Tesla Motors

Tesla Motors Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Tesla Motors Chairman, CEO, and Product Architect Elon Musk

Elon Musk

Pros
  • Company is doing a lot of really awesome things working with cutting edge tech(in 10 reviews)

• Free cereal and a soda fountain (Im easy to please)(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is not really good because you have to work long hours and sometiems weekends(in 18 reviews)

• Long hours are expected, it's not as bad as some make it seem however(in 15 reviews)

Very smart, courteous people. Great interview!

Senior Electronic Engineer (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsUnbeatable health benefits, great stock options. Excellent, fast paced environment. Great coworkers!

ConsPay is not as good, especially for Bay Area, but hey, you're working for the world's best startup company!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the awesome work!

good at all

Product Specialist (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

Proswe are going to change the world

Consgood culture, value, training , and benefits

I could not be more proud to be part of this company. I am humbled.

Product Excellence Powertrain Technician (Current Employee) Fremont, CA

ProsRevolutionary, innovative, and audacious are understatements of this company. Technological breakthroughs of the century and we are on the fore fronts of it all. I would not want to be anywhere else. There is not anywhere else.

ConsThe food in the cafe.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

amazing experience part of making history with this company!

Technician (Former Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsAwesome drive by this company. cross training was a great experience to understand the big picture of goals that Tesla has.

ConsLong hours can take anyone to feel restless, but well worth the reward of completing the job.

Opportunities in every direction; most people are passionate, professional, and driven

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Fremont, CA

Pros- Everyone has their head in the game. Lots of focus and drive, few petty complaints (at least in my area)
    - Growing pains = tons of opportunities everywhere to get involved in.
    - Free cereal, soda, Peet's coffee, popcorn (Wednesdays)

Cons- Need more structure in prioritization for IT resources
    - Facilities seems to working hard to spruce up the office; since this was initially a factory there are lots of areas for improvement

Awesome place to work

Firmware Engineer (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

Pros-Company is doing a lot of really awesome things working with cutting edge tech. Work is very fulfilling and interesting.
    -Good atmosphere for talking about engineeringy stuff w coworkers
    -Free cereal, oatmeal, coffee, milk, OJ
    -Learning a lot. Coworkers are very intelligent and professional.
    -Good work life balance, at least on my team. Everyone sticks to 40hr weeks, more or less.

Cons-Intern pay is about a third of what I'd be receiving from other software companies ($15/hr here + $500 total relocation stipend, ~$40/hr + $3000 relocation stipend is what friends and I have been offered from other places). I suppose

Great People, great work.

Parts Advisor (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsGreat Benefits, great office culture, people love what they do. People know what they are doing and work as a team to get the results

Consi don't have any cons just get ready to work long hours.

Try to keep up with a driven visionary

Equipment Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) Fremont, CA

ProsOpportunities to succeed, challenging work, and fast paced. Every day feels like it could make or break you.

ConsGrowth pace of the company has gone beyond what some of the support groups can handle. Work/life balance is brutal.

Advice to Senior ManagementCut back on the meetings and get down on the Production Floor. The ratio of requesters to implementers has shifted in the wrong direction.

I love Tesla Motors

Product Specialist (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsBringing transportation into the future, beautifully

ConsI was hired for the holidays and 'pidgen-holed' as the t-shirt filing girl, unfortunately. I wish I would have been put on a path that would have made me into a permanent employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementA-type sales people are not always the best managers.

Amazing.

Delivery Orientation Specialist (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsVery fun and life changing. Lots of opportunity to grow since the company is expanding very rapidly. Get to drive the world's greatest car everyday and interact with happy customers from all different walks of life.

ConsPart time contract doesn't pay well or have benefits. Hours can be long, especially at the end of the quarter.

Worked for Tesla Motors? Contribute to the Community!