Tesco Controls
www.tescocontrols.com Sacramento, CA 150 to 499 Employees

Tesco Controls Reviews

Updated Jun 27, 2014
Tesco Controls – Sacramento – “HQ”

Andy Brown

Tesco is an exceptional place to work. Manufacturing mixed with tech.

Senior Engineer (Current Employee)
    Sacramento, CA

ProsLots of long term employees with great depth and breadth of experience. You get to work with cutting edge technology. Has the feel of a small mom and pop store despite being a big business. Lots of employee events and a real focus on the customers.

ConsCareer growth within Tesco is very limited. Salary increases are few and far between, but management is working with a consulting team to change how they do things.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop internal career paths for employees, give regularly scheduled salary adjustments, and listen closely to what your employees are saying.

So disappointing!

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsThe employees are hard working, and very genuine people. They were a fun group to work with. That's just about all I can come up with. Everything else was horrible.

ConsThe senior management is completely corrupt. They convinced me in the interview process that they were honest and cared about doing the right thing but I quickly realized after starting my job that it was all an act. They hire production employees as temp workers and then work them 6 days a week and over 60 hours and see if they can break the employees. If the temp employee puts up with being abused then they will hire them as regular employees. They talk down to everyone and don't give a crap about burning employees out. The senior management held secret meetings to discuss the lower management employees behind their backs. And they had zero integrity. I was instructed to do things I felt uncomfortable doing and when I questioned things they terminated me.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy only advice is a major change in the entire senior management structure. They have 2 people acting as the CEO... Which is not productive.

Good company to work for

Assembler (Former Employee)
    Sacramento, CA

ProsGood group of people hard workers

Conslearning how to read blueprints

Advice to Senior Managementnot getting support from upper management

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It started out being a great place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEmployee-Owned, Days away from this place are the BEST

ConsThe pennies they call raises,employee review system, unqualified people for management positions, poor communication with lower level employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up, take a look at why they employee turnover rate is so high

Tesco tries hard, but falls just short

Sacramento, CA

ProsGreat people, collaborative environment, long term employees, personable executive management. Most people seem generally interested in new ideas and improvements. Support staff is friendly. Employee Owned Company. Has quite a few events for employees (monthly birthday celebrations, yearly picnic, health fair, ESOP Month).

ConsReviews, raises, and the like are few and far between, if ever. Most people only receive general raises if they threaten to leave or get a job offer somewhere else. Some people in middle management really shouldn't be there. Worker bees as managers mean things do not get managed very well, they are too busy working. Way too many meetings - they have 4-5 meetings a week with the same core people and a few different folks mixed in and talk about the same thing every time, just a waste of time.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would like to see Tesco focus on quality over quantity. A few years ago when construction was non-existent, it was a scramble to get jobs. We needed to take on a lot of projects to stay busy and keep the bills paid. While the landscape has changed, Tesco is still taking and bidding as many jobs as we can. The workload is always high, and little mistakes are getting made on practically every level. Tesco is still good at what we do, but we used to be great. Now it seems like we are trying to grow for the sake of growing and not approaching it strategically. Overall, I would like to see a focus on company efficiency, employee morale, product quality, and customer satisfaction.

People are great, opportunity is limited.

Electrical Engineer (Former Employee)
    Sacramento, CA

ProsEmployee owned company, who work together to produce top notch product.

ConsBelow average salary, more of a job, than a career.

A Great Place to Work

(Former Employee)
    Sacramento, CA

ProsEmployees and management made my first days a positive experience each taking the time to incorporate me into the company and its culture. Good management team creating a positive work environment. Tesco sponors a varity of charity events thru the year making a point to include employees and their families, fun and an excellent way to give back to the community! Since the company is 100% employee owned each employee has a vested interest in making it successful. The company is growing despite the slower economy. A very tough decision to leave a good organization.

Cons90 day waiting period for benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Successful company despite the management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Sacramento, CA

ProsThe mgmt is very strange. Completely paranoid and afraid to trust employees. The only pro I can think of would be that they have a beautiful facility.

ConsVery poor communication. Afraid to grow and change. Very secretive. Questionable integrity.

Worked for Tesco Controls? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tesco Controls reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Tesco Controls CEO Andy Brown. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by Tesco Controls employees.