and doesn't ask for more than 40 hours. Unless you are a relative or worked out of Williston, you are treated like a second rated employee, opinions disregarded and ignored.

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople matters should mean employee matters.

Management needs to communicate with field hands.

Solids Control Technician (Former Employee) Odessa, TX

ProsPay was on time that's a good thing.

ConsManagement needs to communicate with the hands out in the field.
    No training on relevant equipment.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have noticed a lot of nepotism and buddy buddy type of hiring practices this has gotten out of control.

working for tervita

Shop Foreman (Former Employee) Watford City, ND

ProsTervita is a good place to work if all you care about is money. They also have a very good vacation plan too.

ConsIf you like a place that keeps promises than this is not a good place to work. This place talks big and that is it, the management here "walks on toes". Human Recources runs the company not the managers. I was with a company that got bought out by Tervita and our 1st day they told us "we are not going to change the operation" that was a lie, and " if you don't like what we do we will just hire the next guy cause we have a line at our door". So at least in North Dakota there was no family atmoshpere. They also put people in management that do not have any experiance either leading or having knowledge in the field that they are directly overseeing. The person that took my job was an o.k. worker but had no experiance in running what I oversaw and I know there has been alot of costly side affects from the lack of experiance that person had. And there are countless more examples I can give.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf there is no qualified people to do a job hire someone, you have a line at your door.

Large company with both benefits and detriments

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWas big company, if you worked hard and were reliable there were lots of opertunities to keep working

ConsCan't say. Didn't work for them long enough to appropriately comment

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

good

Derrickhand (Former Employee) Grande Prairie, AB (Canada)

Prosnot bad for their wages

Consthey dont care about their senior hands

Advice to Senior Managementgood

worst company I have ever worked for .

Floorhand (Former Employee) Grande Prairie, AB (Canada)

Prosdo not work here poorly ran sell all your. rigs and get out of the oil patch.They never do what they say they are going to do like we will forget

Conssell every thing and leave Canada you suck

Advice to Senior Managementquit and go to another country you are the captain of a sinking ship

Horrible supervision and management

Anonymous (Former Employee)

Prosgreat Benefits package and great employees on the ground.

ConsAbsolutely no support. They preach safety safety safety but lack in all aspects. Lots of brown nosing and lies from management. Pay is below standard. Freeze on wage increments. Gender and racial discrimination in the workplace. incompetent HR department whose concern has nothing to do with "human resources". This company is going down fast.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more competent district managers who have a clue about their job. Get lid of white hats who would rather spend their time on kijiji or YouTube. Support the people on the ground and don't treat them like trash.

Worked for Tervita? Contribute to the Community!