Tesco

Tesco Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Tesco CEO Philip Clarke

Philip Clarke

Pros
  • Work-life balance is encouraged, company values are decent (in 22 reviews)

• Good pay, development opportunities available, and some great people (in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, expectation that you will do more than is fair (in 17 reviews)

• Senior management has taken it's eye off the ball and the business lacks direction (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Great learning opportunity

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proswonderful campus,friendly atmosphere,the campus has been designed keeping in mind all the needs of an employee.

ConsSometimes the skills are not appropriately reviewed and considered for growth of an employee by the management

yo

Analyst (Current Employee) Tesco, TX

ProsTesco is a good company

ConsThere might be something better

good company to work for

Night Shift Customer Aissitant (Current Employee) Leeds, England (UK)

Pros!0% discount which at various times if the year is double good for especially big ticket items
    best pay out of the big 4 best pension plan in country shares in success scheme possibilty to progress within company

Consoverly demanding workload and deadlines at time politically motivated bum kissing staff this is a work place not game of thrones

Advice to Senior Managementto treat staff equal and not just as a human resource

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to work

ProsGood Environment to mingle,treated with respect

ConsGreatur exposure across the globe

People make it a great place to work

Service Manager (Current Employee) Stevenage, England (UK)

ProsGreat people who make it such a nice place to work. Work-life balance is encouraged, company values are decent. Benefits ok

ConsNon-graduate employees are not really given a decent career path, where as graduates are fast-tracked even though they don't have the correct skill set.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider a career plan similar to that of graduates for non-graduates, i.e. allow them to spend time in HSC to understand the ways of working better.

work

Customer Assistant (Current Employee) Liverpool, England (UK)

Prosgood paying job with great working people

Consthere many challenges to try and achieve

Good

Tech Team Leader (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsWork life balance, ability and scope to explore new technologies

Consmanagers, hierarchical ways of working

Advice to Senior Managementhave an unbiased view for all team members

Good fun people

Business Analyst (Former Employee) Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)

ProsThere are great people at Tesco. Strong management and good benefits package

ConsThe numbers overrule logical decision making

Advice to Senior ManagementUtilise the ideas from the shop floor

Good training and development

Personnel (Current Employee)

ProsThe size of the business means there are always opportunities to gain new experience, and the benefits are better than the competition. They go beyond just pay. Training is good, and the culture and values, in theory, make it a great place to work.

ConsThe work is demanding and while they talk about work / life balance, it's certainly work that comes first. The size of the business also means it's sometimes hard to get noticed. Some managers don't seem to remember the core values.

Not the worst job ever I suppose.

Customer Assistant (Current Employee) Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

ProsTheres always the opportunity there for you to progress. Always meeting new people and it's like a big family sometimes. The pay is pretty decent, currently roughly £7.50 per hour for Customer Assistants but goes up by a few pence each year. 10% discount card on every shop.

ConsThe Management is really bad. Due to the fact it can be easy to progress, attention isn't really paid to how managers work, so the management can be extremely patronising and plain rude to staff, treating us as if we are stupid. Even though you may work in one department and follow your own Line Manager's instructions, other Managers just come up to you and expect you to follow their instructions too! Such a contradiction.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat Staff with more respect. Put a bit more work and focus into training Management or they will trail off.

Worked for Tesco? Contribute to the Community!