TestAmerica

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Rachel Brydon Jannetta

Pros:
  • "Ability to have a flexible schedule"
    in 21 reviews
  • "flexible work schedule is possible"
    in 6 reviews
Cons:
  • "There have been no raises in the last five years and a decrease in benefits"
    in 17 reviews
  • "Low pay and 1 raise after 5 year freeze with no mention of any more"
    in 10 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Worked to the bone.

ProsFlexibility in terms of hours. Decent PTO accrual. Lots of opportunities to move around the company because people are leaving frequently.

ConsToo much work than is possible for anyone person. Always asked to work overtime.

OK

Bottles (Former Employee)
    Tampa, FL

ProsThe people are the only good part

ConsManagement is the horrible and don't care about the people

Advice to Senior ManagementTry

Learned a lot but too many Corporate changes.

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsAnalytical work is honest. Employees hard - working and diligent.

ConsCompany gets sold every 5 yrs or so. Raises and bonuses few and far between. Unknown goals that employees can rarely meet. Little acknowledgment for work well done. But...good steady work if lab profitable and one works accurately.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake decisions and stay with them. Let employees in on ideas and possible changes. They could help. Invest in new instruments. Stop being so afraid of the Clients.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

High production lab with very low pay and bad benefits.

Analyst I (Current Employee)
    University Park, IL

ProsFlexible schedule and off time.

ConsPoor management. Low pay and 1 raise after 5 year freeze with no mention of any more. Benefits cost more and shrink every year. Very negative work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is restructuring again. Reverted back to old CEO?

Difficult To Advance

ProsCompany continues to be a leader in the industry

ConsDifficult to advance in this company unless you are willing to allow it take over your life. Afterhours, weekends, holidays...all on are the table if you truly want to move up.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmbrace the 21st century workplace and provide both the technology and the opportunity for remote-work to ALL employees for which it's practical. Eliminating the physical commute can be a win-win in terms of work-life balance that is really lacking in the corporate structure.

TA need I say more?

ProsWe are the best. The Pacific Northwest, especially Seattle, has the best customer service and response time in the industry

ConsWe have so much work it is hard to keep up. We have so much DoD work, it is hard to keep up.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive our people better hours and better balance with family life.

up but mostly down

Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible hours, good people, health care, finally got raises after 5-6 years, some chances for promotion. Old CEO is back. The last one was a joke as many others have voiced.

ConsManagement is clueless about the real money makers busting there butts in the labs. Upper management make ridiculous request to create a standard between all labs. Try to implement them across the lab network even though we all are not on the same playing field.

Advice to Senior Managementwell at least the last CEO, James Hyman is gone so i guess someone was listening!!!!

TestAmerica is the Wal-Mart of environmental labs...low pay...low praise...pathetic.

Sample Prep Technician (Former Employee)
    Dayton, OH

ProsIf you are looking for something to fill a void on a recent college graduate's resume, this company is perfect. But, do not stay too long.

ConsExtremely embarrassingly low wages. A bogus bonus system based on lab production and a sales staff that does not answer to the lab. In all my time there, I received one $250 bonus that was taxed outrageously. I also received a $25 gift card that was also taxed.

There isn't a training program what so ever. You are thrown to the wolves and made to fend for yourself. The lab eventually closed.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere isn't anything that can be said to management that will change anything. The best thing to do is to avoid TestAmerica at all costs. Their ineptitude is why our lab closed.

Worst Laboratory job EVER.

Analyst I (Former Employee)
    Irvine, CA

ProsThere are no pros working for TestAmerica. Stay away from this place. And if you do decide to take a position there within the laboratory. Please comment on my post and let me know I was 100% right. .

ConsWords cannot describe how bad upper management is. They work their employees to death. Literally. This company aims for newly grads or immigrants in order work them to the ground with minimal pay. I mean $13 and hour?? They make you work weekends and 12+ hours. I did 17 hour shifts more than I can count. They give no appreciation for their employees hard work and dedication to getting things on time and right.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a new upper manager. Appreciate employees and thei hard work rather than just giving them ice cream during monthly meetings where you talk about how we all need to work harder than we already were. ever heard of Work-life balance?

In my experience with this company, I have found the environment to be fast paced and a high stress environmental lab.

Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Arvada, CO

ProsGreat environment for personal growth and the opportunity to take ownership for the work you do. The co-workers are a joy to work with and there is never a boring down time. There are many opportunities to challenge yourself in this company.

ConsThe work is very fast paced and numbers driven. If you do not handle stressful environments well, this is not the company for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementI believe in treating all employees fairly. This does not mean treat all employees equally. Compensate the employees who are willing to work harder to show them they are appreciated for their work.

Worked for TestAmerica? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TestAmerica reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for TestAmerica CEO Rachel Brydon Jannetta. All 90 reviews posted anonymously by TestAmerica employees.